Rapper (Tupac Shakur) talks (Donald Trump) & (Greed) in America in 1992 interview.

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2024 11:15 pm
Rapper Tupac talks Donald Trump & Greed in America in 1992 interview.

Rapper Tupac Shakur passionately explains his views on generosity and responsibility,
traits he feels some people with extreme wealth like Donald Trump lack,
in this MTV News clip from 1992.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 505 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2024 02:15 am
More of Tupac's 1992 interview on Christmas, poverty and racism.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2024 09:46 pm
'The South Got Something To Say': Georgia Democrats Lean On Hip Hop To Boost Voter Turnout.

Published Dec 31, 2020

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2024 08:54 pm
(Biden) campaign enlists Jermaine Dupri, Ludacris for
“Get Out The Vote” Ads

Published October 4, 2020

Quote:
Joe Biden’s presidential campaign has tapped Ludacris, Monica, Jermaine Dupri and Jeezy to record “Get Out The Vote” ads focusing on Black voters in battleground states.

“It is really really important to make sure people don’t sit at home,” Dupri tells The Hollywood Reporter. “There are a lot of people I know that are still on the fence about voting, period.”

The 60-second ads will run on radio and on digital in key battleground states, with the talent imploring listeners or viewers to vote.

“If you’ve been out marching in these streets, exercise your rights. You now need to exercise you right to vote,” Ludacris says in one of the ads.

At the same time the campaign has also been expanding its “Shop Talk” discussion series, which aims to address the challenges facing Black men across the country. Panelists have included Dupri, actor Terrence J and Don Cheadle, among others.

“If there wasn’t a pandemic in place, the campaign would be in barbershops across the country, we would be there in person, talking to people, touching people’s hands, and having this dialogue,” Terrence J tells THR, adding that the dialogues the campaign put together are the next best thing. “For me, these conversations are incredible.”

“Our campaign is focused on meeting voters where they are with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’ message to build back better,” says the campaign’s director of strategic communications Kamau Marshall. “These events and new GOTV ads with various influencers reach a critical audience of Black voters that we’re hoping to turn out this election.”

Ultimately, the goal with both the ad campaign and Shop Talk effort is about getting voters to the polls. The celebrity supporters of the campaign seem happy to help however they can.

“We need all we can get to change the narrative, to change the situation of the United States of America,” says singer-songwriter Anthony Hamilton. “I want to be as loud as I can, as visible as I can. Whether it be speaking, singing, whatever I can do to bring people to a comfortable spot of acceptance.”

Dupri says that he was impressed by how seriously Biden is taking his outreach to the Black community recalling a meeting he took with the former vice president after the Democratic primary debate held at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta.

“He really wants to hear what we have to say. He came to the meeting with a pad and a pencil. He didn’t come to the meeting acting like he’s the boss, or the president,” Dupri says.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/biden-campaign-enlists-jermaine-dupri-ludacris-for-get-out-the-vote-ads-4071094/#!
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2024 09:38 pm
The Black vote in America with Jermaine Dupri.

Jermaine Dupri talks about the importance of the Black man’s vote in the upcoming election. History shows the results yielded from Black men not showing up for Hillary Clinton in 2016 like they did for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Jermaine give his opinions on why he thinks Joe Biden deserves the Black vote, and why his equity plan, Black agenda and Sen. Harris as VP are all examples of ways to continue to earn Black men’s vote.

Published Sep 13, 2020

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2024 09:55 pm
Donald Trump used T.I.’s ‘Whatever You Like’ to slam Joe Biden
and T.I. is not happy.

Published May 28, 2020

Quote:
Despite artists from across the spectrum voicing their complaints every time Donald Trump misappropriates their music to serve his political ambitions, the man just can’t seem to shake the habit. The latest musician he’s incensed with his unauthorized use is T.I., who reacted harshly to the former television host’s anti-Joe Biden jingle repurposing T.I.’s 2008 mega-hit “Whatever You Like.”

Trump, who loves reposting videos and memes that show support for him and/or derision of his opponents — no matter what the source — posted the video to his Snapchat Story. The lyrics of the song are swapped out on-screen, attacking Trump’s presumed opponent for the 2020 Presidential election. “I don’t want Joe Biden,” the lyrics read, upending the original lyrics, “I want yo’ body, need yo’ body.”

Through representatives, T.I. issued a statement decrying the misuse of his track. It reads, “The video distorts lyrics from his #1 charting song by misrepresenting the lyrics through text language and distortion of his recorded voice. It goes without saying, that T.I. would not in any way ever support the divisive policies and destructive propaganda of Trump. The people of our country deserve far better than this.” The statement is pretty consistent with T.I.’s prior protests against Trump’s rhetoric and supporters.

Of course, the most distressing bit of the above story might be that Donald Trump still uses Snapchat, but considering how he uses Twitter, it’s probably best that he never figured out Instagram Stories — or God forbid, TikTok.

Listen to T.I.’s hit song “Whatever You Like” above.

https://uproxx.com/music/t-i-donald-trump-whatever-you-like-joe-biden-ad/
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2024 10:03 pm
1. It's been my own observation that the hip hop community has a special connection with black men.

2. Especially younger black men in their 20's, 30's, and even in their 40's.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2024 10:16 am
Here is a "Vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, Get out the Vote" ad,
featuring rapper Ludacris, leading up
to the 2020 election.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2024 11:24 am
'One opportunity': Eminem endorses Biden
with powerful 'Lose Yourself' ad

Published November 3, 2020

Quote:
Eminem has officially endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden by approving the use of his signature hit, "Lose Yourself", in a new campaign ad.

Released on the eve of Election Day, the 45-second ad is titled "One Opportunity" and advocates for voter turnout by featuring black-and-white footage of everyday Americans standing in line to vote. Those scenes are interspersed with clips of Biden and his running mate, Kamala Harris, campaigning in Eminem's home state of Michigan. It's all soundtracked by the rapper's Oscar-winning song, which appeared in the 2002 movie 8 Mile.

While sharing the video on Twitter, Mr Biden referenced the song's lyrics by writing, "We have one shot. One opportunity. One moment."

Eminem echoed the presidential hopeful by tweeting the video alongside the caption, "One opportunity… #Vote."

Eminem has been outspoken about his political beliefs over the years, whether criticising then-president George W Bush in the 2004 song "Mosh" or attacking Donald Trump in various records. At the 2017 BET Awards, the Detroit rapper dedicated an entire five-minute freestyle diss to the president, rapping, "Any fan of mine who's a supporter of his / I'm drawing in the sand a line / You're either for or against / And if you can’t decide who you like more in your split / Or who you should stand beside / I'll do it for you with this / F— you."

The Biden ad marks the first time Eminem has licensed one of his songs to a political candidate, and one of only a few instances in which the 48-year-old artist has granted clearance for any type of outside use of his music. He joins a growing list of music superstars who have publicly endorsed Biden, including Beyoncé, Lady Gaga and Bruce Springsteen.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/eminem-endorses-joe-biden-lose-yourself-ad-b1542609.html
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2024 11:39 am
Published November 3, 2020

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2024 11:15 pm
How hip-hop's relationship with mental health has evolved | Soul of a Nation

Coi Leray, Joey Bada$$, Styles P, Master P and Charlamagne discuss how hip-hop was an outlet to cope with stress, trauma and PTSD long before mental health was cool to talk about.

Published June 20, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2024 11:02 am
Central Park Five (exoneree) not expecting apology from Trump.

Published February 12, 2018

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 07:14 pm
Published February 29, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2024 09:39 am
Exonerated 'Central Park 5' member reads letter sent to him after Trump's infamous 1989 ad.

Yusef Salaam, an exonerated member of the Central Park Five and a New York City councilman, speaks with CNN’s Kaitlan Collins about his experience decades ago when former President Donald Trump publicly targeted him.

March 29, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2024 12:49 pm
The Beat with Ari Melber hits a billion streams, featuring artists & icons for the culture.

As the U.S. faces ongoing political turmoil and a surge in civic participation and voter turnout, MSNBC anchor Ari Melber marks a rare milestone in TV news -- a billion streams for The Beat with Ari Melber.” The milestone is a “notable feat for a cable news program,” as CNN’s Reliable Sources reports. MSNBC marks the occasion with a highlight reel of the show’s five years on air. (This is an excerpt of the segment that aired.)

Published January 18, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 01:35 pm
'Not just numbers or policy': John Legend shares his personal connection to criminal justice reform.

John Legend sits down with Jen Psaki to discuss his work in criminal justice reform.

Published April 21, 2024

0 Replies