The new A2K Avatar project

Intrepid

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 11:37 am
Yup, and it is nice to see the hummingbird building a nest in Tico's head. Laughing

Thanks Reyn ;-)
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 02:28 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Yup, and it is nice to see the hummingbird building a nest in Tico's head. Laughing

Thanks Reyn ;-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/lmfao.gif
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 02:34 pm
Not to be difficult, but what happened to my peaceful attic?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 02:38 pm
Along the same lines as Noddy, I am very fond of Farmerman.

I would hate to give the impression that I am trying to whack him.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 02:44 pm
Oooh! Another Avatar thingy......don't suppose you've got room for a well worn Englishman, do you?

I was thinking......sort of in between two rather attractive females, if at all poss.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 03:08 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Oooh! Another Avatar thingy......don't suppose you've got room for a well worn Englishman, do you?

I was thinking......sort of in between two rather attractive females, if at all poss.

A man of such stature as yourself me' Lord.....must be granted his wish. Put him between two bikini clad vixens if you can, Reyn. Cool
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 03:19 pm
Bikinis...I like the sound of that.

As far away from the Emu as you can, if you will. It scares me.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:12 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
Where Reyn?

Where Reyn? Reyn is in BC. Laughing

But if you're talking about the avatars, they are always going to be in the first post of this thread. I'm continually editing it. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:14 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
The colors look well coordinated so far Reyn.

That must be a complete coincidence....haha!

I just try for what looks good.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:17 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Not to be difficult, but what happened to my peaceful attic?

You were there yesterday.

Today is a different day. I will be moving them all around on a regular basis. I'm hoping to keep the work fresh so people will want to keep coming back and see where they ended up next. Very Happy

I'll keep you in mind if I can.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:18 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
Along the same lines as Noddy, I am very fond of Farmerman.

I would hate to give the impression that I am trying to whack him.

I will try to find you a safe place to point your weapon...hehe! :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:21 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:

I have room for everybody with the way I'm doing it this time around. I will keep adding more canvases as I run out of room.

BUT, as mentioned to others, I can't make any permanent promises as to your placing. The idea is to keep moving everybody around to give the works a different look on a regular basis.

Think of it this way. You get to meet new people.... Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:23 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
A man of such stature as yourself me' Lord.....must be granted his wish. Put him between two bikini clad vixens if you can, Reyn. Cool

Brooke, I don't think I have you yet, so I take it that you want to be included, right?
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:24 pm
Reyn wrote:
AngeliqueEast wrote:
The colors look well coordinated so far Reyn.

That must be a complete coincidence....haha!

I just try for what looks good.

As you continue with your art work, and compare your past work with your new work; you will find wonderful improvement. Your mind is recording form, color etc... I like the spot you put me in, I feel safe, and if it's at all possible I would like to stay there. But, I know you will still be moving avs around. So, I leave it up to your imagination. Very Happy
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:28 pm
Reyn wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

I have room for everybody with the way I'm doing it this time around. I will keep adding more canvases as I run out of room.

BUT, as mentioned to others, I can't make any permanent promises as to your placing. The idea is to keep moving everybody around to give the works a different look on a regular basis.

Think of it this way. You get to meet new people.... Very Happy

Will the collage eventually be one permanent image composition?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:33 pm
Yup, you're right.

I was going to say to all those who put requests in to be in a certain spot, or next to certain people, I will try to keep it in mind, but I'm not promising that will continue on a regular basis.

A fair number of people have sent me requests, and, well, it just makes it awkward, artistically, and, well, you know, not being near some, as opposed to others, etc.

So, I have to think of the overall look of the pieces, and keep it interesting. I'm hoping that folks will come back on a regular basis and see how it looks, and if it always looks the same, pretty soon they won't bother.

If you find that you're really unhappy with what I've done to your avatar, let me know. Perhaps then it would be best if I removed it. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I don't want anybody upset.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:43 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:

Actually, the correct term is montage, rather than collage. Slight difference.

No, there will never be just one image composition.

Been there, tried that. Ended up pulling most of my hair out. I'm now 100% bald...haha!

You can see the original work on one of the pages within this thread. Sorry, don't remember which.

You know, what happened is that I tried to squeeze too much on one canvas, and some people's avatars didn't show as well. I'm working with a size of 600 x 400, so not to stretch the posts within the thread. If I make it too big, you just end up scrolling all over the place. Better to view without scrolling.

So, where does that leave me? Multiple canvases. Also, it's not fair to leave some out. Last time, I had certain parameters for people to be included. This time, all are welcome - from the "just hatched" to the "old timers".

That's another reason to move avatars around. So different avatars are mixed with different folks, and not just the same old thing. I think that will get tiresome after a few weeks.

I would like to see this a "living work" where it's constantly evolving. Who knows as to how many canvases will eventually be involved?
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:49 pm
Reyn wrote:
AngeliqueEast wrote:

Actually, the correct term is montage, rather than collage. Slight difference.

No, there will never be just one image composition.

Been there, tried that. Ended up pulling most of my hair out. I'm now 100% bald...haha!

You can see the original work on one of the pages within this thread. Sorry, don't remember which.

You know, what happened is that I tried to squeeze too much on one canvas, and some people's avatars didn't show as well. I'm working with a size of 600 x 400, so not to stretch the posts within the thread. If I make it too big, you just end up scrolling all over the place. Better to view without scrolling.

So, where does that leave me? Multiple canvases. Also, it's not fair to leave some out. Last time, I had certain parameters for people to be included. This time, all are welcome - from the "just hatched" to the "old timers".

That's another reason to move avatars around. So different avatars are mixed with different folks, and not just the same old thing. I think that will get tiresome after a few weeks.

I would like to see this a "living work" where it's constantly evolving. Who knows as to how many canvases will eventually be involved?

I saw the first one you did.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:55 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Thanks Reyn ;-)

As long as she's potty-trained, I don't mind.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 06:00 pm
Reyn, the compositions you have up now is that your first one, or did I miss others?

If I did, is it possible to see the others I missed? That is if you have copies.

Thanks
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 08:21:27