MACMILLAN CANCER RELIEF CHARITY QUIZ

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 01:37 am
Question Hi everybody,
I am doing a charity quiz, and am really stuck on lots of pictures, i know i can't put them on here, but if anybody else is doing the quiz, can they give me some clues please, i like to work the answers out for myself, so clues only. They are for pictures numbered 76-95, i have done severel but easier just to ask for any of them!!
Thanks a bunch to anybody that can help. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,769 • Replies: 20
No top replies

justaclue

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 01:38 am
I meant to say that this is a quiz running in Britain!!
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 02:07 am
Have sent you a PM justaclue, hope it helps Very Happy
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 12:10 pm
Yes thanks i have read that, and will have a look there. As a newbie i don't think i can yet do a PM.
I am still finding my way around.
0 Replies

andyw

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 11:53 am
Which answers do you need?
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 01:14 pm
Here goes, 76, 79, 80.
86, 88, 89,
91,92, 94, 95
If you need any of the others, i am quite happy to give you the answers.
Thanks for helping me, i hope!!
0 Replies

julia26

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:49 am
Have you had any replies to your queries on the pictures - am struggling on the same ones as you
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:57 am
Sad No i haven't done any more, and have now sent the answers off, just made one or two mad guesses and silly answers in the hope of a spot prizw, i certainly won't be winning the main prize!! Hope you have more luck than me, perhaps you will tell me how many you get, and i will post my final score on here for you to see. Laughing
0 Replies

julia26

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 05:39 am
OK - will do. Am going down the silly answer road too - nothing else left!! Speak to you soon

Julia
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:34 pm
Very Happy Hopefully we should have the answers some time next week, hope you had more success than i did.
0 Replies

julia26

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:30 am
I seem to remember when we did this quiz last December the answers took a long while to come but perhaps I'm confusing it with another quiz. We didn't do too well last time either, but it keeps the grey cells turning over!!
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 11:38 am
I hadn't done this one before, do you get any other charity quizzes, i like to keep the grey cells working as well.
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 06:10 am
Very Happy Hi Julia, have you got your result through, if so how did you do, i got 106 and a half, musn't forget that, more than i thought i would, not that i was that worried as it is all for charity, i shall be doing the christmas one, so maybe we can discuss one or two of those if we get stuck!!
0 Replies

julia26

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 03:23 am
Well done!!!! My friend who I do the quiz with is on holiday at the moment, so I suppose our results are sitting on her doormat - she's back at the end of the week so should be able to get back to you next weekend. Would love to combine on the Christmas quiz - I think it'll be more 'when we get stuck' rather than 'if'!! Well done again - 106 and a half was really good - bet you're pretty pleased!!

Talk to you soon.
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 05:06 am
Hi, yes i was really pleased with that, i look forward to hearing how you got on. If we help each other on the christmas one, we could just put the numbers of the ones we can't do, and not mention the quiz name, and then we won't have everybody else getting answers from us. Does that make sense to you, we could start a new topic with the subject heading
J & J , in this forum, all very devious isn't it. Keep a note of this and look for it towards the end of december, beginning of January. Very Happy
0 Replies

julia26

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 05:16 am
Well - my friend is back from holiday and there is nothing yet from Macmillan. If they are sending out the answers in reverse order of score, this is not looking good for us!!

We will give them a couple more days and then will contact them. Hopefully will be back to you soon
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:08 am
Hi, Well that seems a bit strange, hope you don't think i am being funny, but she did remember to either put in an s.a.e or give them her e-mail address!!!
Looking forward to doing the next one, i shall be sending of a post-dated cheque soon.
Bye for now
0 Replies

julia26

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:50 am
Hi - at last!! We've received our results - we managed 107 but there are two of us doing it, nevertheless, we are quite pleased - there are some really difficult ones to find the answers to in these Macmillan quizzes. Apparently we had opted to receive the answers via e-mail and they must have gone astray - anyway the chap apologised - we haven't taken offence and will be having a go at the Christmas one!!

Speak to you soon - best wishes - Julia
0 Replies

justaclue

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 01:29 pm
Hi,
Well done, i bet you were pleased about that. I think the chap that runs these quizzes is a busy person, but he doe do them well. Don't forget to look for a new heading J & J beginning of January, in this forum, and then maybe we can discuss questions from the xmas one.
Regards J Very Happy
0 Replies

julia26

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 03:00 am
Will keep my eye out for J & J - speak to you later.

Be lucky!! Julia
0 Replies