Black Holes

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:52 am
Okay, not a physics major, but I was wondering, if two black holes meet, eventually the larger one will consume the smaller one, correct? Through time, is it possible that all matter in the universe could be consumed by an amalgamation of all black holes combined to a super hole? Would this result in a collapsing universe? And if so, what would happen when all matter is consumed at the singularity, another big bang? Or are they just natures Hoovers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 724 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:30 pm
well black holes do loss mass over time.. very slightly and hawking will back me up on that... its something like 10^-80 years it will eventually die...
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:54 pm
Re: Black Holes
imperialracing wrote:
Okay, not a physics major, but I was wondering, if two black holes meet, eventually the larger one will consume the smaller one, correct?

Wrong. The smaller consumes the larger and becomes much bigger as a result. The idea that the larger consumes the smaller to become slightly bigger is ludicrous. The former event is much the larger and so is the right way to look at it. Your views have been noted and your employer informed.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:58 pm
I nearly got consumed by a black hole but I just got out before the jaws snapped shut.I've been wary of them ever since.

I heard The Hawk had recanted.
0 Replies