Some help?

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:48 am
I bought a DVD movie today (from China) with NTSC region free, and region 2, which means you should be able to play it on all DVD players right? But when I was gonna watch it it only showed in black and white. Do anyone of you have any idea why that is? Is it my DVD player theres something wrong with? Or do I have to adjust the settings on the player?
I would really REALLY appreciate if anyone could help me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 745 • Replies: 6
No top replies

fishin

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 03:37 pm
It should be able to play on all NTSC DVD players. Since you mention Region 2 and NTSC it appears the disc was intended to go to Japan.

My own experience with DVDs from China is to stay away from them. I've yet to get one that actually works like it's supposed to.
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 05:46 am
Well, the movie works, but the minute I push play everything turns black and white. Im in Sweden and my DVD player should be able to play both PAL and NTSC. I think you can switch betwen them, but I just cant figure our how.
But dont you think I should be able to play it since I got both PAL and NTSC, but just need to adjust some settings?
And thanks for replying fishin'!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:03 pm
Ok. Your DVD player can play both PAL and NTSC - good. Can your TV display both too?
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 04:04 am
I have no idea.... Gosh, I feel so stupid. My TV is about 6 years old, so I dont know.
But, since the TV screen is showing the movie (But without color) it should be able to play NTSC right? I dont know?
But theres obviously something wrong, either with the movie, the DVD player or the TV. Im getting really frusturated here! I really wanna see that movie in color.... Im so dissapointed.
And thanks again fishin´ for helping me.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:51 pm
Could you post the manufacturer and model number fo your TV?
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 05:42 pm
Meh, no need to. I downloaded a program so I can watch the movie on my comp instead.
But thanks for all your help fishin´!
Really REALLY appriciated it! :wink:
0 Replies