Crossword Puzzle Prizes

julksy

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:04 pm
I see there a quite a few Lovatt's crossword addicts here.
Just curious as to what prizes people have won by sending in their entries over the years.

I used to buy all the Lovatt's books but now I just buy the Big ( the DIY is my absolute favorite). Sometimes the Holiday Collection and I buy the Colossus just for the Cryptic. ( I'm still learning how to do those).

All in all I've sent many many many entries and I have won a $50 cheque for a Memory Lane puzzle. Funnily enough is is one of my least favorite puzzles. Laughing

Even tho I've only ever won a small prize, I love sending in my entries and I love the satifaction I get from completing a puzzle, even if I have to cheat a little sometimes....hehe

Has anyone else here won prizes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 685 • Replies: 1
No top replies

crisscross

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 10:14 pm
Hi julksy

I've been doing the Lovatt's puzzles for more years than I care to remember but have only won prizes in the last 4 years - 2 x $50.00 for the Colossus and last Friday, a $20.00 cheque arrived in my letterbox for Colossus 98.

The prizes are just the icing on the cake - it's the satisfaction of having completed a Stinker that I like.
0 Replies