Ethical question about our Baker's Dozen thread and prompts

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2023 09:50 am
I was going to put up 13 Famous People on the Autism/Asperger's Spectrum on our current word game, Baker's Dozen, but am uncomfortable about the prospect of having names of past celebrities who were SUSPECTED and never diagnosed on the spectrum.

Is it ethical or appropriate to assume that someone who was never officially diagnosed on the spectrum? Or is it better for autism/Asperger's spectrum awareness to have more people (of higher public status) to be possibly seen thusly?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,242 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
P E Dant

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2023 06:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
This is a question to ponder Stepan!

(a) I was going to put up 13 Famous People on the Autism/Asperger's Spectrum on our current word game, Baker's Dozen, but am uncomfortable about the prospect of having names of past celebrities who were SUSPECTED and never diagnosed on the spectrum.

Assumptions have a habit of ...

This next part, however, would suit admirably for a 'BD' topic

(b) Or is it better for autism/Asperger's spectrum awareness to have more people (of higher public status) to be possibly seen thusly?

Provided always that the diagnosis is public and 'owned'!

A person like Tonald Drump would have a lot to learn from being diagnosed; for instance, you could probably add ADHD and several other letters to his list

That is one great question Stepan!
BillW

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2023 06:36 pm
@P E Dant,
But, he has been indicted -
0 Replies

fobvius

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2023 07:24 am
@tsarstepan,
How about a Baker's Dozen of the greatest ethical dilemmas that will ever confront this planet's inhabitants.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2023 02:47 pm
I did manage to get the following character into the latest Baker's Dozen round. If any character was on the autism spectrum, he could qualify. Can't say it's canon but someone on Reddit has created a thread pushing this theory.

Saiki Kusuo from The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (2016-2018)
https://imgur.com/i5L7apH.jpg
0 Replies

coluber2001
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2023 01:32 pm
You could always limit it to fictional characters. That way you don't step on any toes, and it doesn't erode into a political hate contest.
0 Replies