Cool
0 Replies

blue1

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 04:11 pm
thank you
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 04:39 pm
Let's hope the Necronomicon doesn't really exist. It would be slightly dangerous to have around.

Another famous book of dark magic you frequently hear about is the Malleus Maleficarum, which IS a real book written in 1486. It is a treatise on witchcraft written by Christians to support the efforts of the "Inquisition":
http://www.malleusmaleficarum.org/mmtoc.html

The following site, which also alleges that the Necronomicon is not real, lists some other similar books, both real and fictional (?) mentioned in Lovecraft's writings: http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/tomes.htm

True Sorcerers/Conjurers/Witches books are said to be hand-copied and closely guarded. It would be nearly impossible to obtain one without entering a black cult and copying one of your own.
Equus

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 04:40 pm
PS: WWCD? (What would Cthulhu do??)
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:02 pm
I had no trouble finding several different books claiming to be the Necronomican at Amazon.

PS: Presidential Election 2008...

CTHULHU FOR PRESIDENT
(Why vote for the lesser evil?)
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:13 pm
Mills75 wrote:
I had no trouble finding several different books claiming to be the Necronomican at Amazon.

PS: Presidential Election 2008...

CTHULHU FOR PRESIDENT
(Why vote for the lesser evil?)

That needs to be a bumper sticker...seriously.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 01:21 pm
If you're taking orders for bumper stickers, here's mine....

Ozymandias for President.

How soon can I pick that up?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 04:39 pm
Of course, if the Necronomicon really did exist, its existence would be jealously protected; therefore they'd WANT the public to think it didn't exist. So therefore the very fact that it doesn't exist means it might exist....QED
Nyah hah hah
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 04:57 pm
The one written by the Mad Arab in the eighth century?
Amazon has over a hundred.
0 Replies

cthuludawn

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:19 pm
I have a copy of the Necronomicon, I have heard some things that it really does exist, however there are supposedly only 5 in the world. The copy that I have claims to be exactly written as the sumerians and akkadians wrote it back in the day. The book does come with a warning however. I read the book, and couldn't sleep for 3 days. So I don't know if U can actually BUY the REAL Necronomicon, but the one that is sold comes dangerously close so it says... Twisted Evil hope this helps sorry if it doesn't. I would like one too, so if u find out anything let me know 2!
0 Replies

cthuludawn

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:24 pm
http://homepages.pavilion.co.uk/glyng/necronomicon.html Twisted Evil Here's a website I found that quotes the exact book I have word for word...read it carefully! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

megalomax

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 04:50 am
Equus wrote:
Of course, if the Necronomicon really did exist, its existence would be jealously protected; therefore they'd WANT the public to think it didn't exist. So therefore the very fact that it doesn't exist means it might exist....QED
Nyah hah hah

positive disinformation lolz, anyways I think the book by lovecraft isn't that hundred percent true but some of the names have been springing from legends and stuff...

I wish it is real though ahehe
0 Replies

cthuludawn

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 08:39 am
Necronomicon to believe in it or not THAT is the question
who's 2 say that it is or isn't real? It is entirely up to the person. I have the book, and I have read it cover to cover many times, and some strange things popped into my head. Twisted Evil So, personally it is one of my favorites, and if you want to believe in it then do, but if you don't then that's cool, too but those of us who do, we will not criticize those who don't. We are entitled to our opinions. You know what they say about opinions...and everyone has one! Smile Twisted Evil
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 10:52 am
The Book of Life exists; the Bible tells me so!
0 Replies

Ominas O

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 05:20 pm
Hello,

By no means is it my stance to contest lovecraft or his fans, but there is a rather extensive collection of manuscripts often refered to as "The Azif." I have seen portions of it writen in an odd form of Yemeni Arabic along side South Arabian(sabaean) glyphs and various crude drawings.

I have seen many listing for an Alhazred, which is simply a misnomer. For those who doubt the aurthor's name, its no wonder. Al-Haserat was a title the writer bore. Anyone can verify such. In Yemeni Arabic it means one who studies insects just as Azif refers to the sounds insects make. NTC's Yemeni Arabic-Englich dictionary will confirm it for any that need such.

I assume some mixed this up with the aurthor's lack of a name. The manuscript shows as written "by the Arab who studied insects. I have yet to see a formal family title, which is very rare with Arab works. In it he often refers to man as an insect and insignificant. There are many gnostic-like passages as well. The portions I've seen are truly unique and difficult to explain or describe.

I will be traveling to Tibet in October to retrieve a supposed translated portion of the manuscript for my Employer. He and His group are actually translating various incomplete manuscripts which they claim are portions of the Azif. To date, what I've seen is well over one thousand pages in length. One portion of which was written in what appeared to be Old German and contained a few etchings similar to Albrect Durer's work.

I have seen a few Latin and greek manuscripts come through as well. All of them are incomplete, but he intends to do a, please pardon the description, patchwork translation with parallel text and copies of the various notations others have left on the manuscripts as well as portions he feels are dated outside the scope of a work written in the time of the Arab.

I have seen a paperback by someone named Simon. I can assure you that it is not the same as the manuscripts I have viewed or their translations. His work is not within the scope of the Arab's manuscript considering what I have seen to date. The Azif is a dense and frustrating work, probably the most curious I've come across. The german manuscript does remind me of certain Arabic occult works in many ways, especially its constant reference to the stars and their movements as well as what appear to be alchemical diagrams.

Given the rate of translation, varied difficulties with textual meaning and the obsession of my employer, I would expect an English translation to appear within the next 3 to 5 years. I am certain it will be made available to various interested organizations, but at quite a sum. Should I be allowed to say more or have time to give further information, I will. I have been researching the necronomicon online only as a matter of personal curiousity, which was fostered by my employer's work. I cannot say for certain the work He is doing is what you are looking for, but I have noticed a lot of sites linking the Azif with the necronomicon.

If you are interested, I will speak with my employer and see what I may divulge to you including contact information and publication date. I appologize, but I feel I shouldn't say more.

Best wishes.
katkiller

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 08:21 am
I am so interested on having that translation, i'm a follower of the necronomicon book, i've never practized any of the ritual, since i don't know exactly how it works, i've the Simon fifth book of Necronomicon about spells but not sure if is a real one or not, here is my msn, [email protected]
0 Replies

Kutulu

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 04:51 pm
@Equus,
actually, necronomicon IS a real book, i own the translated edition, which is NOT by lovecraft, the original necronomicon is in Berkley California. It shows how to perform the 7 keys of solomon, which is how you open the 7 gates and 9 planes of hell, but beware, if you haven't gone insane while trying to do so, and have gone into hell from the 7th, you may have just summoned the ancient ones, including cthulhu. e-mail me, [email protected].
0 Replies

DoNotSearchForIt

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:14 am
The Necronomicon, or Al Azif, is in fact real text. This is not something you would find on your common bookstore's shelf, or in the hands of any fool who just happen to have a copy lying around, gathering dust in a forgotten corner. It's not a piece of text to be meddling with either, no matter who you are, unless you have a specific purpose. Besides, the original text was destroyed and you'll have no luck finding it. There are only a few translated texts remaining, and all are under lock and key behind the doors of libraries in a few different countries, doors you most likely won't be walking through anytime soon (unless you're deathly serious about examining them). These texts are not safe, I advise you to give up your search immediately, as it seems you have no real intentions with it.
0 Replies

lok11987

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 07:40 am
to be entirely honest at the moment the closest thing i can find is the necronomicon simon. i hope this will help
0 Replies

lok11987

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 07:47 am
@Ominas O,
thank you for that info its cleared up quite a bit . thank you again. i lookforward to the day they release an english version.
0 Replies