Halloween theme party--"Dressed to kill" Costume Ideas?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:45 pm
I have been to many costume parties and have seen many people dressed as either Speedy Gonzalez or the Frito Bandito. Usually they are white people trying to appear Mexican, but they very seldom pull it off.

That changed, however, last year when a Bernie Jensen, an actuary, and Jim Derdoski, the local pharmacist, showed up at the party dressed as the aforementioned characters.

Everyone at the party was shocked at the incredibly convincing manner in which they had transformed themselves into the likeness of Mexicans....

http://www.montana.edu/images/newspics/fiestapals.jpg

So, it can work.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:47 pm
dora17 wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Why is everyone an overly sensitive bitch now when it comes to that stuff?

SLAPPY! "bitch" is not politically correct! How can you ever make up for this boorish insensitivity you've shown! I shall have to get all the women of A2K together whom you've insulted, and we'll all devise a suitable punishment...

Oops, didn't mean to offend any broads.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:52 pm
Slappy, did you just add that last bit to your signature? I love it.

Oh, yeah, by the way, women these days prefer "dame" to "broad." Who are you, Mickey Spillane?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:53 pm
Hey Gus, I want to see those guys take a little walk around East LA. Maybe have a margarita with the locals. It would be interesting to see how well they would blend in.

Slappy, No offense taken by this broad.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:56 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Hey Gus, I want to see those guys take a little walk around East LA. Maybe have a margarita with the locals. It would be interesting to see how well they would blend in

That would indeed be interesting.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:59 pm
Dora, I added that a couple weeks ago, or so.

Speaking of politically correct and me not being so. I read an article today about a black guy suing a car dealership, claiming they marked his interest rate extra high because he's black. The name of the dealership? "Koons." This had me cracking up.

I was going to post the article in a new thread, but then I remembered this was peaceandlovehugatree.com, and didn't want people throwing granola bars at me.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:25 am
pc is bs
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:00 am
You could go as a black widow spider or a lion fish or a rattlesnake or some other deadly animal.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:03 am
This year don't take ant chances. Where a tag that says I am not a spook !
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:18 am
If you are truly dressing to kill, you and boyfriend should go as Itchy and Scratchy from the Simpsons.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:07 pm
... or you could go as that
airborne pasta creature thingy

http://www.kahsoon.com/images/Flying-Spaghetti-Monster-Game.gif
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:45 pm
Gads! Region, the FSM isn't a killer! He loves us all! RAmen.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:47 pm
I love all the suggestions. You guys are great!

Itchy and Scratchy would be hilarious, I'm going to give that one some consideration...Boomerang, I love the animal idea, there are a ton of possibilites there...I'm still thinking over options, and more suggestions are much appreciated... Smile
0 Replies

plglaserna

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 01:13 am
@dora17,
@dora17: Just curious, what was the final costume that you came up with? If we had that theme, I would probably just exaggerate the meaning of the term "dressed to kill" and come in an extraordinarily sparkling long gown with a lot of bling (fake ones, of course!). Or I could just go as "Nikita". She is always dressed to kill--and she is an assassin!
0 Replies