Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 17,221 • Replies: 50
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:44 am
i can't decide which stephen king book it would hafta be...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:45 am
Grinny-Nicholas Fisk
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 08:11 pm
The only horror novel to ever give me pause before turning off the light, make me get a little tense when I heard a noise downstairs while home alone, was The Exorcist.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 08:38 pm
Hands down, the 2 scariest books I've ever read were 'Pet Semetary' and 'The Shining' by Stephen King.
mac11

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 08:42 pm
I stayed up til the wee hours finishing Pet Semetary. I had to put it in the other room to get to sleep. Creepy as hell.

But Gerald's Game tops all other Steven King books for me as far as the amazingly grotesque situation.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 10:00 pm
"Sense of Evil" by Kay Hooper. That book creeped me
out and I only could read it during daylight hours.....

Haven't touched a book of hers since.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 10:28 pm
I think rather highly of "Pet Sematary" also. I even have an autographed copy of it. Smile

I'm fond of "Red Dragon" by Thomas Harris as well, but the effect probably won't be as great if you've seen the film.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:42 pm
The Shining.

As if there's any other choice. Pffft...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 04:46 am
"Dear Mr. Capote" is the creepiest novel I've ever read because it seemed so entirely possible -- a seemingly ordinary man with perverse motivations.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 03:22 pm
I'd go along with Pet Semetary, but while I thoroughly enjoyed The Shining, I found Salem's Lot and It much scarier.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 04:09 pm
Whispers by Dean Koontz. I hate bugs!
0 Replies

sculptin

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 02:53 am
Black House - by Stephen King and Peter Straub
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:13 pm
I can't think of one right now.
But anything Stephen King has written has always been scary.
He's an excellent writer.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:27 pm
Pet Semetary for me too...the movie was such a let down.
Chai

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 08:05 am
Yeah, most of Kings movies are a let down.

The books though,mmmmm

"It" by King

The scene where the girl was in a house and the old woman she was visiting started changing, and the house started changing too?

What could be scarier than an entity that senses what you're most afraid of, and becomes that?

Again, the movie sucked.

My favorite all around books by King are "The Talisman" and the Gunslinger series.

Has anyone else read all the the Gunslingers?
That's why I named our newest cat Roland.
kickycan

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:04 pm
I'm reading it right now for the first time.

Dracula, by Bram Stoker. As if the incredibly creepy story itself isn't enough, this is some serious writing as well. I'm not really a vampire guy, but this is good stuff. Holy crap, why didn't I read this years ago? I'm loving it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:13 pm
kickycan wrote:
I'm reading it right now for the first time.

Dracula, by Bram Stoker. As if the incredibly creepy story itself isn't enough, this is some serious writing as well. I'm not really a vampire guy, but this is good stuff. Holy crap, why didn't I read this years ago? I'm loving it.

Which one are you on? The first? I actually never read the first one until I was past the 3rd or 4th I think.

that one was kinda a prelude....like the Hobbit was to the Lord of the Rings.

King didn't realize what he was getting into with that one. He had stopped writing them for years, it wasn't until he had that near fatal accident that he realized he had to complete them.

It gets really really better as the books go on...all the interconnectiveness stuff.

I'll tell you this much to keep you interested.....the ending of the last and final book really chilled me, not because of any gore or what have you, it was just so.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:22 pm
Huh? 3rd or 4th book? I have no idea what you are talking about. There is only one Dracula by Bram Stoker, isn't there?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:23 pm
Oh wait, I see now that you are responding to someone else's post, by accident. You're talking about the Tower books by King.

Okay, I'm up to speed now. Carry on.
0 Replies