Me too, sign me up!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:17 pm
Re: Honda Designs Dog Friendly Automobile
doglover wrote:
I think this is really neat!!!

A special crate for dogs in the glove apartment
allows owners to interact with their pets while driving. A bigger crate pops up from the floor in the back seat area and can be folded back into the floor when it's not needed. For even bigger dogs, just buckle them up with a special seat belt to the floor.

In the glove compartment!? You people don't deserve a pet hampster.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:21 pm
I wondered about that. And then I thought about the mini-dachshunds that were at dog camp with this. One of them would probably fit in a crate under the glove compartment.

Frank and Beans, the weiner dogs. Is it any wonder that we all loved those dogs and their owners.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:25 pm
http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/10/05/PH2005100500270.jpg

well, whaddya know - a dachshund and a corgi

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/05/AR2005100500267.html
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:29 pm
By gum, it is a cleaner, tidier, version of my Pacco in my car.

I have him in a crate, slightly lassoed crate, lest it fly about.
The problem is the crate is too tall, and it obscures my surround vision re the wide expanse of windows I in particular, for my in particular eyes, love the volvo station wagon for. Yes, I check the mirrors, but I also am always looking around. Basically, people are nuts here and dart behind backing up cars all the time.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:30 pm
only way to keep bailey and cleo happy will be to let them drive the car. particularly bailey will occupy the driver's seat in any car - given half a chance. hbg
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:41 pm
What are they going to do with those Irish setters, their heads stuck out the window, ears flapping in the wind and a goofy grin on their face?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:53 pm
I'm an old irish setter person, and hope one of these days to post a bunch of my irish setter photos, when I resettle and start up my scanner, but the best ones are in my mind.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:56 pm
Those Irish Setters with damage to their eyes from foreign objects hitting them at high speed? Vets don't really like people who let their dogs hang out car windows. Unless they're vets who like money more than dogs.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:56 pm
Irish setters think that life is a yellow convertible with the top down.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 08:51 pm
I don't have a dog in this fight as Kelly didn't get in our car but rarely.

He just ran like the wind down the street and down the beach for miles, no kidding.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:28 am
Thanks for posting that pic of the car, beth.

I would love to have a car like that. Our dog, Sissy, loves to ride in the car. Two weeks ago, we went on a 9/11 rememberance ride and we saw the neatest Jack Russell Terrier riding on a harley with his 'dad'. That dog was so cool. He was wearing a helmet and goggles!! Heck, he even had attitude. I'm gonna make him my avatar soon as I get a chance.
0 Replies