On a scale of 1 to 10, how's your life?

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:04 pm
I see no reason to start rating my life...that might make me feel miserable...or unbelievably happy. I would rather rest in the unknown bliss I currently have.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:29 pm
"Unknown bless" is not good; you're gambling that things will remain the same without any effort by you.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:33 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
"Unknown bless" is not good; you're gambling that things will remain the same without any effort by you.
Ah, but you see I have unknown bliss which is safer and better than unknown bless.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:37 pm
Sturgis wrote:
I see no reason to start rating my life...that might make me feel miserable...or unbelievably happy. I would rather rest in the unknown bliss I currently have.

That's the nice thing about free will. You can do what you want.

You must have been slightly curious what others have written though. Otherwise you wouldn't have shown up here. :wink:
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:39 pm
But what if I'm not really here? Wouldn't that be a choice as well?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:43 pm
Sturgis wrote:
But what if I'm not really here? Wouldn't that be a choice as well?

Oooh, this is starting to sound very "Twilight Zoneish".

That certainly would be a choice. One that I'm sure many are excercising now.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:34 pm
Family: I have two cousins. No one else. One I never see or hear from. The other is ok.
Rating: 1

Work: I hate my work. It bores me silly.
Rating: 1

Friends/Social Life: I don't have a social life. But I have wonderful friends. Truly wonderful people.
Rating: 6

Residence: I live in my favorite city, in a wonderful neighborhood. I have a nice apartment, and I don't pay too much rent (I've been here a long time, so I'm not getting gouged the way most of my neighbors are).
Rating: 7 (I'd have given this a higher rating, but everything in my apartment is old and worn.)

Health: Permanent breathing problems and recent horrible illness--not yet fully recovered.
Rating: 2 (I'd rate this lower, but I'm still alive)

Money: A disaster.
Rating: 0

Total rating: 2.8. I'm surprised it's that high.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:18 pm
Interesting formula, Kicky....

FAMILY:
I moved away from my close-knit family for a decade after college and returned 6 years ago. I really like my family regardless of the petty squabbles and issues we might have. One draw-back, I suppose, that I could foist on family would be certain genetic health issues.....
Overall ranking: 9

FRIENDS/SOCIAL LIFE:
I have almost zero social life aside from a2k. I work with kids, family kids no less. All of my friends (I really only have a few locally) are very busy, so as much as I'd like to hang with them, there aren't a lot of options to do so.
Overall ranking: 6

JOB:
I love my neice and nephew (see family above), but they totally exhaust me. Luckily, I believe in what I'm doing. It will be ending soon, and I need to figure out what to do next. I should be in grad school by now earning my masters in education.

PLACE TO LIVE:
I live with housemates, who I like, in an apartment/location which I like, I get to garden here, have gotten to know some good neighbors, but I'll have to move in .5 -1.5 years - not making me happy.
Overall ranking: 8

MONEY:
No retirement, not savings, $5k in debt.]
Overall ranking: 1

HEALTH:
Good-great over-all health with decent prospects in older age if I start excersizing more.
Overall ranking: 9

So, I get a 7 out of life (even with the edit it rounds up to 7).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:36 pm
bookmarking for later
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:45 pm
husker wrote:
bookmarking for later

Ah, c'mon, Husk, be spontaneous..... Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:02 pm
FAMILY:
not much to say, fairly dysfunctional, but we get along well enough

FRIENDS/SOCIAL LIFE:
no real friends or social life to speak of, i'm an observer not really a participant
Overall ranking: 5

JOB:
it's all right but it consumes altogether too much time
Overall ranking: 5

PLACE TO LIVE:
ended up back home a few years back, it's not the worst of situations

MONEY:
i get it, i spend it, it all works out quite well

HEALTH:
don't ask don't tell, and just ignore those aches and pains
Overall ranking:8

interestingly enough my total is 6.66, my lucky number
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:54 pm
I cant complain about anything realy...
9.9 overall 0.1 being in having more money would be nice!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:06 pm
FAMILY:

I have a pretty tight knit family. I don't have any in-law problems (except for those annoying holiday dinners) LOL. My brother-in-law was recently diagnosed with cancer so everyone is pulling for him and hoping for the best. I get along well with my dad and my son (aside from the annoying little stuff).
Overall ranking: 7

FRIENDS/SOCIAL LIFE:

I have a network of very good friends I met through a local message board here in Baltimore. I have 2 very close personal friends that I've had for over 20 years. My social life is pretty good.

JOB:

I'm in between jobs right now but I have a second interview at Target today and it went very well. I will know for certain if I got the job by this coming Wednesday. As a backup, I've got a job as a Security Guard in the wings. So, job wise, I've got good potential for a bright future.

Overall ranking: 4

PLACE TO LIVE:

I love where I live. I love my house, my neighborhood and my community. I've lived in this area my entire life and I can't imagine living anywhere else but here. Someday when I retire, I would like to live near the Chesapeake Bay in a big beautiful house.

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:28 pm
You did just fine with an 8 there!

Very nice photo, too!
http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/1786961045434b1f08222f4.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:00 am
nimh wrote:
Hhhhmmmm I see a strong correlation between posting here and having a crappy social life ... no surprise there.

)

Laughing

Is that sad?
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 11:18 pm
FAMILY:
Wonderful dad and we meet often. Married to a loving man but have had a difficult time with my husband but things seems to have gotten under control now - with the counselling. My dad and my husband - the ones who matter most to me- get along very well with each other, which is another plus. Wonderful in-laws but slightly difficult relationship with my mum...so i cant give 10 not even 9.

FRIENDS/SOCIAL LIFE:
Wonderful friends . Quite a large circle of friends i have.

JOB:
Good, no complaints. New job so i'm not familiar with everyone yet

PLACE TO LIVE:
We moved into a new flat soon after our wedding. I love it - it's home.
Overall ranking: 7

MONEY:
i have enough and i can easily save but i dont.

HEALTH:
I seem to be having problems, but i dont know if it's serious/
Overall ranking:5

Oh the avg is 8!! Dint know my life was so good
0 Replies

hwa557

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 11:53 pm
I'd rate my life.. 7 out of 10. EVen though all's good with me, life isn't perfect; hence, the score.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 06:23:10