A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable.

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2023 06:53 am
That comment, "A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable" is part of the title of an essay in today's Washington Post by Robert Kagan.

Here is a link to it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-robert-kagan/

It may be behind a paywall. Sorry if you cannot read it. Sorry that every person in the United States does not read it.

Just a few quotes:

“Like people on a riverboat we have long known there is a waterfall ahead but assume we will somehow find our way to shore before we go over the edge. But now the actions required to get us to shore are looking harder and harder, if not downright impossible.”

"If an asteroid were hurtling toward Earth, would we not try everything we could to stop it? Even if those things required sacrifice? Even if they might not work?"

"...we continue to drift toward dictatorship, still hoping for some intervention that will allow us to escape the consequences of our collective cowardice, our complacent, willful ignorance and, above all, our lack of any deep commitment to liberal democracy. As the man said, we are going out not with a bang but a whimper."

izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2023 07:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
And what has Biden done to alieviate it?

Over 70% of Americans think he's too old to stand.

Last election there was a big song and dance made about him being a place keeper president, serving one term and making sure his likely replacements have plenty of experience.

He's done none of that, he's done the opposite marginalising his VP to the point she's almost irrelevant.

And in the ME he's taken Israel's side without question and is enabling the ongoing genocide of the Palestinian people without comment.

No Arab American who values their own life would be stupid enough to vote for him.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2023 05:16 am
@izzythepush,
Now I know how Isaiah felt.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2023 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Muslim community leaders gathered on Saturday in Dearborn, Michigan, home to the largest concentration of Arab Americans in the US, to protest President Biden’s refusal to call for a ceasefire in Gaza, reiterating that the president’s stance could affect his support in crucial swing states next year.

Jaylani Hussein, director of the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said that Biden’s unwillingness to call for a ceasefire had damaged his relationship with the American-Muslim community beyond repair.

“We are not powerless as American Muslims. We are powerful. We don’t only have the money, but we have the actual votes. And we will use that vote to save this nation from itself,” Hussein said. “Families and children are being wiped out with our tax dollars,” he added. “What we are witnessing today is the tragedy upon tragedy.”

After Israel resumed its bombing offensive on the territory after a five-day pause, the health ministry said 15,200 Palestinians, roughly two-thirds of them women and minors, have been killed thus far. Israel’s air and ground strikes began after Hamas militants killed 1,200 Israelis and took around 240 hostage in a cross-border attack on 7 October.

From behind a lectern that read “Abandon Biden, ceasefire now”, leaders from Michigan, Minnesota, Arizona, Wisconsin, Florida, Georgia, Nevada and Pennsylvania issued similar warnings that the president could not afford to lose the support of the Arab-American community in states critical to his chances for re-election.

A recent poll showed Biden’s support among Arab Americans has plunged from a comfortable majority in 2020 to 17%.

Dearborn is home to the highest concentration of Arab Americans in a state that has the highest number, 211,405 , and the highest percentage of Arab Americans, at 2.1%. Biden won by Michigan in to 2020 by 2.8% of the vote. Arab Americans account for 5% of the vote, according to the Arab American Institute.

In Wisconsin, where there are 25,000 Muslim voters, Biden won by about 20,000 votes, Tarek Amin, a doctor representing the state’s Muslim community, said.

In Arizona, where Biden won by around 10,500 votes, there are over 25,000 Muslim voters according to the US Immigration Policy Center at the University of California San Diego, said Phoenix pharmacist Hazim Nasaredden.

About 3.45 million Americans identify as Muslim, or 1.1% of the country’s population, and the demographic tends to lean Democratic, according to Pew Research Center. Like Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania are also home to significant Arab-American populations and critical to Biden’s re-election mathematics.

The #AbandonBiden campaign began in Minnesota in October and has since spread to at least five other states represented at the conference.

“The anger in our community is beyond belief,” Hussein, who is Muslim, told the Associated Press. “One of the things that made us even more angry is the fact that most of us actually voted for President Biden. I even had one incident where a religious leader asked me: ‘How do I get my 2020 ballot so I can destroy it?’”

While the Biden administration has resisted pressure to call for a permanent halt in fighting, and continues significant weapons transfers to Israel, senior officials are going further in expressing their discomfort with the high level of civilian casualties.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the US has provided Israel with 100 BLU-109, 2,000-pound bunker busters included in a transfer package of around 15,000 bombs and 57,000 artillery shells since 7 October.

On Saturday, US vice-president Kamala Harris said that while the US supports Israel’s “legitimate military objectives” in Gaza, the suffering of the civilian population inside the enclave has been too high.

“Too many innocent Palestinians have been killed. Frankly, the scale of civilian suffering, and the images and videos coming from Gaza are devastating,” Harris said at a press conference in Dubai. “It is truly heartbreaking.”

At a meeting with the Egyptian president, Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, Harris also said that Washington will not allow for the forced relocation of Palestinians or any redrawing of the current border of the Gaza Strip.

“Under no circumstances will the United States permit the forced relocation of Palestinians from Gaza or the West Bank, the besiegement of Gaza, or the redrawing of the borders of Gaza,” Harris said, according to a read-out of the meeting.

Against a backdrop of pro-Palestinian protest in the US, Muslim leaders gathered in Dearborn said Biden or likely Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump were not their only choices next year, and they could choose to sit out the election.

“We don’t have two options. We have many options. And we’re going to exercise that,” Cair’s Hussein said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/03/muslim-leaders-swing-states-abandon-biden-campaign

You can vote this down but you can't vote down reality.

Biden has lost the Arab vote and it may well cost him the Whitehouse.

Don't say you weren't warned.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2023 11:53 am
@izzythepush,
At least the Ostrich vote is holding up.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 06:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Quote:
Against a backdrop of pro-Palestinian protest in the US, Muslim leaders gathered in Dearborn said Biden or likely Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump were not their only choices next year, and they could choose to sit out the election.

“We don’t have two options. We have many options. And we’re going to exercise that,” Cair’s Hussein said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/03/muslim-leaders-swing-states-abandon-biden-campaign

You can vote this down but you can't vote down reality.

Biden has lost the Arab vote and it may well cost him the Whitehouse.

Don't say you weren't warned.

ANYONE WHO REALIZES THAT TRUMP'S ELECTION WOULD BE A TRAGEDY FOR AMERICA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD...and who for whatever reason thinks the "alternative" of just sitting out the election is a reasonable way of dealing with not-voting for Trump...is kidding him/herself.
Every one of the people doing that IS helping Trump.

Fact is, it doesn't matter how many fringe candidates run...or how many other perceived options are available...there are only two options. Either the candidate of the Democratic Party or the candidate of the Republican Party will be elected. For a person who sees the danger of a Trump vote...a withheld vote is every bit as much a betrayal of America and the world as a vote for Trump.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 06:13 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Now I know how Isaiah felt.

Quote:
At least the Ostrich vote is holding up.

What the hell are these comments supposed to mean?
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 07:08 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

And what has Biden done to alieviate it?

Over 70% of Americans think he's too old to stand.

Last election there was a big song and dance made about him being a place keeper president, serving one term and making sure his likely replacements have plenty of experience.

He's done none of that, he's done the opposite marginalising his VP to the point she's almost irrelevant.

And in the ME he's taken Israel's side without question and is enabling the ongoing genocide of the Palestinian people without comment.

No Arab American who values their own life would be stupid enough to vote for him.

He's been quietly doing his job, that's what he's doing.

Yeah, the dude is old as dirt, but still makes effect policies. Until he doesn't I'm still with him.

One term or two, doesn't matter. He's still better than an orange-faced criminal.

I'm not sure what you have against black females in power, but that says more about you than it does anything else.

And as a reminder, the Israeli people duly elected their leader, And as I remember, Nosferatu survived a recall and was reelected again. Part of diplomacy is getting along with allies, even if they're akin to the leader of the ME KKK.

As much as you may detest Biden, fine, you don't even live here,

So... Nice rant, dude,
izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 07:33 am
@neptuneblue,
Either you're incredibly obtuse or you've deliberately misinterpreted my post.

I was complaing about Harris being marginalised by Biden which is the exact opposite of complaining about black women in power.

The fact that you need to resort to such underhand tactics says everything about you.

I don't have a vote in your election, but Arab Americans do, and if you read the articles I posted you'd realise they are actively working to stop a Biden 0residency.

And you're a crusader who went to the Middle East to butcher Iraqis so why would anyone pay any attentionmto a war criminal like you?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 07:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
It means that instead of working towards a Biden victory you're attacking those who tell you why that will be problematic.

Never mind if Trump wins, you can blame me and wash your hands of any responsibility.

It must be me controllong all of those Arab Americans it's not like they can think for themselves or are at all angry about Biden's contempt for )alestinian lives.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 07:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
You're helping Trump.

Your attitude of berating, instead of reaching out to, those who have decided not to support Biden is helping Trump.

Take your head out of the ******* sand.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 07:47 am
@izzythepush,
Wow, that's just... Really awful.

Slamming a vet? Really?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 07:58 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
As much as you may detest Biden, fine, you don't even live here,

Your occupying troops are stationed here though which means I am affected by America's genocidal adventures.

Salvador Allende was democratically elected until America put Pinochet in power.

Mohammed Mosaddegh was democratically elected until America put the Shah in power.

I could go on, so don't pretend you give a **** about democracy.

And it's Netanyahu, not Nosferatu, if it was any other poster I would have supected irony, but you don't appear to have any concept of the word.

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 08:08 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah for Izzy! GO IZZY go! IZZY The Crusader!

Get a grip dude.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 08:15 am
@neptuneblue,
You're a vet in America, over here you're nothing.

I respect our soldiers, not foreign occupying troops.

Get out of our country.

I saw what you did in the illegal war in Iraq.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 08:17 am
@neptuneblue,
You are quite thick.

Your use of spellcheck, nosferatu/netanyahu speaks volumes.

The crusaders went to the ME to kill Muslims.

That's what you did.

I stayed over here.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 08:45 am
@izzythepush,
Ok, Izzy, just what is this?

You're making a scene out of... Trump getting re-elected?

Yeah, oh bright one, that IS a possibility in a democracy where the people vote for leadership. I'm not all that sure what you're more afraid of - - a Trump reelection of a continuation of a Biden one.

Yes, the U.S. has "issues" but every country does. You're attacking me for absolutely NO reason. Hey, if that makes you relax then so be it.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 09:22 am
@neptuneblue,
Quickly change the subject and act like you know what's going on.

Nobody's making a scene.

Frank lamented the likelihood of a Trump dictatorship.

I set out measures why and what could be done to stop it, and you all lost the bloody plot.

If Biden wants to win Michigan he needs to reach out to Arab Americans and he's doing the opposite.

He has marginalised Kamala Harris. She's had as much presence as Dan Quale, now near as much Dick Cheney or even Biden himself when he was Obama's president.

And he's doing the opposite of what he indicated he'd do re standing a second term.

All these things add up.

If Trump wins it will be because of people like you who'd rather shoot the messenger and stick their heads in the sand.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 10:02 am
@izzythepush,
You're hardly a messenger and I'm not sticking my head in the sand.

Trump has a very large following and Biden just barely scraped by with a win. No one who voted for Biden will suddenly have a change of heart and say, "Yeah, Trump's my guy!!" It just doesn't work like that. Throwing their vote to a 3rd party is always a losing strategy but people vote their way and I don't have to like it.

I think your view on Harris is extremely misguided. She has a prosecutorial background, not a statesman with YEARS of political experience. Most vice president are groomed under two terms before seeking a presidency on their own. You see what you want to see but she's hardly invisible.

Yes, Biden needs to work on certain segments but so does Trump. You're writing off the good guy. I'm not sure why you're doing that.

And Izzy, you personally attacked me for my military service. That's wrong.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2023 10:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It means that instead of working towards a Biden victory you're attacking those who tell you why that will be problematic.

Telling us that Biden's victory will be problematic is like telling us that we ought really to drink some water each day. It is common knowledge. We all realize there are problems for Biden...and most of us ARE working toward a Biden victory.

Quote:
Never mind if Trump wins, you can blame me and wash your hands of any responsibility.

You are not important enough to blame. You seem to think that you are sharing a thought none of us have...that the next election may be won be either candidate. We all know that. You do yourself a dishonor for thinking that your "revelations" are special or particularly erudite.

Quote:
it must be me controllong all of those Arab Americans it's not like they can think for themselves or are at all angry about Biden's contempt for )alestinian lives.

Get off your pompous bullshit, Izzy. Yes, Palestinians and Arab Americans are angry about some aspects of the way Joe Biden dealt with this problem. I AM ANGRY ABOUT SOME ASPECTS OF THE WAY JOE BIDEN DEALT WITH THIS PROBLEM.

But you supposing you are making some incredible revelation by sharing **** that is discussed by goddam near everyone in this country IS bullshit.

Were you actually expecting people to react to your diatribe by saying, "Oh, my...I never thought of any of that. It is brilliant, Izzy. Thanks so much for enlightening us?"

1. Forums
  2. » A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 05:12:40