AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 01:35 pm
Reyn wrote:
AngeliqueEast wrote:
KK, Reyn. The av is me without a head. Cool

hehe, pawk, pawk, pawk, pawk, pawk.....

http://learning.cc.hccs.edu/Members/cschweitzer/images/chicken.jpg

Next you'll be showing us an avatar of your inner self! Laughing

Hey, what a great idea, thanks. I'm really a very private person so don't hold your breath. :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 01:40 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
Hey, what a great idea, thanks. I'm really a very private person so don't hold your breath. :wink:

No problem. It's not for everybody. You have to be comfortable with the idea of the whole world gawking at a pic of yourself.

When I had this pic on a chess site 4 years ago, I felt a bit awkward at first, but now I'm fine with it. I accept myself. Now it's up to others to do the same. :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 08:53 pm
Anyone new to this thread: If you want to be included in this avatar artwork, just post a request here. One avatar per person, please.

If you've changed your old avatar for a new one and would like me to exchange it, just say so.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ReynN/ertyu1.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ReynN/kjhgf2.jpg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:03 pm
Although JoanneDorel never made a request to be part of the new avatar project, I feel that she would have liked to do so. I have placed her in an appropriate corner. Crying or Very sad

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ReynN/nbvcx1.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ReynN/plmnbv2.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:07 pm
very nice gesture to include JD...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:08 pm
Okay, so what to do with the A2K Avatars project at this point?

We seem to be stagnating a bit at this point of time. No new requests to be added for quite some time. Do I need to re-think my approach to this project and just add people anyways, or?

Anybody got any new ideas to do anything different with this whole thing?

Will listen to all ideas at this point and evaluate.

Also, to the few that recently got new avatars, do you want your old ones replaced? Ask.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:14 pm
I think if you add avatars with out permission you need to keep this one where pretty much has given permission for the project so if you need to revert back.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:19 pm
Hmm, so you mean I'll have to have 2 copies going? Seems like a bit of a hassle and confusing.

I'm wondering why others haven't put their hand up to be included. Everybody seemed to enjoy the last project.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:21 pm
not 2 copies going just hold one in reserve.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:48 pm
Reyn wrote:
I'm wondering why others haven't put their hand up to be included. Everybody seemed to enjoy the last project.

i think you've actually got most of the recular posters from the general forum represented, there may not be much more you could hope for

it might be time to close this version, archive it and try it again in 6 months or so
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:55 pm
Sure, Reyn. Go ahead and replace my avatar. I will try not to change it again for a while. ;-)

As for your question on suggestions etc. and whether you should go ahead and add avatars without specific request.

Personally, I am torn on this. On one hand, the avatars are on a public forum and can be seen by anyone who looks every day.

On the other hand, some may take some kind of offence. I know that I did not like it when you took my avatar and used it for your own for a short period. That was because anything you wrote would be associated with me if the name was not looked at. Of course that was a different situation and I have strong aversion to that. Putting avatars on a collage of sorts should not bother anybody.

Maybe rather than ask folks to post if they want their avatar on your project, you could advise that you will add avatars to the project based on specific request, but will also add other avatars unless a specific request is made NOT to include their avatar.

Just a thought.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:29 pm
djjd62 wrote:
it might be time to close this version, archive it and try it again in 6 months or so

You really think so? That seems kinda sad. I had such big plans.

Let's see if others have thoughts on this.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:35 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Maybe rather than ask folks to post if they want their avatar on your project, you could advise that you will add avatars to the project based on specific request, but will also add other avatars unless a specific request is made NOT to include their avatar.

Well, I never did get complaints from the first one about avatars. Maybe it would be okay.

On the other hand, if folks really aren't interested, it makes no sense to carry on.

Shut it down, carry on? Shut it down, carry on? Shut it down, carry on?

What a dilemma! Mad
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:40 pm
Carry on
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:41 pm
I think you should add all avatars you want, and if someone should complain -- and I can't imagine why they would, because they use that image every time they post, so how could it possibly aggrieve them for their avatar image to be collected into one group with other posters (Note: I reserve the right to rethink this position if you post me next Cycloptichorn. Wink ), you could simply remove that avatar.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:42 pm
Reyn wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Well, I never did get complaints from the first one about avatars. Maybe it would be okay.

On the other hand, if folks really aren't interested, it makes no sense to carry on.

Shut it down, carry on? Shut it down, carry on? Shut it down, carry on?

What a dilemma! Mad

Right ... I didn't think there were any complaints about use of avatars. It was a concern with using their actual photos.

Carry on.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:49 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I think you should add all avatars you want, and if someone should complain -- and I can't imagine why they would, because they use that image every time they post, so how could it possibly aggrieve them for their avatar image to be collected into one group with other posters (Note: I reserve the right to rethink this position if you post me next Cycloptichorn. Wink ), you could simply remove that avatar.

Okay, you and 'trep' have convinced me. I think I'll carry on, but I will make an announcement that anyone who does not want to be included can at any time be asked to be removed every time I post an update.

How's that sound?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:50 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
(Note: I reserve the right to rethink this position if you post me next Cycloptichorn.

Who the heck is that????
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:55 pm
A contemporary of Tico's from the Political threads Razz
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 07:58 pm
Reyn wrote:
How's that sound?

Sounds like a plan.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:36:00