The Podium of Solutions for the City of New Orleans

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 03:32 pm
<Steps up to the podium>

Due to the fact that it's only poor people left in New Orleans by now, and we all know they aren't worth saving, and will inevitably turn to violence and crime anyway (those poor people--they're like savages, I tell you!), I am making a two-pronged proposal to help control the situation.

I propose we build a fence around the city, call it a new Federal Prison for white collar crime, and airlift all the white collar criminals like Richard M. Scrushy, Ken Lay and all those Enron bandits over the city and drop them in the middle of flooded main street, New Orleans, so that the hungry hurricane survivors can have at them and use their fat asses to feed their families.

What? You don't like that idea? Well, screw you! At least I'm working towards a solution! If you're so smart, why don't you figure it out then!

<stomps away from the podium in a huff and leaves stage>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,366 • Replies: 101
No top replies

Lash

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 03:37 pm
Trying to come up with plan to help people--but until then, I do suggest we airdrop all the little rich kids, who call themselves anarchists right in the middle of what true anarchy really is.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 03:39 pm
OK. Drop floatable pallets of food, water, diapers, insulin in safer areas--and...

No. They'd kill each other over it.

<thinking>
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 03:53 pm
I say we all go shopping so we can help the people that will then need to be hired to make more goods and run the stores to sell them to us.

Yeah, let's all go shopping!

Quote:
According to Drudge, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has recently enjoyed a little Broadway entertainment. And Page Six reports that she's also working on her backhand with Monica Seles. So the Gulf Coast has gone all Mad Max, women are being raped in the Superdome, and Rice is enjoying a brief vacation in New York. We wish we were surprised.

What does surprise us: Just moments ago at the Ferragamo on 5th Avenue, Condoleeza Rice was seen spending several thousands of dollars on some nice, new shoes (we've confirmed this, so her new heels will surely get coverage from the WaPo's Robin Givhan). A fellow shopper, unable to fathom the absurdity of Rice's timing, went up to the Secretary and reportedly shouted, "How dare you shop for shoes while thousands are dying and homeless!" Never one to have her fashion choices questioned, Rice had security PHYSICALLY REMOVE the woman.

Angry Lady, whoever you are, we love you. You are a true American.
For anyone who still doesn't get it, let's talk for a moment about why this story matters.

The president, finally, has decided that the hurricane is a problem. He claims yesterday at 5pm, finally, that he's going to be devoting his entire administration to saving the lives of the people currently dying in this growing national disaster. And what does a top member of his cabinet do? She goes to a Broadway comedy and today is buying multi-thousand-dollar shoes on 5th Avenue at the same time CNN is showing dead grandmothers in wheelchairs abandoned on the streets of New Orleans.

This is more than just a cheap shot at Condi. What in the blazes is this woman doing at a Broadway show in the middle of a national emergency? This is akin to going to a Broadway show in the middle of September 11. Don't we expect the Secretary of State to work past 5pm on a day an entire American city is being wiped off the face of the planet? And shouldn't she be doing something else today than shopping at filthy rich stores on 5th Avenue? Could she be - oh, I don't know - working with foreign leaders, like the Mexicans, to see what immediate assistance they can offer to the neighbor?

New Orleans is ceasing to exist. What in God's name is Bush doing letting his secretary of state go on vacation in the middle of this?

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005/09/breaking-sec-of-state-condi-rice.html

Not making a judgement, so don't jump all over the messenger.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:01 pm
Jeez. Even Bush cut short his vacation to fly his helicopter over New Orleans.

What was Condi thinking?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:22 pm
BBB
It's too late for hurricane Katrina, but this could be done before the next one strikes:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58652&highlight=

BBB
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:26 pm
Kicky, come back! I, for one, like your idea. Let's hear more.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:33 pm
He went to buy some shoes, maybe attend a play.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:35 pm
>steps up<

if i were president right now, I would be scrambling for transportation funds .
I would offer free transportation to ANYONE who was willing to help. No questions asked.
I would be scrambling for houseing funds.
Rescue workers need shelter as do the victims.
If I had to , I would loot Walmart to put up the tents they have for sale.
I would demand a certain amount of building material from each homedepot in the area to help with building makeshift housing.
The money for that would be dedcuted from NASA.
Grocery stores would GIVE ME their produce and canned goods that didnt sell in the last 10 days.
Again.. deduct it from nasa. They can stay on the ground this year as far as I am concerned.
America has alot of disposable funds as I understand.. I would hire people to help clear debris and water.

>sigh<
so many things.. so little ideal world
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:37 pm
shewolf
Hey shewolf, don't stop there. You're on a roll!

Giving people jobs? Imagine that. Such a wise and practical idea.

BBB Smile
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:41 pm
Direction is exactly what they need. Busy hands, purpose, goals...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:45 pm
exactly.

If I as a rescure worker, president , or what have you , can NOT reach you to help you right now, I can be busting my ASS to prepare a safe place for you when i get to you.. alive or dead.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:47 pm
Hell, if I had all power, ( as a president )
I would be willing t o offer pardons to felons for working to help save these people.

Yes, millions of gallons of water are in the way of reaching some...
so instead of just sitting there, start shoveling.
F-K DRINK IT if you have to.. just get it out of the way.
Clear the rubble, start scouting out safe places for food drops, rescue tents etc..
Ill pardon your ass, just get it MOVING.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:51 pm
shewolf
Whew! shewolf, I wish you'd learn to express yourself more clearly.

You sound almost as pissed as I am at all the excuses being made by those in charge. It's hard for a life-long problem solver to develop some patience for bunglers.

Way to go, Gal!

BBB
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:53 pm
One well placed thermo-nuclear device and no more flooding, no more poverty, no more looters, no more malignancies. next stop, Baghdad. It's the Keep It Simple, Stupid method.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:53 pm
I am sort of pissed.
I am pissed that these simple solutions are not an option for what ever reason.
I am pissed that it seems to be ok to complain about the situation but not do anything.
I am pissed that this hurricaine has caused so much devistation and we have little to no resources to assist these people.

im pissed i cant do anything from where i stand.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:54 pm
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/09/01/national/a113705D26.DTL
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:56 pm
shewolf
shewolfnm wrote:
I am sort of pissed.
I am pissed that these simple solutions are not an option for what ever reason.
I am pissed that it seems to be ok to complain about the situation but not do anything.
I am pissed that this hurricaine has caused so much devistation and we have little to no resources to assist these people.

im pissed i cant do anything from where i stand.

All our piss is not in vain because it really pisses off Timber, lash and other Bush chauvinists.

Sorry about that, couldn't help myself---I'm so pissed.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:57 pm
why isnt greyhound offering their busses?
they have dozens not used, just repaird or stuck somewhere because they can not go to NO where their route ends.
Fund thepeoples transportation who will loose such because of these busses and get them to where they are needed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:59 pm
Bush actiually said on national TV that no one thought the levees would fail. Bullshit! There was talk about failing levees for days before the storm hit.

Pissed pissed pissed at so many people and so many missed oporunities to have made NO safer.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Podium of Solutions for the City of New Orleans
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 03:15:26