Columbus Day

squinney

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:40 am
I'm confused. I have to work today, but I'm not sure if I should wear red, white and blue, or red, white and green. Are we celebrating Columbus? Or, Columbus discovering America? Or, should I go with my traditional American Indian dress in protest?

Quick! I need help! This is critical.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:42 am
As long as you are wearing moccasins and carrying wampum you can't go wrong.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 01:10 pm
My father-in-law just sent me this:

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ft/2005/ft051010.gif

:-D

(For those who don't know, I live in Columbus...)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 01:40 pm
Go on over to Germantown, Soz, and have a brewski for me at one of those micro-brewery joints. Do not stop at the cocktail lounge at the Great Southern Hotel. I think I still owe something on a tab I ran up there back in '91 or '92.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 05:07 pm
Welp, I'm gonna stand up for ol' Columbus! Somebody has to! After all..today is his day!! So here I go...Ahem...

Ok, maybe Columbus was a mean bastid. But what do you expect, people? It was tough being an explorer back in those days. That was no nice, cushy job! How'd you like to steer an old rickety clipper ship all the way across the Atlantic? That's enough to make anybody grouchy!!!!

There were pirates out there on the raging seas back then. They could come along at any time, take over your ship, take everything you owned, and kick your butt off your own ship! You had to be a mean bastid if you wanted to make it out of the harbor!! There was no "flying first class" back then!!!

Now, I don't know what he did in Haiti....but they had a rule back then. If you discovered a country, you got to do whatever you wanted!!! SO THERE!

But I guess you want Columbus to just sit on his ship and be Mr. Nicey Nice. I guess you want him to get up in the morning, peer into his "looking glass" and say, "I'ma gonna discover a newa country today!! because:

I'ma good enough
I'ma smart enough
and gosha darn it, people likea me!"

Well, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, PEOPLE......Phew!!!

Now, can I have a sausage and green pepper sammy?

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dcalwhit/pics/cats/partycat.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:03 am
Wow...I had an awful day off. But it would have been worse had I been at work since I was feeling like shyte.

I am glad to be back with you fine people. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Columbus Day
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:39:05