Canon SureShot or Nikon Coolpix?

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:28 am

I know the Canon line is PictBridge compatible, but don't know about Nikon, though I'm fairly sure it is. Unfortunately Nikon doesn't have a Contact Us link, and so I can't ask them. (At least I couldn't find it.) They just say "See your local..."

I'm getting a new printer - after 7 years of faithful service my old Canon S600 finally gave up the ghost (Canon says it's because I didn't use their inks, but I think it was plain old age) and it will use PictBridge. It would be nice to just go direct to the printer, instead of having to deal with intermediate steps. Nice, but not vital, but I'm interested.

Anyway, any thoughts on the Coolpix/SureShot options will be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 878 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Bodo

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 01:46 pm
I've played with a few Nikon Coolpix and love Nikon in general. I've got a few of their cameras and have had nothing but great experiences with them.

Can't claim to have played with any Canon products to compare them to, however.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 01:57 pm
Did you try HERE

You can download the specs. Just click on the camera of your choice for more info.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 05:49 pm
Yes, I went to that site, but they don't mention PictBridge. Someone at Canon sai that most of the newer cameras are compatible with PB; my "old" onr is not.

However, since posting this question I talkd to a Nikon person and he said these are compatible.

I'm hoping for more opinions on Canon vs Nikon.G
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 11:47 am
I've had several Canon's and really enjoyed them - right now I have the Powershot, it works great and can take a beating. The prices have come way down too!
0 Replies