What is going on inside your head?

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 09:06 pm
This is probably been discussed before, but I'm curious as to the thought process of the different A2Kers.

What exactly goes on inside your head?

I have all this stuff going on continuously -- vague swirling mind clouds that continuously spin around, bouncing off each other, and sometimes retreating to the far corners of my mind. The stuff isn't specific but when I need to process a certain thought, things seem to slow down and the right cloud will settle into its working slot.

But I've talked to other people and some have said their mind is very regimented, specific items lined in a row, and they're constantly thinking ahead, arranging, planning.

Others have admitted to having not much going on there until they need it, then, and only then, do they engage the necessary gears.

So, I need an idea of what is going on inside your head; on how your thought process works.

Basically, I'm just trying to determine if I'm crazy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,935 • Replies: 50
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 09:31 pm
Yes you are crazy, but still lovable.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:12 pm
<wondering why Gus REALLY wants to know>
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:16 pm
not crazy, just you.

sometimes it's better when a q is just a q, eva, and leave the dark secrets of crazymen to their ownselves. heheh
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:18 pm
Right now?

Chef Boyardee banging a centaur.

Really?

When I'm walking about this crummy town, and I like to walk, I'm just checking **** out. Whatever catches my eye. The grown man on a low-rider bicycle, the perverts putting aluminum siding on an apartment building and lustily eyeing a tenant half their age, the weird bastard in a turtleneck in 80 degree weather handing out bibles.

The exotic is everywhere. That's what I'm interested in. That's how I try to keep my mind stimulated. That's how I try to stay awake.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:23 pm
what's perverted about someone eyeing somone half their age, if that person's over 36? <s>
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:25 pm
uh ... gustav ... i may have made the responses on this thread go down with that q ... sorry. <g>
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:30 pm
Yeah. And I also don't think THAT literally.

I didn't specify that age makes someone perverted.

Anyways. I've seen these dudes everyday. I'm talking late forties. Checking out nineteen, twenty year-olds.

Does that clarify my thought process for you?
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:31 pm
yup. thanks fer playin'! <g>
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:32 pm
You're welcome 4 ever!!! Two big thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 11:04 pm
4-ever?

Man, you NEVAH had a girl like me, huh?

<s>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 01:51 am
Too much goes on......so many thoughts...right now I am thinking about how to express this, I am aware that I am sposed to be going out for drinks, and I am kinda hiding, I am aware that it is raining and I am thinking about where I put my brolly and I am writing case notes in my head as well as deciding how to get rid if my damned tv cabinet thingy but aware that the Indian chest I want to replace it with is too small but really nice and I am thinking about the talks I have to give over the next few weeks in differentiating normal sexual behaviour in litle kids from behaviour that is concerning from behaviour that frankly suggests abuse.....and so it goes....

I do not have clouds inside my head....more like jazz, you know threads of thought that might follow a definite line for a while then wander on to parts unknown, but all related to the original theme...underneath are the drums of other thoughts, as well as other musical lines, which are not the primary focus at that time.

Under THAT I am aware of a kind of hum of semi conscious problem solving, or just worry, and a kind of awareness of the people who are important to me, kind of thrumming away.

When I have to think really rationally, I do so in words, except that solutions to problems will often manifest in the form of an odd either abstract symbolic chunk that has a lot of visual in it, the words for which come later, often annoyingly AFTER I have absorbed the solutiion, and am moving on, but the words still have to get themselves out, kind of like a little duck that is always behind the rest in a cartoon, or the solution to a practical problem will appear as a clear visual.

Scared yet?
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:25 am
dlowan ... g't'seeyou. <nods>

I'm VERY engaged (in a psychologically weird kinda way), and not much scares me.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:06 am
For the past half an hour, I have been partaking of some deep Ommmmming, in an effort to clear the rubble away from the tangled interior, to see what is ACTUALLY going on at this precise time.

The results are rather interesting.

The Hypothalmus is switched onto answerphone mode, which replays a loop, saying "Do it tomorrow, do it tomorrow"

The Cerebellum is complaining (as usual) that the regular intake of Corvoisier is making its job that involves balance and motor coordination that much harder.

The Choroid Plexius is crying out fot its filter to be changed, whilst the parietal lobe (body awareness) is telling me that my dangly bits are particularly floppy this morning.

The frontal lobe has given up worrying and the Somatosensory strip (which receives information from the skin) is liking the way that I keep fiddling with my goolies.

The Corpus Callosum (which connects and communicates between the two halves of the brain) is worrying me however, as all I can hear is an echoing scream of "Yarrup, Yarrup, FROSTY!".

All in all, a rather interesting exercise.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:15 am
anastasia wrote:
dlowan ... g't'seeyou. <nods>

I'm VERY engaged (in a psychologically weird kinda way), and not much scares me.

Good to see YOU.

I am engaged, too, and EVERYTHING scares me...lol.

Ellpus, very funny!!!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:19 am
My head feels like its full of cotton wool most of the time, nothing definate goes on in it, its almost like I kind of have an idea/thought but its not really necessary.There is room for a margin of error.
I think about how I have to get a better paid job so I can move out of my parents home one day, I think I will have to do a job I hate just to get the right amount of income.
I think why does everybody elses life move forward and I feel like i am still 18 years old.
I think about putting my problems in perspective in comparison to the new Orleans floods or earthquakes.
I wonder what im missing out on but then again I appreciate what Ive got.
I wonder why all my trousers show my butt when I sit down and why no tops are made long enough to cover my belly.
I wonder why I have a mole on my cheek like Robert De Niro yet Im not as cool as him, plus if I was asked to describe my face I probably wouldnt mention it as after 30 years I havnt bonded with it yet.
I think about things that happened years ago that still p*ss me off.
I think about eating more healthily and getting more exercise.Think, dont do.
I think where has the summer gone, its all cold now.
I wonder if Il ever use my brain again.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:43 am
everything USED to scare me, then I relocated to a new culture, and you can't survive in another culture with that kind of philosophy, I think, so I HAD to change it.

though ... for almost four years after I moved here, everything scared ME, too! <g>
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:17 am
A most excellent answer by dlowan. That's the sort of information I was seeking. Especially the part about thinking in words. Mine is more visual, yet I've heard people think in words, almost as if they're thinking aloud. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with that. Of course, that was dlowan's low gear, as she explained, so that might have some merit.

I was a bit surprised by Lord Ellpus feeling it was necessary to define the Corpus Callosum. I'm sure the majority of A2Ker's are quite familiar with the term and the meaning and may now consider the Lord to be somewhat haughty and perhaps condescending.

Speaking of the Corpus Collosum, it played an integral role in Thomas Disch's masterpiece "The M.D".
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:29 am
gustav, I am going to answer. eventually.

my head is busy all the time.

what i say is pretty much an aural photograph of ... what's going on inside my head. people hate it.

it's not scary - it's not theirs.

but they hate it.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:32 am
Wow, Gus, thats very interesting Exclamation I never gave my thinking a second thought :wink: I guess I took it for granted. Hmmm, I think I think in images too. Confused I think Question

Wow, I want to learn more about this!

http://www.2000greetings.com/meow_bullet.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is going on inside your head?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 10:34:46