Has anyone tried Cold-fx?

Reyn

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 09:57 pm
Looking for anyone who has tried Cold-fx. I would like to know what your experience with it is and if it works.

Clinical trials on cold-fx

I have been in the habit of taking Echinacea drops at the first sign of a cold. I'd like to know if this Cold-fx is more effective.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,647 • Replies: 23
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:06 pm
Sorry Reyn, never tried it.

I think the meds people take when they are sick, can sometimes make them feel much worse than they already do.

Love your new avatar :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:44 pm
Thanks, I like it, too!

My experience with Echinacea has been quite positive. Seems to work. When I take it the impact is lessened.

Anyone else?
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:55 pm
Echinacea tea is good for your immune system I hear. It's one of my favorite teas.

I don't take any kind of medication myself.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:17 pm
I only take the drops, not the tea.

I get a flu shot every year, too. It's important for me to be careful with my immune system, as it was compromised back in 1995 when I had radiation treatments for cancer.

I'm always on the lookout for something better though that will boost my system.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 12:30 pm
Checked out the price of this Cold-fx at our Wal-Mart's pharmacy this morning. It's close to $55.00 ($47.29 USD) for 150 capsules! Shocked

I read the directions on the bottle, and the recommended dose for the first day alone is 3 capsules 3 times a day. So, you can see you could plow through this stuff pretty fast if needed.

I think I'll stick with my Echinacea drops. :wink:
0 Replies

bettysparkle

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:55 am
cold fx
The daily dosage for prevention is 1 pill 2 times per day so the 150 pills will last you 75 days or a cost of 36 cents per pill or 72 cents per day. If you only want to take it as a cold becomes evident, that is when the 3 pills, 3 times per day on the 1st day, 2 pills 3 times per day on the second day and 1 pill 3 times per day on the 3rd day comes into play. It's clinical trials show significantly positive results and the upcoming trial with seniors is expected to confirm its ability to prevent colds and flu in the majority of subjects.
As for the Echinacea, you may want to do some research. The latest tests and results show no positive effects. It has recently been reported that Echinacea is a bit of misleading.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 11:02 am
I take echinacea, zinc and a lot of Vitamin C when I am coming down with a cold. It appears to shorten the illness, and alleviate some of the symptoms. I really don't know if one two or all of the things that I use is what is most helpful.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 11:07 am
I've found megadoses of Vitamin C helpful.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:35 pm
Re: cold fx
bettysparkle wrote:
As for the Echinacea, you may want to do some research. The latest tests and results show no positive effects. It has recently been reported that Echinacea is a bit of misleading.

I take it that you have tried the product and have had good results. Still, once you have a cold, you'll go through it fast if you have to do as directed.

As far as the Echinacea drops I use are concerned, I'm convinced that they work. Just about a week ago, I felt I was coming down with something, and within 24 hours, I was greatly improved.

I'm sold on them, and it's a lot more economical.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:38 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I take echinacea, zinc and a lot of Vitamin C when I am coming down with a cold. It appears to shorten the illness, and alleviate some of the symptoms. I really don't know if one two or all of the things that I use is what is most helpful.

Phoenix, I was given literature by the Cancer Clinic way back when I was having treatment, that advised patients against taking Vit C, especially in megadoses.

I don't know if that's still valid, but I thought I'd let you know, since I knew you were in the same boat as I was.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:58 pm
Cold-fx is a derivative from Ginseng and polysaccharides (sugar) is added, quite harmless actually, but I don't see how it could
fight off the common flu. It probably will give you more
energy, but that's about all.

Vitamin C in its natural form - oranges, fresh orange juice
is advisable.
0 Replies

bettysparkle

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 05:34 am
Whatever cranks your chain. Maybe it works for you the way my copper bracelet works for me. Don't really know why, but it does.
As for the cost, 72 cents a day doesn't sound prohibitive to me given I just spent $1.25 for a medium coffee at Timmy Ho Ho's.
0 Replies

bettysparkle

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 05:38 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Cold-fx is a derivative from Ginseng and polysaccharides (sugar) is added, quite harmless actually, but I don't see how it could
fight off the common flu. It probably will give you more
energy, but that's about all.

Vitamin C in its natural form - oranges, fresh orange juice
is advisable.

FYI, it may have more going for it than you give it credit for.
http://www.cvtechnologies.com/coldfx/evidence.aspx
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 06:41 am
Have you tried Cold Ezee? Cheap and in my opinion, work.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:31 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Have you tried Cold Ezee? Cheap and in my opinion, work.

Haven't seen that product on the shelf up here, Bella.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:32 am
Hm. I figured it would be in good ol' Canadia too.....
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 08:13 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Hm. I figured it would be in good ol' Canadia too.....

I'll ask a pharmacist next time I'm in one of our drug stores, just to be sure. :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 08:19 am
I've never heard of the Cold-fx so maybe you guys got that and we got Cold Ezee.
0 Replies

bettysparkle

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:28 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I've never heard of the Cold-fx so maybe you guys got that and we got Cold Ezee.
I googled cold ezze and got zip. Try googling cold f-x.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Has anyone tried Cold-fx?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 12:54:03