How do you get all of the moisturizer (or other body cream) from the bottom of plastic pump bottle?

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 09:06 am
After a level of moisturizer drops below that point where the inside tube/straw ain't going to cut it and with each pump, you the user gets diminishing returns. For a while, you can keep moving the tube around to get some (but not all of the moisturizer).

So? How do you get all of the moisturizer (or other body cream) from the bottom of a plastic pump bottle? Or do you just give up and throw the plastic container away - with the remaining ounces of hand or body cream? Because heck? No place will ever allow this plastic bottle to be properly recycled with any remaining substances in it.

For visual context:
https://imgur.com/p8XHCBH.jpg
https://imgur.com/o0jFfv3.jpg

I guess at one point, I could just cut the plastic bottle open and manually remove the hand cream in that fashion. With the likes of shampoo bottles, one can add water to the bottle (shake it up a bit) to get most - if not all of the remaining shampoo. That wouldn't be a good thing for moisturizer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 221 • Replies: 9

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
chai2

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 09:25 am
@tsarstepan,
Really?

Turn the bottle over and let it drip into an empty jelly jar overnight
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 09:29 am
@chai2,
Too thick of a viscous substance. Turning it upside down just shows the moisturizer remain in its place. But I'll keep it over night as you suggest.
glitterbag
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 01:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
Run the bottle over with hot water before you place it in a jar/cup.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 01:07 pm
@glitterbag,
This sounds promising. I'll give this a try.
steve reid

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 01:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
Cut a slot near the top and drop coins in
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 01:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Don't buy those top-lidded bottles. I buy the ones with the lid on the bottom so I'm not shaking the thing so much.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 01:25 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Don't buy those top-lidded bottles. I buy the ones with the lid on the bottom so I'm not shaking the thing so much.

I guess ultimately this is the right answer. Trader Joes does have a smaller - different kind of hand moisturizer - in a squeezable (not pump based) container.
Mame

Reply Tue 14 May, 2024 05:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
IKR? We can send a man to the moon and hack governments around the world, but we can't fix something as simple as a squeeze bottle.

FYI, Tsar, I saw a guy on youtube use his whole arm to swing his ketchup bottle (top down) around a couple of times and the ketchup all went to the top. Hold it upside down and do a huge swing - centrifugal force? Anyway, it works - I did it with mine.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Mon 20 May, 2024 10:07 am
@tsarstepan,
I saw something like this on shark tank - you use the spatty

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/517aSPMZj1L._SX679_.jpg

They come in a variety of sizes so you should be able to use it for moisturizer bottles.

0 Replies