Looking for ringtones that don't suck

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 06:17 pm
I am searching for a melodic, mellow, soothing ringtone for my cell phone. The best I've found, so far is Paranoid from Black Sabbath. That's how bad the field is out there. Most ringtones have one or more of those eye-crossing tones in the melody. I realize that these tones/pitches are meant to be there so that you can hear your phone ring in the noisiest of atmospheres, but I can't take it!

So, anyone know a good site offering tones that don't register in the high end of the sound spectrum?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,670 • Replies: 14
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 08:59 pm
er, bump.

I am concerned about downloading ringtones from random websites. If I can't find a tone Ilike from my provider, how safe is it to download from the web? i don't use my cell for internet any thing (I don't think), and would rather not have anyone contacting me for sales or anything.

Help a ludite out?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 09:09 pm
Ok, what kinda phone ya got? Can it play mp3's? You got USBcable or mayhap a Bluetooth connection?
I got a simple "old phone" for everybody, 'xcept my boss...

when he calls I get

"mission impossible"

go figure...

I wanted my wife to have Maiden sound when I call her, didn't work.. the intros are waaay to long!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 09:21 pm
I have sabbath still. I want the theme to the pink panther.

I have no idea what my phone is capable of.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:46 pm
I want a ringtone that sounds like a phone ringing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:07 pm
Can we just go to random websites that sell ringtones? Will there be hell to pay for giving these people access to our numbers and such?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 08:09 am
Heliotrope wrote:
I want a ringtone that sounds like a phone ringing.

Hmmm................ My phone has a couple of those that came with the unit. Have you gone thru your phone's menu?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 08:30 am
A friend of mine has one of these very old ringtones
they had in the 40s and 50s. Sounds quite nice actually.

As for music: The classical tunes are still nice to hear,
like Beethoven's "For Eloise"

My cell phone actually just rings with the tone it came with.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 10:15 pm
The rings that come with my phone and which can be downloaded from my carrier all have a certain flat(?) tone that makes me cringe. I want a ring that sounds like music, not some squashed binary ding dong. My last phone had great ring choices.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:15 pm
My most soothing ring tone ever was Blue Oyster Cult, I'm Burning For You. The option off my phone provider was good, and it was the only thing I didn't get supe sick of after five calls.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:28 pm
littlek

What you can put on your phone varies widely from one phone to another. Post the brand and model of phone you have. Then we can find the info to help you out.

Some phones require that you have a cable to attach it to your computer to change ring tones. Some allow you to download them to the phone in other ways. Blue tooth or over the phone.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:37 pm
I must be the only person left on earth who would rather his phone ring like a phone.

Unless they offered "Right Stuff" by New Kids.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:40 pm
No, you're not the last. There is a select club of us. Unless of course I could have a snippet of Maria Callas at a high note..

or Paul Robeson.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:42 pm
I prefer a phone that sounds at least somewhat like a phone.

Waaaaaaaaay too many people here have ringtones that have them going "what's that?" and me responding "it's your phone".
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:25 pm
It's a Siemens. It's not that I can't find ring tones for it, I can. I just don't know if it's safe to send out my phone number to the variety of websites offering to sell me ring tones. I don't trust the unknown sites. I am looking for someone to tell me "Hey, yeah, I used www.xyz.com and they didn't sell my number to the whole of marketing world."
0 Replies