Why Do We Have So Many Guests?

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:31 pm
Have you ever checked out the Forum Index? I just realized there's a kajillion guests on there. Why do we have so many guests? It's not even the holidays.

If they like us, why don't they register and become members of A2K?

I guess they'd rather sit around on our A2K couch, watch our A2K TV, drink our A2K beer, and raid our A2K refrigerator. Instead of becoming a member and doing some of the work around here.

Hmmm....(sitting with ears perked up to see if I can hear what guests are doing.....).....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,571 • Replies: 43
No top replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:33 pm
Oh! Another thing -- I found an empty pizza box on our A2K coffee table the other night. I'm betting those guests left it there.

Well, I threw it away -- but I'm not gonna make a habit of cleaning up after them...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:35 pm
Craven answered this at some point but I'm too rushed slash lazy to look it up -- something about bots or spiders (like, automated programs that search the web to index things for Google and such).
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:38 pm
Well, that's a good explanation, sozobe.

But I'll bet some of them are just hanging around and....watching us! Shocked
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:41 pm
That too!

We have lotsa new members who say variations of "well I lurked for [time period] and then I finally decided to join..." And they're just the ones who DO end up joining.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:42 pm
everyone better put on their tinfoil hats..
we have been discovered..
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:25 pm
what the hell are guest?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:41 pm
Guests are people who arrive just before Xmas dinner, scoff all of one's grub, sleep in your favourite chair all afternoon whilst farting profusely, and then bugger off before the dishes are washed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:46 pm
Guests, like fish, begin to stink after three days.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:49 pm
Good morrow, Set......I am just making toast and coffee, so that I can take it back to bed. Lady E and I will then spend a civilised hour or so, reading the Sunday papers.

How goes it with you?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:51 pm
Well, it's almost 2:00 a.m. here, and my morrow is miserable. I have trouble sleeping just a present due to a physical condition, so i am reduced to conversing with folks from Oz and Merry Olde . . . oh, the indignity . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:52 pm
That's just the pits, Set!!!!! Shocked
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:53 pm
Sorry to hear that, mate. Hope it's not too serious.

<By the way, if you want to wind up some Aussies, just ask them how the cricket is going>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:53 pm
You start your brawls, and i'll start mine . . . i've been scrapping with an Ozzian in the "intelligent design" thread . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:58 pm
There, too!!!! Shocked

Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:00 am
I asked Our Dear Wabbit in that thread about Ozzian fundamentalists, but she seems not to be online at the moment . . . do you have many of them? Are they entertained in polite society? In short, would you have one as a guest?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:08 am
They must exist, Set, but damned if one ever crossed my path! (Touch wood!) The closest to fundamental believers I'm aware of here are the Right To Lifers. (Quite active! Mad ) But I know that's not what you mean. Would I have a full on fundamentalist as a guest? To my home, you mean? Of course not!!! You think I'm crazy or something? Laughing Life is too short & we'd have nothing in common! Besides, things could get nasty! :wink:
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:12 am
Setanta wrote:
so i am reduced to conversing with folks from Oz and Merry Olde . . . oh, the indignity . . .

try conversing with some French...or will it be even more indignant?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:14 am
Je suis pas pris d'orgueil . . . veux-tu cauer un peu?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:16 am
Oui, pourquoi pas?

Alors, t'as un problème de sommeil?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why Do We Have So Many Guests?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:53:55