Halloween theme party--"Dressed to kill" Costume Ideas?

dora17

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:12 pm
Help me, friends! I'm so unimaginative. Anyone got any good thoughts? I don't want anything that would require me to look too stupid, or anything that would be bulky, 'cause it'll be a very crowded party and I don't want to be the person with the giant antlers that keep putting people's eyes out or anything. I'd kind of like something a bit on the classy side....But feel free to ignore my guidelines, if any of you jokesters just want to chime in with nonsense...you know who you are...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 9,197 • Replies: 33
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:33 pm
Molly Hatchet?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:36 pm
Why don't you go as sweet potato
queenhttp://www.sweetpotatoqueens.com/spq/img/tall_jill2.gif
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:36 pm
'Dressed to Kill', hmm? There are so many choices. You could just put on a sexy red dress and tell people you're the Lady in Red, the gun-moll who betrayed Johnny Dillinger to the Feds, causing him to be shot dead in front of the Biograph Theater in Chicago. Or put on an 1880s Wild West outfit with 10-gallon hat, a pair of sixguns and a fringed vest and identify yourself as Belle Starr, the female stage coach robber. Wear a nurse's uniform and say you gave lethal injections to 357 people and got away with it.

The possibilities are nearly endless.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 04:38 pm
pffzzz, couldn't edit anymore Rolling Eyes

http://www.sweetpotatoqueens.com/spq/img/tall_jill2.gif
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 06:39 pm
Lucricia Borgia

Lizzy Borden

Bonnie (with or without Clyde)

Queen Mary (aka Bloody Mary), Henry the 8th daughter
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 06:50 pm
Here's my suggestion. Put on your costume (which I am about to disclose) and go to the party. Wait by the door, very quietly, and when the noise level goes down, scream at the top of your lungs "Ándale! Ándale! Arriba! Arriba!!!!"

Everyone will look towards the door. "Who is screaming in Spanish"? they will exclaim. You will still be hidden from sight and stifling your giggles as the crowd continues to murmur about the mysterious spanish screams.

At that point..... throw your hands into the air and walk into the room....

http://www.toonopedia.com/speedyg.jpg

That's right, dora, you are that crazy, lightning-fast Mexican mouse who we all know and love as Speedy Gonzalez.

The crowd will all laugh and shout and clap their hands in glee. The party will be complete and the consensus in the room is that dora, in her Speedy Gonzales costume, has turned a lifeless, rather bland party, into the social event of the year.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 06:55 pm
I've heard the Speedy Gonzalez is no longer considered politically correct.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:09 pm
Why did you have to drag that wet towel into the thread, Green Witch? We were having fun here.

That is so unlike you.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:15 pm
Manuel Labor isnt either
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:16 pm
Sorry, I just didn't want Dora17 to be pelted with corn chips for making a social faux pas.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:18 pm
I think I want to visit Mexico, and play some Juan on Juan basketball.

Go as a psycho clown. Red contacts, blood coming from your mouth, ect. I wanted to do that last year but couldn't find a costume I liked.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:18 pm
Let us delve into this matter deeper, Green Witch. At what point in time did Speedy Gonzalez enter the dreaded zone of political incorrectness?

I might have been sleeping that day and missed the whole thing.

Please enlighten me.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:23 pm
What comes to mind first was an article in the New York Times a few years back about a daycare center that had painted cartoon characters on the walls of a playroom. One of the characters was Speedy. A number of Hispanic parents complained that he was offensive because he stereotyped Mexicans. They painted over it - I don't remember what new character was chosen. Go figure - I always liked the little rodent myself.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:31 pm
Why is everyone an overly sensitive bitch now when it comes to that stuff?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:31 pm
That is a tragic story.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:35 pm
Wow, cool, people have responded...

Let's see...
1. Yes, gus, Speedy is no longer pc. Which, to me, is the very best reason to go with that costume. Hmm...But wouldn't that be "Dressed for Cartoon Violence/ Comic Mayhem," rather than "To Kill"?

2. Bonnie and Clyde is cool, cause my boyfriend's going too. i also like the idea of Queen Mary, though-- a queen and bloody! Two of my favorite things! Green witch has neat ideas...Smile What are you gonna be for Halloween if anything, Witchy dear?

3. CJ, the sweet potato queen thing...what the heck are they? I looked at the website, but it specifically says if you haven't read the book you aren't allowed to go around pretending to get it, so I guess that's out! I'm afraid I'd be more persecuted for impersonation of a sweet potato queen than I would be for the non-pc Speedy costume....

Keep em comin people, we've got to make me outstandingly cool, because everyone is hassling me for being boring.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:35 pm
I remember thinking - Hey, it's not like he's the Frito Bandito. The world can be a very bland place.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:37 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Why is everyone an overly sensitive bitch now when it comes to that stuff?

SLAPPY! "bitch" is not politically correct! How can you ever make up for this boorish insensitivity you've shown! I shall have to get all the women of A2K together whom you've insulted, and we'll all devise a suitable punishment...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:43 pm
My Halloween days are over - one to many marches in the West Village parade and I'm burnt out. I do enjoy seeing what others do.

If you go as Queen Mary, your boyfriend can go as Henry VIII -he did kill 3 of his wives and started a few bloody wars with the French, not to mention all the people he killed just for disagreeing with him.
0 Replies