faster than a speeding wine bottle.

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:09 am
GRAZ, Austria (AP) - A man who claimed he was Superman and could fly was hospitalized early Tuesday after leaping from a fourth-floor window, authorities said.

Paramedics rushed the 23-year-old man to a hospital in the city of Graz, about 200 kilometers (120 miles) south of Vienna, after he jumped from a window and suffered head and back injuries, police said.

They said the man _ who apparently had drunk several bottles of red wine before attempting the jump _ appeared at the window ledge at around 4 a.m. (0200GMT) and shouted: "I am Superman! Nothing can happen to me!"

The jumper, whose name was not released, landed on part of a lower section and roof, sparing him from more serious injuries, authorities said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 924 • Replies: 3
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:12 am
Never been THAT drunk. Shocked
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:19 pm
Several bottles of red wine and he was capable of staying upright long enough to leap out of the window?

And Superman knows better than to drink then fly so this bloke is no Superman.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 12:34 am
Well, of course he couldn't fly! He drank red wine, instead of white! I thought everybody knew what wine goes with flying. Sheesh! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies