So, what's for dinner?

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:53 am
BRISBANE, Australia (AP) - A man attempting to shoot a friend's cow missed the animal twice and one of the bullets hit and injured a woman who was driving past in her car, a court heard Monday.

Rudolf Stadler, 51, from Mooloolaba on Australia's east coast, appeared in Brisbane District Court on charges of conducting a negligent act causing bodily harm. He pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutor Matt Nathan said that on April 17 last year Stadler was trying to kill a cow for his friend Paul Tyson.

After luring the animal to a shed, he shot twice but missed. The second bullet hit Carrie Tunning, who was driving along a road next to Tyson's farm, Nathan said.

"I heard this enormous noise like a rock hitting the car but much louder," Tunning told the court. "I looked down and there was blood everywhere on my leg."

Tunning has made a full recovery.

Nathan told the jury they should find Stadler guilty of negligence because he failed to take "simple and reasonable precautions."

The trial is continuing. Stadler faces a maximum sentence of two years' imprisonment if convicted.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 618 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 11:10 am
I must ask, how can you have a cow penned, fire twice and MISS both times? Those animals are huge! That guy should be locked up for being such a lousy shot!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 11:11 am
And no doubt, the cow didn't even move. They are quite dense.
0 Replies