2
   

what you're going to tell me

 
 
navi
 
Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2026 01:38 am
1) I know what you're going to tell me.

2) I know everything you're going to tell me.

3) I know all you're going to tell me.

Do these mean:

a) I can predict what you are going to tell me.

or:

b) You are not going to teach me anything by telling me what you are going to tell me, (for example: you are going to talk about the theory of relativity, but what you are going to say about it is already part of my knowledge)

Gratefully,

Navi
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 42 • Replies: 1
No top replies

 
hightor
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2026 03:48 am
@navi,
It's ambiguous enough to refer to either a or b.. The intended meaning can only be determined by revealing the specific context through ensuing dialogue.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

show difference - Question by subhrakanta
Assertive to exclamatory - Question by Mushfiq2001
as far as I am concerned - Question by navi
Word usage - Question by Rox111
Difference - Question by Rox111
Sentence - Question by Rox111
Sentence structure - Question by Rox111
Sentences - Question by Rox111
 
  1. Forums
  2. » what you're going to tell me
Copyright © 2026 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/08/2026 at 11:16:12
▲ ▼