Yevgeny Prigozhin apparently on plane shot down just outside Moscow.

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 11:46 am

Ten killed in private jet crash north of Moscow - Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin 'on passenger list'

thack45

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 11:54 am
It's times like this I really hope I'm wrong in my atheistic assumptions Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 12:39 pm
Vladimir Rogov, an employee of the Russian-appointed occupation administration in the Zaporizhzhya region, wrote on Telegram that Prigozhin's death had been confirmed to him by members of the Wagner troops. Wagner commander Dmitry Utkin had also died. "Just spoke to outstanding 'musicians'," Rogov writes. "Musicians" or "orchestra" are nicknames of the Wagner troupe.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 12:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
If it turns out to be true that the private jet really was shot down, it would be a murder of the insurgent, the ultimate revenge and deterrent for all those who harbour coup thoughts in Russia.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 02:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's difficult to comprehend how Prigozhin could have trusted Putin after the former's insurgency. Prigozhin would have been a dead man anyhow, had he stayed in Belarus or any other country that would have taken him in. It would have bought him just a little more time.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 03:43 pm
Not a bad way to go, all in all... blown to smithereens in an instant rather than jailed and tortured or thrown out of a window. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 08:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It is unconfirmed that he died. Many subterfuge with many name changes to scatter his name all about. The key thing is that his body has not been identified yet.
Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 08:44 pm
@Ragman,
A Body double is suspected.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2023 10:30 am
According to variuos news websites, Putin has broken his silence on the death of Yevgeny Prigozhin.
He n send his condolences to the victims of Wednesday's plane crash, describing Prigozhin as a "talented businessman".
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2023 10:35 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

A Body double is suspected.

I mean... that literally was my first thought.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2023 02:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
If it was a body double, the real body better find a terrific hiding place 2 weeks ago. Also he shouldn't think it's really a safe hiding place, if he wants to be able to hide. But, he's Russian, he knows this better than anybody.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2023 04:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Unfortunately (for YP), he’s a goner. Too many reports seem to indicate he’s dead. I thought it would have been clever of Russia to make false reports as a ploy to flush him out.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2023 01:48 am
Wagner Group boss Yevgeny Prigozhin is thought to have died in a plane crash. While the details remain vague, what is clear is that those who dare to criticize Russian President Vladimir Putin live dangerously.

The long list of Putin critics targeted by the Kremlin
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2023 12:19 pm
It was an aerial adjustment.* Doublespeak, Putin style.

*When I was a child, we would get up on the roof and adjust the aerial for better tv reception.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2023 12:56 pm
Prigozhin should have never taken a window seat.
Mame

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2023 01:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I wouldn't have gone anywhere with him given the situation. Sorry for the others on board. He was a target.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2023 02:01 pm
@Mame,
He pushed his luck.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2023 05:19 am

Prigozhin confirmed dead after genetic tests
(bbc)
gollum

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2023 04:22 pm
@Region Philbis,
Could Ukraine now persuade what remains of the Wagner Group and/or its former members to switch sides and support Ukraine?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2023 12:20 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

Could Ukraine now persuade what remains of the Wagner Group and/or its former members to switch sides and support Ukraine?

Oh, wow! I love the idea.

Sounds like very long odds against...but if it could be pulled off, it would be a coup of cosmic proportions. Putin would never survive the fall-out from that kind of thing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Yevgeny Prigozhin apparently on plane shot down just outside Moscow.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 02:49:39