Columbus Day

jespah

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:16 am
Drinking on Election Day? Well, maybe it'll help.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:35 am
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, famous for his hostility to the rights of gay people, is the grand marshal of New York City's Columbus Day Parade on Monday, October 11 and a coalition of LGBT groups will protest against him along the route on Fifth Avenue and 59th Street at noon
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:37 am
The (Santa Fe, New Mexcio) senior center will not run transportation or deliver meals on Columbus Day.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:39 am
The Society of Recovering Sorority Girls, through its founders Kristina "Morgan" Rose and Deandra "Brooksie" Brooks, urge Americans to finalize their Columbus Day Party plans. The Columbus Day Party, or how to turn any old day into an excuse to party, is one of the signature events in Rose and Brooks' The Recovering Sorority Girls' Guide to a Year's Worth of Perfect Parties (Andrews McMeel, 2005).
"Why Columbus Day? Why not!" Rose exclaimed.
"Don't you want to become a legend within your social circle?" Brooks asked.
As outlined in their book, a traditional Columbus Day party combines a wide variety of decorations, food that can be delivered, and a specific dress code. Columbus Day party enthusiasts are also encouraged to partake of traditional Columbus Day games which may include Trivial Pursuit, Cranium, Pictionary, Twister, and Charades. However, under no circumstances should Jenga be played.

"Jenga is not a traditional Columbus Day game,"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:42 am
and in Pittsburgh we find:
Organizers of the annual Columbus Day Parade may be marching to the prosecutor's office this year instead of through Bloomfield's streets.
That's because the parade committee cannot find thousands of dollars donated by local Italians to fund the annual march.

"It could be $5,000, it could be $30,000, we just don't know at this point," said Guy Costa, chairman of the parade committee. "I'm gathering bank statements and paperwork, and we're planning an audit of the books to find out what happened."
That means there will be no parade for the first time since 1984.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:45 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 7 (Bernama) -- The US Embassy here will be closed on Monday to observe the American holiday "Columbus Day".
This holiday commemorates the Italian navigator Christopher Columbus who first landed in the "New World" in 1492, according to a statement issued by the embassy.
It said all services, including visa services, US passport and notary services, would resume the next day.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 02:17 pm
Geez, you're a font of information today, aint'cha, Dys? I've got nothing to add to those tidbits except the personal note that I plan to sleep in tomorrow. Please, no phone calls before 10 a.m.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 02:20 pm
number please?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:18 pm
Let's get drunk, Dig up Columbus, Steal a boat and sale him back were he came from.

Bonus trivia question. Where is Columbus burried?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, famous for his hostility to the rights of gay people, is the grand marshal of New York City's Columbus Day Parade on Monday, October 11 and a coalition of LGBT groups will protest against him along the route on Fifth Avenue and 59th Street at noon

They're such fun groups...they protest at every damned parade, the 5th ave and 59th Street deal probably puts them in better proximity to St.Patrick's so they can hiss at Cardinal Egan too.

Oh yeah they make me real proud to be gay. No they don't. Have a problem with Scalia take it directly to Scalia instead of insulting all Italians and Italian-Americans with reverse bigotry.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 05:09 pm
Amigo wrote:

Bonus trivia question. Where is Columbus burried?

In Spain, as far as I know.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 05:09 pm
I was going to guess Ohio
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 05:41 pm
You could be right, Dys. Toledo?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 06:11 pm
Yeah Toledo where they make the swords.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:34 am
Grab the beer and a shovel. Toledo, Ohio here we come.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 01:27 am
Go to 'The Columbus Navigation Homepage' and look at the history of Columbus's burial. That poor son of a bitch traveled more dead then he did alive. Or did he?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 05:13 am
What does it matter? He's dead ain't he? Truth of the matter is it's the worms and after life critters which are doing the traveling...Columbus himself (his soul) has left the body.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 05:16 am
I do, but my boyfriend does not.

http://www.horrorseek.com/horror/realm/rotlart2.jpg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:32 am
I technically have to work, but I work from home, and Monday is "stay in office" day.

My customers I'll be calling on have an extremely busy day, so calling them will suck anyway.

We'll see what happens.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:35 am
AngeliqueEast wrote:
I do have a holiday today, but my boyfriend does not.

The post was not clear, sorry.

http://www.horrorseek.com/horror/realm/rotlart2.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Columbus Day
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 11:29:38