Then Came Rita

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 09:42 pm
Even a category three is no biscuit eater.

Cat six is hard to imagine.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 09:48 pm
Obviously Rita is being fueled by at least six damnable sources:

1. Gays.

2. Bleeding hearts.

3. Ungrateful wretches.

4. Darwinists.

Suggestions? Replacements?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 09:49 pm
abortionists
antiwar activists
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 09:54 pm
undocumented aliens
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 09:57 pm
Gee, we better get all of them sinners identerfied so that they can be down there on the sea coast keepin' the winds away from Good Folks and Oil Property.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 09:59 pm
<Biting my tongue>
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 10:13 pm
My two cousins (one who fled New Orleans) and their mother are planning to batten down the hatches and ride her out in the Houston area. At least, that was their plan Wednesday night. They're in Missouri City. Is this a good idea?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 10:16 pm
Possibly not.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 10:19 pm
But you're staying, right?
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 11:25 pm
I'm outta here! We were thinking about staying and riding this out but it has gotten way to big. We are headed to Kerville to some friends house. Me, the man, 3 cats, 2 birds and a snake all in an un-airconditioned car for a six hour drive.....hmmm....maybe I will just stay and hope the house doesn't blow apart. Nah. See you guys when I get back. Hope everyone else in Houston gets out. I don't think it's gonna be pretty.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:08 am
I went through it last year. I can sympathize.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:12 am
It looks very much like a bad ass hurricane

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4294/rita8kb.jpg
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:36 am
LionTamer - It was Fran that taught the Bears a few lessons, as well.

Wasn't Houston where Ecstasy , LSD or something started? There was a documentary about a wealthy couple that discovered it and started sharing it at parties with their friends and it soon caught on. Wasn't illegal at the time.

That's probably reason #6 for Rita heading that way.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:44 am
squinney wrote:
LionTamer - It was Fran that taught the Bears a few lessons, as well.

Wasn't Houston where Ecstasy , LSD or something started? There was a documentary about a wealthy couple that discovered it and started sharing it at parties with their friends and it soon caught on. Wasn't illegal at the time.

That's probably reason #6 for Rita heading that way.

Hey, if we're gonna buy into that karma or divine reciprocity idea, then Texas being Bush country is ample justification, IMO.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 05:10 am
He he. Fortunately, I don't buy into those kind of arguments, except in fun. The global warming element possibly has much to do with its strength, however. But that's for the political threads. The news is a tad more encouraging this AM. They excpect the wind to lessen a bit before it makes landfall.
They have not spoken about evacuating Tomball, which is just as well. I don't think the highway system could handle the added traffic.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 06:16 am
this is a time i wish i had some local news.
We dont own so much a set of rabbit ears in this house.
No cable.. nothin.

I go to fox news.. our local broadcast news and find very little.

I learn
rita is 900 miles across
reported top winds at 165 mph
3rd biggest storm to hit Texas
898 millp... what ever that means , it makes even the weather man a little trembly

I go to the store. All bottled water is gone. At sams, at grocery stores.. wtf?
Are we supposed to panic?
For chists sake Austin is over 200 miles INLAND and above sea level.
We may get some bad ass rain storms.. but why are people battning down the homes?
Am I missing something here?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 06:47 am
They said it could reach Dallas at minimal hurricane strength. I think they are just covering their asses saying that. Still . . .
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:20 am
The Weather Channel was suggesting people NOT try to go to Dallas. Supposedly it's taking 24 hours to get there because of the traffic. They are worried about people running out of gas along the way and being stranded on the highway. As Rita's path has taken a jog toward the northeast, they were advocating people head south and west, even mentioned Austin as a better place than Dallas because the roads are open.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:23 am
i watched my neighbors put pillows on their garage door windows, then cover it with plywood....

an ok to panic yet?
why panic so far inland?
NO has sacred the crap out ofpeople I guess..
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:45 am
From the KXAN.com website:

Quote:
The City of Austin says that it is important that Austin/Travis County residents make preparations for this storm including possible loss of power and some delays in receiving safety services.

People should specifically assure that they have the following on hand:

- Food for one week
- Water for three days
- Prescription medicines for three weeks
- Medical equipment and supplies for family members with special medical conditions
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- Battery powered portable radio
- Telephone that is not dependent on outside power (most cordless phones require power for the base station unit).

Seems a bit of overkill to me.... But who's gonna get fired for telling people to prepare too much?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Then Came Rita
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:35:58