XM Radio/ Great, but their Customer Service Stinks!

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:54 am
A couple of months ago, my husband and I bought two new cars. The cars came with a three month trial version of XM (satellite) radio. From the first listening I was hooked.

We decided to purchase a subscription to start after the trial period. We called customer service, and attempted to set the subscription up. Without going into gory details, we have been on the phone for over a half hour, three days in a row, attempting to fix the bookkeeping screwups. There were mistakes everywhere. When we straightened one out, another one emerged. It is very frustrating.

I discussed this with my son, who also has XM. He has had a similar experience with the company. Obviously, their customer service department is not one of the companies' great strengths! Evil or Very Mad

Have any of you had a similar experience with XM?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,465 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:45 am
I do not believe the screw-ups that I have been having with XM. I am still on the phone with them. Apparently, every time that they attempt to correct a situation, another mistake is made.

How the hell do they run a business?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 08:11 pm
Huh ... I've been an XM listener - and big fan -since early in its beta period. I've never had a "Customer Service" issue; in fact, since the beta ended and they went public subscription, the only 2-way contact I've had with XM has been to add receivers to my account, and that's always gone smoothly. In fact, its all been done over the web, with no 'phone contact at all. Haven't noticed any complaints on the newsgroups or forums, either. What you've got going on there is wierd.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 04:40 am
timber- Oh puhleez. It still is not straightened out. I finally got a hold of someone, who sent me an E Mail verifying the correct E Mail address and password............................and when I attempted to access the "Listener care" site, I got an error message, again. I give up!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:08 am
Bummer ... That'd sure piss me off, too, but I've never experienced anything like what you've described, nor have I seen any chatter about poor customer service on the A/V forums or newsgroups. All I can say is "Wierd".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 03:19 pm
Update- I finally found someone who got me into XM's "Listener Care" website.

THEY GOT THE BLANKETY BLANK BILLING WRONG TOO, AFTER WE STRAIGHTENED IT OUT A HALF DOZEN TIMES. Evil or Very Mad

I tell you, if the service was not so good, I would tell them to shove it. This entire episode is beyond absurd.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 03:05 pm
Well, keep your fingers crossed, kids. I finally got to someone eho appeared to know what she is doing. She admitted to me that the account was set up incorrectly from the getgo. And guess what?? The absolutely incorrect charges that were on my account were removed.

You think that maybe the account has been straightened out, or is that too much for me to ask? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 06:21 am
Update- I think that I got the account straightened out. I see some changes on my account page on the net. Fine and dandy.

This morning I attempted to get into my online XM radio, and was informed that it was disconnected. I called them, (again), and finally found that I would have to register again. Okey dokey. I reregistered, and the radio is on.

I hope that this is the end of it. I think that in the last week, I have been on the phone with XM at least a dozen times.

Still think that it is a great service.............but if you get it, be prepared to jump through hoops! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 12:44 am
I have both XM and Serius. I did notice that the Serius rep was a little friendlier when I hooked up.
0 Replies