On a scale of 1 to 10, how's your life?

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:16 pm
kickycan wrote:
Awww, thanks Bella. You're a sweetheart.

Okay, I guess Soz has added MONEY and HEALTH. I was thinking money would fall under the heading of JOB. But yeah, health might be a good new category to add also.

Angelique, are you avoiding marriage perchance because you are waiting for some incredibly charismatic and mysterious smoking cowboy to sweep you off your feet? Hehehe...

LOL I just don't want to get married. We have lived together for six years, five, and one more engaged. LOL maybe. Listen to my few problems, and maybe you will feel better. :wink:
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:19 pm
You know Kicky, a smoking cowboy will never do. A non smoking one might. Laughing I'm a non smoker.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Re: On a scale of 1 to 10, how's your life?
FAMILY:
I live near the ones I love and far from the ones I don't. I married to a good, hardworking man who knows when to give me my space and doesn't tell me what color to paint the walls
Overall ranking: 8

FRIENDS/SOCIAL LIFE:
Wish I lived closer to some of my old buddies, but overall I really like the people I know and now call my friends.
Overall ranking: 7

JOB:
Love it. My own business, on my own time and I only work 6-7 months out of the year . What keeps it from being perfect? - I would like to bring in more money to do things like restore my barns and travel.
Overall ranking: 8

PLACE TO LIVE:
I have what I always dreamed of having - a little farm in a beautiful place with no mortgage. I deserve to be struck by lightening if I whine.
Overall ranking:10

HEALTH:
This could go either way. I'm in good health now, but I don't have health insurance, so this could go from a current 9 to a fast 1 if something happens.
0 Replies

sozobe

Kicky, what category would "start flirting with the ones who AREN'T already taken!!!" go under?

Would bring your average up 2-3 points like that <snaps>.

I see money and job as separate, though maybe you're right. For example, if my husband was making a lot more than he currently is, money wouldn't be a concern even though I don't have a job to speak of. (Editing, yes, but it's chump change.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:23 pm
...or, if we say that being a stay-at-home mom is my job (and it is, I guess), I could adore that job (10) while making no money off of it (1).
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:23 pm
Not today Kicky. Besides, I'm looking for a man like my father, and they don't make them like that anymore. His only bad habbits were smoking, and coffee.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:25 pm
sozobe wrote:
Kicky, what category would "start flirting with the ones who AREN'T already taken!!!" go under?

Soz, I have to practice, don't I?

Hey, Greenwitch, you seem to have a nice life! Lucky you!

So, Angelique, I quit smoking over six months ago. Now how about a nice ride on my horsie...
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:27 pm
My father used to own horses. I love them.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:28 pm
sozobe wrote:
...or, if we say that being a stay-at-home mom is my job (and it is, I guess), I could adore that job (10) while making no money off of it (1).

Okay, I can see that. Alright, then, it is decreed that the following items should now be included in the life ranking.

Family

Friends/Social Life

Job

Place to Live

Money

Health

Of course, this might make the math a little bit too hard for people like Bella to handle, but I'll help these remedial types out if they get confused.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:28 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
My father used to own horses. I love them.

Ooh, baby...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:52 pm
Kicky , 15 years ago I did exactly what you have done - walked out a high paying job, left Manhattan, moved in with my parents, started working in a greenhouse for $7 an hour and kept thinking "what am I going to be when I grow up?" I was also single again after a horrible breakup with a fiancee. I now understand that I had to go back to my roots in order to start over again. I didn't regret my former life, it was just time to do something completely different and I need a jumping off place. I don't care what Thomas Wolff says, you can go home again. Look at this as a rebirth - you are going back to give yourself a new begining which will lead to a new life. It's a great opportunity to make your dreams come true.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:54 pm
kickycan wrote:

Of course, this might make the math a little bit too hard for people like Bella to handle, but I'll help these remedial types out if they get confused.

Shocked

Well well well......now I'll just have to take back all the nice things I said about you.

And burn my shrine to you.

And sell my "Things Kickycan Touched" collection on ebay.

And change the name of my estate from "Kickyland" to something else.

And write a bunch of "warning cards" to send to all Kicky's future girlfriends.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-022.gif
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:59 pm
Bella, would it make things better if I apologized in that "special way" that you like so much?

<doing tongue stretching exercises>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:00 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Kicky , 15 years ago I did exactly what you have done - walked out a high paying job, left Manhattan, moved in with my parents, started working in a greenhouse for $7 an hour and kept thinking "what am I going to be when I grow up?" I was also single again after a horrible breakup with a fiancee. I now understand that I had to go back to my roots in order to start over again. I didn't regret my former life, it was just time to do something completely different and I need a jumping off place. I don't care what Thomas Wolff says, you can go home again. Look at this as a rebirth - you are going back to give yourself a new begining which will lead to a new life. It's a great opportunity to make your dreams come true.

Thanks for that.

I hope to god you're right, because right now everything in my world is a complete f*cking mess.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:06 pm
kickycan wrote:
Bella, would it make things better if I apologized in that "special way" that you like so much?

<doing tongue stretching exercises>

maybe......show me what you got.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:26 pm
http://home.actlab.utexas.edu/~nick/tongue%20long.png
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:30 pm
You've got my attention....
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:33 pm
Kicky...next time we're having a drink together...ask me about your moves!

In any case...on your scale...my life is probably a 14 or 15.

LIFE IS GREAT!

Enjoy it.

We've got a bunch of people coming into town next week...and the week after. You gotta figure some way to stick around 'til then and meet 'em.

See if you can get Angelique to join us. She sounds like she'd be a good addition.

I'm hoping for some time on the Frying Pan next Thursday. You better be there.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:34 pm
And see if you can get Green Witch to come also. Another fun sounding woman.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:39 pm
Quote:
You've got my attention...

Bella, if you think that's something, maybe I should introduce you to my cousin. He's a hideous-looking beast, but just look at what he's got...

http://cellar.org/pictures/giraffetongue.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 08:20:52