Happy St David's Day. Doing anything Welsh?

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 11:49 am
It could be daffodil related or dragon .

Or you might like to tuck into leeks or lava bread.

Or Welsh Rarebit.

Or Anthony Hopkins

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 12:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Does it count as cultural appropriation for an American from New England to celebrate St David's Day?
Mame

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 01:16 pm
@izzythepush,
I had Welsh Sponge Cake once (in Wales) and it was so good, I hunted down the recipe and pans and made it. Maybe I'll make one... Pass on the lava bread... Welsh Rarebit isn't all it's cracked up to be... Anthony Hopkins ... I'd love to have a conversation with him.

It's snowing again Sad
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 01:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
You've got room for a bit of Wales.

You're big enough.

I live in Hampshire, New Hampshire is over six times the size.

And Jersey isn't even England it's the Channel Islands, well posh playground for tax avoiding millionaire arseholes.

And New Mexico? Well that's just daft.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 01:33 pm
@Mame,
My dil keeps excitedly reading out reports of snow expected to hit Britain, but it's always Scotland, North Wales and NorthEngland, never the South Coast.

It's raining again. It's been raining a lot recently.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 01:36 pm
@Mame,
While we're talking about size, about fifteen miles away in the New Forest there's a village called Canada.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 02:09 pm
@izzythepush,
I tried to find recordings of Gaenor Howells but had no luck. I used to love to listen to her voice.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2024 06:41 pm
Yeah, I'm going to string long chains of words together and tell the tourists it's traditional town names.
0 Replies