HEY!! Can we have all Indians here?

brahmin

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 04:17 am
Re: No....
vinsan wrote:
I do respect spidergal's views.... I respect Gandhi ... And to tell you Brahmin .... the equation of India and Peace is raised to the power of N due to Gandhi

india hardly needs halfwits like gandhi who caused the death of millions of indians by fighting on BEHALF of the poms and by prolonging brit rule on india - to prove to the world that we have been throughout history one of the most peaceful nations on earth.

Quote:

.... If he wasn't there we wouldn't have had a quite peaceful India we live in now.

we would too. many times more. and we would have had our independence 10-12 years b4 we did and would not have that other spineless joker for our first prime minister.

Quote:

He was the ONLY LIVING LEGEND after the mythical ASHOKA and BUDDHA who re-proved the world that INDIA always believed in WORLD PEACE and had been true to its stand forever.

you have been brainwashed beyond repair by the nehruvian marxist education system. (like spider gal wrote, people being asked to write essays in praise of a naked fakir etc)

you also know jackshit about history !!!

0- gandhi was a living legend only in the minds of marxist indian historians. most of the world considered him a worthless naked fakir. and that included Clement Atlee who admitted to R C Majumdar (india's greatest historian, by lightyears) that gandhi's effect on the raj was minimal.
1- ashoka was not mythical. he was real as you and me.
2- buddha, along with ramayan is one of 2 major reasons we didnt have it in us to fight the marauding muslims.

read chinese proverbs -
"its a wise man who doesntr get angry.
its a fooling man who CANNOT get angry".

even in mahabrarat when arjun was hesitant to go into a fight fearing it would cause carnage, krishna explained to him, how there are times when you need to get angry and fight.

buddhism is great in a world where there are no muslim barbarian turks.
but in a country that is probably the most attacked country in the history of the world - buddhism is a sure step closer to suicide.
its a miracle that india survived despite 700 years of islamic onslaught.

Quote:

Making of Pakistan wasn't a mistake but a wiser step.

getting rid of a solid chunk of our oppressors (muslims) was good indeed, but it came at a terrible price of 1/3rd our terrority and some of the most fertile land in the world (bangladesh, as per u.n.d.p. reports is THE most fertile in the solar system).

anyway, gandhi had no hand to play in this "wiser step" you speak of. both he and jinnah were pawns in british hands - who wanted to create an "ally" in this part of the world for future use. if you have been reading recent news, you could not have missed this one.

Quote:

I understand the sorrows of the immigrants from Sindh

you understand precious little.
the real victims of partition were bengalees and punjabis.

Quote:

or Nationalists who say India is partitioned due to Gandhi

and you who is not sad that the piece of land thats historically been india's and the river from which we get our name is no longer in india - are not a nationalist i assume.???

well you know what, its better to be a nationalist than to be like you who revel at the fact that india was carved up by 2 outside parties (poms and muslims).
and yes, jinnah had gandhi's support. sardar patel or netaji would not have let india be partitioned.

Quote:

but it would had been even worse if Pakistan would ever stayed as a part of India....

who's asking pakiSTANIS to stay eh??
pakistan and bangladesh had alwatys been a part of india, not pakis and bangladeshis - they can go back to central asia or whereever the hell they came from. no one wants them back!!
what we want back is whats always been and is rightfully ours - the land.

Quote:

entire India would had been a Kashmir then.

for some years maybe. then they'd be foirced to shape up or ship out.

you need to break a few eggs to make omlettes.
Quote:

And to tell you more .... I am a a part of the community who is termed as "Gandhi Killer"

shame on you !!!

if you indeed belong to that community, then you belong to one of the 3 most erudite communities of india - the tam-brams of south india, the bengalis and the community that produced nathuram godse - and also produced stalwarts like tilak, gokhle, sarvarkar, agarkar, et all.

if you are not proud to belong to that community, then shame on you.

Quote:

(as the descendents of Nathuram Godse and his community) but still a firm believer of Gandhism.

you mean you are a gutless marathi ??

i never thought such a type existed. you dont deserve to be a marathi even !!
they gave us shivaji and tilak, tendulkar and sarvarkar - and you believe in gandhism (aka spineless gutless balls-less submission to one's oppressor and steadfastly holding on to foolhardy ahimsa whilst sending one's own countrymen to die in europe !! an inbread freak is what gandhi was - to have come up with such moronic ideas.)

Quote:

Nathuram godse was a Psycho with foolish ethics.

hahaha. naturam godse should have loaded another bullet and used it for the "paltu kutta" of gandhi aka nehru, and rid india of defeatist marxist attitudes forever.

nathuram godse did precisely what krishna asked arjun to do - to get angry, cos sometimes you need to.

he had a love for india that went beyond the love for his own life.
unethical he wasnt. psycho neither.

have you heard of Yigal Aamir ??
have you read nathuram godse's will ?? i have.
have you read his defence case?? i have.

its a pity that india had only one such guy.

its a pity that we could not come up with a nathuram godse when gandhi agreed to send indian soldiers to die fighting for ... england (!!!) in europe.

had gandhi been er...slotted (the cold blooded word for "killing") back then, then india would have had her independence long back, after, at the most, a Dien Bien Phu (where vietnam kicked out the french) style fight with the english.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 06:37 am
<SIGH>
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 09:04 am
Ok...
1. Sardar completely FAILED in avoiding the hindu muslim riots.
Sardar was too much busy acquiring the private kingdoms than helping people out of the misery of riots.

You cannot consider Netaji because he was dead on August 18, 1945 before independence .

2. I am proud to be a Marathi community who produced Shivaji (a king of people so much like gandhi), Tilak (proactive and a a fundamentalist ... a highest critic of British so as Gandhi) and Vinoba Bhave (firm believer of peace)

3. You talk about a Chinese proverb (oh the people of a country who had the maximum BLOODY revolutions ever in the world history)
"its a wise man who doesn't get angry.
its a fooling man who CANNOT get angry"

Then Gandhi was a wiser man because he did not get angry but condemned British in his own way of Ahimsa .... you continently forgot "Chale Jao".

Talking about Savarkar and Agarkar ... they inspire me when it comes to their writing but not in their action.. I do not believe killing can ever solve an issue.

4. You aren't the only one who read the will of Nathuram Godse. I am one of fortunate people who got to see the first unedited version of controversial Marathi play of "Me Nathuram Godsay Boltoy" (I am Nathuram Godse Speaking ). Fortunate because it finally made my side clear about Gandhi and Nathuram.

He had JUST ONE ETHICAL aspect of Killing Gandhi... Rest he speaks about Jinnah & his ethical Guru Savarkar and Himsa over Ahimsa

He says "When a person thinks himself more important than the country then he should brought down for the people's benefit. Gandhi was not ready to get down so I had to forcibly made him to the ground..."

"By Killing?" the jailor asks

"Yes because he was polluting Indian minds....."

And there is a catch .... If Gandhi was (so called) polluting indian minds you could easily had cleaned the polluted thoughts with your fundamentals… You could had been a leader of a group of people or community

Nathuram and other Himsawadi leaders could not even gather substantial supporters who could erase the Gandhism from the country. He hated Gandhi most as a thought but killed him (Gandhi) ultimately as a person…. in pure frustration. He was mentally, ethically & fundamentally defeated by Gandhi. Hence I term him a psycho with foolish thoughts.

The same frustration I can see in your thoughts Brahmin .. be careful. Gandhism still exists.

And by the way the most influential world persona of the millennium after Albert Einstein was Mahatma Gandhi when Time magazine took a survey 4 years back ….so the foreigners have completely changed their view about Gandhi as a naked fakir. The prior was ONLY by British in fear of loosing their grip over India .. the latter is by the world people united.

If you still don't believe, see this award winning advertisement of last year (never released in India)

http://www.epica-awards.com/assets/epica/2004/winners/film/flv/11071.htm

It will surely make your reviews reconsidered about foreigners who according to you still think Gandhi as a Naked Fakir.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 09:48 am
Well, so much for a safe place to hide out.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 10:07 pm
Re: Ok...
vinsan wrote:
1. Sardar completely FAILED in avoiding the hindu muslim riots.

no. but for him more would have died.

Quote:

Sardar was too much busy acquiring the private kingdoms than helping people out of the misery of riots.

and thus he prevented india to be carved up further. why couldnt the rest stop the riots eh??

Quote:

You cannot consider Netaji because he was dead on August 18, 1945 before independence .

but he had already done what was needed to give india independence.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v03/v03p407_Borra.html
and http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3684288.stm

Quote:
2. I am proud to be a Marathi community who produced Shivaji

yes.

Quote:
(a king of people so much like gandhi),

gandhi was a king of the gutless, spineless, and the servile.

Quote:

Tilak (proactive and a a fundamentalist ... a highest critic of British so as Gandhi)

proactive yes. firebrand yes.
fundamentalist no.
highest critic = netaji.

gandhi = english ass licker.
Quote:
and Vinoba Bhave (firm believer of peace)
another castrated eunach india could have done without.

Quote:

3. You talk about a Chinese proverb (oh the people of a country who had the maximum BLOODY revolutions ever in the world history)

yes revolutons came after they turned marxist.
my proverb goes back about 4000 years, long b4 marx or marxism existed.

Quote:

"its a wise man who doesn't get angry.
its a fooling man who CANNOT get angry"

Then Gandhi was a wiser man because he did not get angry but condemned British in his own way of Ahimsa .... you continently forgot "Chale Jao".

gandhi was the biggest of idiots cos he did not get angry WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE.

india was just one DBP style war away from independence. all we had to do was break the backbone of the raj army.

more peopel died for gandhi (indian soldiers fighting on behalf of english and indians suffering and dying under the brit army in india) then any other in history, with the possible exception of mao and stalin.

also ahimsha was not his way. ahimsha was around for thousands of years b4 this halfwit was born.

condemning dont get you freedom !!

here's the effect of gandhi -

"" In 1921, the non-cooperation movement was withdrawn before it was started. In 1930 the Civil Disobedience Movement was withdrawn without achieving its limited objective. In 1932, the Civil Disobedience Movement was suspended at Gandhiji's instance and was never revived. In 1941 individual satyagraha for the right of freedom of speech ended in six months without achieving its aim. The 1942 countrywide struggle for freedom was never started by Gandhiji.""

http://www.tamilnation.org/ideology/bose.htm

bleh !!!
Quote:

Talking about Savarkar and Agarkar ... they inspire me when it comes to their writing but not in their action..

not everyone is a man of action.

thats just netaji.

Quote:
I do not believe killing can ever solve an issue.

i do.

killing solved all independence and liberation issues.
if nazis werent killed then they'd still be there.

killing can solve every issue with killers.

besides we need not have killed many brits - they knew very well that without their raj army they had no chance.

Quote:

4. You aren't the only one who read the will of Nathuram Godse. I am one of fortunate people who got to see the first unedited version of controversial Marathi play of "Me Nathuram Godsay Boltoy" (I am Nathuram Godse Speaking ). Fortunate because it finally made my side clear about Gandhi and Nathuram.

waste !!
marathi you arnt.
Quote:

He had JUST ONE ETHICAL aspect of Killing Gandhi... Rest he speaks about Jinnah & his ethical Guru Savarkar and Himsa over Ahimsa

which is what krishna spoke to arjun about.
sometimes you need to get angry and give back as good as you get.

what sort of ahimsha was the brits showing us eh ??
Quote:

He says "When a person thinks himself more important than the country then he should brought down for the people's benefit. Gandhi was not ready to get down so I had to forcibly made him to the ground..."

"By Killing?" the jailor asks

"Yes because he was polluting Indian minds....."

spot on.

the soner india forgets this castrated halfwit the better.
Quote:

And there is a catch .... If Gandhi was (so called) polluting indian minds you could easily had cleaned the polluted thoughts with your fundamentals…You could had been a leader of a group of people or community

yes. the next generation of indians wont give a damn about gandhi or gandhism.

nor did some of the enlightened ones of gandhi's generation. nehru licked gandhi cos gandhi was his ticket to pm-ship.

Quote:

Nathuram and other Himsawadi leaders

yes.

atlee.
mountbatten.
churchil.
curzon.

all himshabadi.

they killed more 1000s indians then godse ever did.

on hindsight, the indian godse killed was the least valuable life of them all and a genetic mistake.
Quote:

could not even gather substantial supporters who could erase the Gandhism from the country.

yes thats a pity.

india is a country of neutered castrated gutless spineless people who cant stand up and fight for their own independence. i am posting to one now.

sigh !!!

well serves us right !!

thats why we got hammered by the muslims - cos we cant fight.
and thats why the poms were in india for about 200 years more than they should have been.

the last thing we need is more castrated fakirs kile gandhi.

Quote:

He hated Gandhi most as a thought

which indian doesnt hate a servile prick??.... which non-castrated indian that is...

shivaji, rana pratap and netaji are the 3 greatest (most patriotic) indians ever born.

Quote:

but killed him (Gandhi) ultimately as a person

too bad godse forgot to spit on gandhi's dead body. that would have been the icing on the cake.

Quote:

…. in pure frustration.

more like out of pure patriotism.
saved india from further damage. if onlyhe had done so earlier !!

Quote:

He was mentally, ethically & fundamentally defeated by Gandhi.

no india was.

mentally beaten by his cowardice.
fundamentally neutered by his cowardice.
& ethically beaten by his betrayal of netaji.

Quote:

Hence I term him a psycho with foolish thoughts.

you have lots to learn about psychiatry as also freedom movementsand patriotism. sarvarkar would be a good start and netaji a nice way to finish.

foolish is gandhi - showing ahimsha to the poms who only gavce us misery and coaxing millions of indians to die while following him in his moronic efforts (gandi march and "langra" march).

Quote:

The same frustration I can see in your thoughts Brahmin ..

woman you be mad.
go get yourself checked at NIMHANS.

Quote:

be careful. Gandhism still exists.

yes.
i dont mind it existing now that the poms dont exist in india anymore.

gandhism is defeatist. the opiate of the congenitally neutered.

Quote:

And by the way the most influential world persona of the millennium after Albert Einstein was Mahatma Gandhi when Time magazine took a survey 4 years back ….so the foreigners have completely changed their view about Gandhi as a naked fakir.

yes it suits them to harp eloquent about the one indian who kissed their feet !!

what a egoless loser gandhi was !!

Quote:

The prior was ONLY by British in fear of loosing their grip over India ..

yes... they lost it too..... when the spine of their raj army was broken.
the brit rule in india rose and fell with their army.
gandhi was stupid enough not to realise that.

Quote:

the latter is by the world people united.

so ??

the same people of the world were united when they hammered the nazis and bombed the japanese.
where was ahimsha then??

why the hell does india have to sit silently and suffer the poms when all other people kick their oppressors out???

not like india could not have kicked the english out - we threw the japs out of burma and the nazis out of italy.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/Army/History/1939War/

why didnt gandhi allow us to kick the english out eh ??
he had no problems with indians dying in europe !!
where was his ahimsha then???

godse should have shot gandhi with millions of bullets - one for each indian who died due to gandhi's stupidity.

gandhi left his spineless legacy in the form of nehru - the shame of india and the bane of her current existence (the nehru -indira gandhi family with all their corruptions)
Quote:

If you still don't believe, see this award winning advertisement of last year (never released in India)

http://www.epica-awards.com/assets/epica/2004/winners/film/flv/11071.htm

dont have time for ads in praise of fakirs.

the only thing we lost when gandhi was gunned down was the chance to win an olympic bronze medal at long distance walking.

Quote:

It will surely make your reviews reconsidered about foreigners who according to you still think Gandhi as a Naked Fakir.

it doesnt matter whether foreigners think of him as a naked fakir.

its whether india finally realises that he was a butthead.

btw, chamberlain had a dog called gandhi (or some other pet) - so thats what the foreigners actually think of him while waxing eloquent about his neutered ahimsha tactics (cos thats a great way to say politically correct things and score brownie points.... even saddam hussain and pol pot used to tell the media how much he loved gandhi !!)

anyway, you do come across as a staunch marxist.
where r u from ?? jnu ??
thats an institute which is good at brainwashing.

anyways, where ever you may have picked up this neutered ideology, just remember, few people will remember gandhi 20 years on, if any.

already everyone wants to forget gandhi and nehru, the way russia wants to forget stalin and lenin. cos these two comic characters were as bad to india as those two to russia.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 04:00 am
Ahh..
Aahhh Brahmin .... the smell of absolute frustration finally making its way through your latest reply .... lot n lots of offensive words ... little intellectual defend though.

And by not looking at the advertisement (which you think is a attempt to win a medal .... NO .... because the spectators agree with it and hence appreciated by critics) showed that you are not ready to listen anything about Gandhi by just puking the venom of hatred about him everywhere in the reply you can.

But I had referred to your links though and to tell you about those links they are ONE OF THOSE untrustworthy information sites that has moreover all the twisted the facts of history for the sake of being different and unique. No proofs put anywhere at all....

Netaji, Sardar, tilak, or any great person devoted his life for independence had to put their thoughts to justify their paths. So did gandhi.

The non-cooperation movement & QUITE INDIA were one of the largest movements ever in the world history … 100 million supporters all over the nation cannot be blinded by a single person who to not get angry. During that time British economist agreed that British economy dangled to down due to World War II and the small non-cooperation in India.

Chauri-Chaura incident caused death of police & supporters who were all Indians ordered to be shot dead by the British officers. Gandhi had to save further Indian deaths by talking non-cooperation back but told not to stop implementing it in their day to day life and hence came up with civil disobedience, Gandhi helped bring about India's independence from British rule, inspiring other colonial peoples to work for their own independence and ultimately dismantling the British Empire. Gandhi's principle of satyagraha (from Sanskrit; satya for truth and agraha for endeavor), often translated as "way of truth" or "pursuit of truth", has inspired other freedom activists. However not all these leaders kept to Gandhi's strict principle of nonviolence truly derived from pure hindu philosophy of Satya and Ahimsa.

You say nathuram did not spit on gandhi ... But Nathuram himself agrees that He saluted gandhi before killing him. "Because gandhi was most ideaolistic person (who devoted his life for his ideas strongly on the most difficult way of Ahimsa) ... he had ever seen before .... But he had to kill him just that he did not agree with the fundamentals"

Killing a person for not agreeing to his fundamentals ... what a coward and foolish step ..... absolutely out of frustration!

Let god give you strength to fight with the eternal hatred in you heart about gandhi and his followers. Because World remembers Gandhi for his ideaology of peace and has not forgotten Ravindranath Tagore (a strong Gandhist), Mother Teresa (Inspired from gandhi's quote "help the poors"), Dalai Lama, Lech Wałęsa, Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi and Nelson Mandela.

There would be critics to Gandhi like you and there would be supporters like me there for next (X years of my life) defending THE FATHER OF THE NATION.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 03:07 pm
Ok....
Brahmin,

I can write tons of material about Gandhi's contribution to INDIA …. I feel you have missed it somewhere... poor you.

You say movements set by Gandhi had no effects … Yes! Everybody knew it had no immediate effects … but ultimately british had to reduce the tax on salt, they were refrained from selling any goods to Indians, Rowllat act (for which Amritsar massacre was done) was resolved due to non-cooperation. Economic independence for India, involving the complete boycott of British goods, was made a corollary of Gandhi's Swaraj movement. The economic aspects of the movement were significant, for the exploitation of Indian villagers by British industrialists had resulted in extreme poverty in the country and the virtual destruction of Indian home industries. As a remedy for such poverty, Gandhi advocated revival of cottage industries; he began to use a spinning wheel as a token of the return to the simple village life he preached, and of the renewal of native Indian industries.

When World War II broke out, Gandhi demanded a declaration of war aims and their application to India. As a reaction to the unsatisfactory response from the British, he decided not to support Britain in the war unless the country were granted complete and immediate independence. The British refused, offering compromises that were rejected. When Japan entered the war, Gandhi still refused to agree to Indian participation. He was interned in 1942 Non-cooperation movement strongly suggested the Indian soldiers (forced by british to participate in world war II) should leave their jobs like everyone else under government domain.

Gandhi struck out firmly against untouchability and caste discrimination. Gandhi defended common Hindu traditions, customs and values against the criticism of Christian missionaries and the Westernized elite of England-educated Indians and Britons in India; equally, he was critical of Brahmin corruption and the oppression of the common people by corrupt priests and leaders.

Gandhi never allowed the British government and other political groups to divide Hindu society along caste lines by granting them different political status; his fast at Yeravda Jail compelled B.R. Ambedkar, political leader of the untouchables, to agree to reject separate electorates, demonstrating the formidable support he commanded from the harijans of India. Gandhi was also a champion of women's freedoms and rights, and was especially critical of child marriage and the social castigation of widows.

Untouchability, dowry, child marriage, and the purdah were outlawed in independent India and casteism was denied official recognition and use. Gandhi is widely viewed as having been a progressive influence on Hindu society.

100 millions non cooperating with British … that's an enough reason for those 100,000 brats to leave India.

Jinnah partitioned India. Not Gandhi. Gandhi was helpless before the consequences. He always wanted to save innocent Indian deaths. Same stand was taken during non-cooperation movement. The basic indict of partition was Jinnah but activist blamed Gandhi for being the easiest target to divert his support on their side. When they could not gather substantial votes …. Forget Jinnah … lets kill Gandhi….

Gandhi's ideaology was not for some crack head maniac like Nathuram Godse but for the average Indian crushed under british raj. No body else could ever gather this much support on the path of Ahimsa. Next highest number of devotees were gathered by Netaji 4500 soldiers for his Free India Centre in Berlin

On the basis of your explanation …

1. You are judging Dalai Lama on the basis of the history of his relative... is that intelligent?

2. Don't talk about China and Tibet … These are anyways the two extremes.... Mao, Ching Shi Huangdi, Empress Sushi, Chiang Kai Shek .... even the 1989 Chinese government killing innocent students on Tianan Men Gate Square …. you name it and you will find all violent leaders and kings ruling over Chinese people for ages.

3. So now Saint Mother Teresa is on your hit-list too? If she was converting people to Christianity … what were the hindu fundamentalist doing then? Sleeping or too busy blaming Gandhi?

And you speak on behalf of Indians? I bet …. if they never would have realized Gandhi's contribution to independence … he wouldn't have been the FATHER OF THE NATION in the first place today. I know you don't believe it but majority of Indians do … the same people who voted for him being the 2nd most influential personality of century … see this link …

http://www.time.com/time/time100/poc/magazine/mohandas_gandhi12a.html

The winner Sir Albert Einstein had to say about Gandhi as …

Quote:
I believe that Gandhi's views were the most enlightened of all the political men in our time.

We should strive to do things in his spirit: not to use violence in fighting for our cause, but by non-participation in anything you believe is evil.

His letter to Gandhi …

Quote:
Respected Mr. Gandhi !

I use the presence of your friend in our home to send you these lines. You have shown through your works, that it is possible to succeed without violence even with those who have not discarded the method of violence. We may hope that your example will spread beyond the borders of your country, and will help to establish an international authority, respected by all, that will take decisions and replace war conflicts.

With sincere admiration,

Yours A. Einstein.
I hope that I will be able to meet you face to face some day.

And finally you wish for me not being existed today …. you wish I should have been born during the pre-independence era … …. I wish every Indian today could. If I could, I should have followed Gandhi on his footsteps which would be my absolute honor. Supporting Gandhi and let my actions speak for my ethics….

But unfortunately (for you) I am born today …. on this forum …. facing you and quite young. I wish you are young too because wherever I find you condemning Gandhi … you ain't slipping thru my protest there throughout the session.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 09:35 pm
gandhi had no effect on india's independence. period.

i am not even going to read the whole of your meandering and dense arguements.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 05:25 am
gah.....
i m sorry i sparked that topic off....
ohhh....please stop it.
brahmin and vinsan, my dear insightful souls, you have different opinions and there's no use convincing each other. cuz, you won't be, either of you, i know

huh.....
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:21 am
spidergal wrote:
gah.....
ohhh....please stop it.
brahmin and vinsan, my dear insightful souls, you have different opinions and there's no use convincing each other. cuz, you won't be, either of you, i know

huh.....

Hey

No personal offense from my side... It was more like an intellectual debate for me... Razz
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:37 am
yes ok.

i have nothing against gandhi per se'.

just wanted to point out that

1) a lot more indians died cos of his gandhian tactics than would if india got her independence a.la vietnam

2) that not trying a DenBienPhu set us back (ie. delayed our independence) by a good 12-15 years, if not more.

3) that gandhi's technique, for all its lofty ideals never worked. we won cos the second world war stretched all the colonial countries thin, and cos when the indian army fighting in europe on behalf of the allies, heard of Netaji and wanted to come back to india to join an armed fight for freedom against the brits - thats when they realised that their time in india is up.

in summary, we won neither violently, nor non violently, but with a threat of violence, that too when the brits could not take it any more (the ww2 took the wind out of them).

and thats not just india.

all colonies, sri lanka and phillipines and arab countries et al..... they all got their independence cos of the ww2 and cos usa insisted that enough was enough.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:41 am
vinsan wrote:
spidergal wrote:
gah.....
ohhh....please stop it.

huh.....

Hey

No personal offense from my side... It was more like an intellectual debate for me... Razz

yes

and you were indeed very intellectual in your marxist (since when did marxist and intellectual be two words that sat well together!!??) defence of your points... just as you were when you spun the yarn on the other thread, that usa not only didnt help india but also became china's friend !!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:48 pm
so we have vinsan, brahmin, prince, chinmayee...
any more indians??
i guess there must be more.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:53 pm
chinmayee_s wrote:
hello...from another Indian...Smile
Laughing
what a sweet name that is ...chinmayee!!
i guess that bears resemblance to some sort of mission, i guess so.
and who's that beautiful lady on the avatar, raima sen, is it?????
0 Replies

amos5t

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:16 pm
you got another indian here.

but i did not feel like reading the whole argument between brahmin and visnan so I may have missed some other messages.

I have an absolute respect for Mahatma Gandhi. But I wouldnt get into a debate if his philosophy did help india in getting freedom.
anyway, I guess people are past that debate.

Whats the new topic here?

amos
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:55 am
brahmin wrote:
vinsan wrote:
spidergal wrote:
gah.....
ohhh....please stop it.

huh.....

Hey

yes

and you were indeed very intellectual in your marxist (since when did marxist and intellectual be two words that sat well together!!??) defence of your points... just as you were when you spun the yarn on the other thread, that usa not only didnt help india but also became china's friend !!

When will you learn not to mix unrelated issues brahmin! Who told you to bring that US issue here... there is another thread assigned for that. Put your "intellegent" comments there (which you must have put by now) and try to be normal onwards!

We have all seen your comments and personally am no longer interested in arguing with a person who "pretend" to know everything about India and does not know a simple fact that one needs to "respect others views".....

Ohhh my mistake!

RESPECT and BRAHMIN... the two things don't go together....
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:38 am
amos5t wrote:
you got another indian here.

but i did not feel like reading the whole argument between brahmin and visnan so I may have missed some other messages.

I have an absolute respect for Mahatma Gandhi. But I wouldnt get into a debate if his philosophy did help india in getting freedom.
anyway, I guess people are past that debate.

Whats the new topic here?

amos

Smile aha amos you come here like a fresh breeze of air
hmmmm....new topic you want??
ok, will sania mirza ever make it to no.1 or will she ever win a grand slam?
i say yes, she'll do both in a course of two or years .
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:40 am
vinsan, dad just got My Experiments For Truth for me. you have read it?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:56 am
Shocked
Quote:
woman you be mad.

woman?????

Quote:
mein achha hoon

a woman would say main achhi hoon

i m sure vinsan is a man
0 Replies

amos5t

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:35 pm
spidergal, i am not so sure about your prediction for sania. If things work out for her, she can definetly reach the quaters and semis in grandslams. i hope she does and wins a couple of them. that would be awesome for indian sports.

i saw you are reading gandhi's book. i read that book a long time back.

how about the indian authors in English - my favorite is amitav ghosh - but of course he is not going to get much attention or the big awards in the west because he does not mince words when it comes to protraying the history from an indian's perspective (I am talking about 'the glass palace').

I am sure Brahmin loves his books.

amos
0 Replies