Rebulicans against Trumpism

Reply Sun 7 May, 2023 08:56 pm
Please chat it up if you are a republican not in favor of Trump.

I am in the center right and can't stand where my party is going. We stand for limited FEDERAL government and fiscal responsibility toward the safety of the Union. Lately, it is nuts. Not my party. Not me, not me beliefs. Where are the normal republicans who believe in freedom, financial solvency, and a strong united front. Our party is off the rails my friends. Fwitw, I like Hutchins. Is there anybody left who isn't lost in Trump and his acting.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 406 • Replies: 19

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 May, 2023 07:46 am
So where has all the voices from those GOPers who hate the Orange Shitgibbon been since 2016????

You'all just luved him up and the moans against him now aren't even half-hearted. Not one of you will vote against him in 2024, so just STFU about it.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 8 May, 2023 07:53 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

So where has all the voices from those GOPers who hate the Orange Shitgibbon been since 2016????

Remember how there were SO MANY NEVER TRUMPers in 2016 and when he won the primary, how they seemed to disappear like a glacier tossed into the sun? How conveniently they voted for Trump instead of Hilary (so basically they lied about being Never Trumpers?)?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 May, 2023 08:11 am
@tsarstepan,
But ... but ... but ... they held their noses! And voted for him with no hesitation whatsoever.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 06:00 am
@chrisb555,
1. Full disclosure. I am a democrat and I will (definitely) be voting for Joe Biden for a second term.

2. I also will be voting for (every) democrat up and down my ballot. Including all city, county, state,
and national democrats on my ballot.

3. I agree with the Democrats on (virtually) every policy position and ideology.

4. I disagree with the Republicans on (virtually) every policy position and ideology.

5. Who do you intend on voting for in the upcoming 2024 election?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 06:09 am
@Real Music,
I'll sign that oath.

As for Chrisb, he'll never vote for the Orange Shitgibbon again. Unless he's on the ballot again.
chrisb555

Reply Sun 14 May, 2023 09:20 pm
@Real Music,
tbh, undecided. I did hear Hutchinson talk and he seemed to answer questions honestly and with thought. He seemed somewhat centrist, though I haven't reviewed his voting record yet. I am looking for somebody who is honest, fiscally conservative and generally not senile, but who isn't saying small government, but putting government in everything we do and think. I don't need the federal govt to tell me what is right or wrong for me. Just keep me safe and let me live my life.
chrisb555

Reply Sun 14 May, 2023 09:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I will not vote for Trump...no matter what, nor Biden. Let's hope there is somebody sane and reasonable that makes it through the extremist's primaries.
Real Music

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 02:20 am
@chrisb555,
Quote:
tbh, undecided. I did hear Hutchinson talk and he seemed to answer questions honestly and with thought. He seemed somewhat centrist, though I haven't reviewed his voting record yet. I am looking for somebody who is honest, fiscally conservative and generally not senile, but who isn't saying small government, but putting government in everything we do and think. I don't need the federal govt to tell me what is right or wrong for me. Just keep me safe and let me live my life.

1. I fear that the Republican party will use any means to destroy democracy in America.

2. I fear that the Republican party will increase taxes substantially on the working class,
while cutting taxes substantially for the super wealthy.

3. I fear that the Republican party will seek to weaken and destroy labor unions by passing anti-union legislation.

4. I fear that a significant segment of the Republican party wants to abolish social security by privatizing social security.

5. I fear that a significant segment of the Republican party wants to abolish Veterans Administration hospitals
and medical facilities by privatizing VA hospitals and VA medical facilities.

6. I fear that a segment of the Republican party wants to abolish the (Free and Reduced Price School Meals)
program.

7. I fear that the Republican party will pass a federal law making all abortions in all 50 states illegal.

8. I fear that the Republican party will never pass any gun reform law that would have any real affect
on gun violence and gun deaths in America.

9. I fear that the Republican party wants to abolish or greatly weaken environmental protection laws.

10. I fear that a significant segment of the Republican Party wants to greatly diminish the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). and

11. I fear that a significant segment of the Republican Party wants to greatly diminish the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).

12. All of these fears are real fears.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 06:01 am
@chrisb555,
In a two party system there is no ethical way to not vote. Not voting for Biden gives Trump a vote. That's why you will do whatever it takes to vote for Trump against any Democrat. Because that is exactly what you're going to do: cross your fingers and vote for Trump and hope Joe Biden wins.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 06:03 am
@Real Music,
You're absolutely right: They will destroy the USA just to win an election and guarantee any and all future elections.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 06:05 am
@chrisb555,
Of course not. You're going to surprise yourself and vote for Trump. You're basically the male Lash.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 06:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I can't conceive of a mentality that would view Biden as extreme.

He's fairly centre right from this side of the pond.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 07:19 am
@izzythepush,
Our last two Democratic Presidents were center right enough to be moderate pro-business Republicans. Joe's a pro-business center right Democrat on this side of the pond, too. Harris is seen as further right than Joe.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 08:04 am
@chrisb555,
There are a lot of Republicans that are against Trumpism, but when sitting in front of that ballot box, they are going to vote R every time. I know this because I have a lot of Republican relatives. I was raised Republican as well. They say they don't support this or that, maybe 70-80% of what Trump represents, but my brother has told me straight up he is a single issue abortion voter so will always vote R at every level. The coalition the Republican have put together depends on this and they hype it up continuously. Guns, culture wars, abortion, etc. There are very few Republicans that can look at a Democrat that is 80% in line with their views and vote for him instead of a Republican that is 30% in line with their views but it's the right 30%.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 09:07 am
@engineer,
My experience as well. They will do anything but vote for a Democrat even if it means another Orange Shitgibbon.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 01:31 pm
@engineer,
How odd. I'm still Republican, and couldn't be more pro choice.

For 2016, I held my nose and voted for Clinton.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 15 May, 2023 04:01 pm
@roger,
I'm a Republican, that except for HW and Reagan re-election, I voted for Democrats for all national offices since the 70's. I did vote for a Republican Senator when I lived in Nebraska.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 12:45 am
@chrisb555,
Quote:
I will not vote for Trump...no matter what, nor Biden. Let's hope there is somebody sane and reasonable that makes it through the extremist's primaries.

1. I am absolutely certain that I will be voting for Biden.

2. I think President Biden has done a fine job.

3. I also believe that if re-elected, Biden will continue doing a fine job.

4. The reason that some people have concerns is more to do with his age.

5. I believe that most Americans support President Biden's policy positions.

6. I believe that most Americans support the Democratic Party's policy positions.

7. I don't necessarily agree with the Democrats 100 percent of the time.

8. As I have stated before, it is an unrealistic expectation to agree with any candidate or any Party 100 percent of the time.

9. But, by and large, I do agree with the Democratic Party policy positions.

10. I don't have false pretenses of how I will be voting.

11. How will you be voting, if the 2024 general election is Trump vs Biden?

12. You are going to vote how you are going to vote.

13. I suspect that you know exactly how you will vote if it's Trump vs Biden.

14. Who knows. Maybe I'm wrong, and you don't know how you will vote if it's Trump vs Biden.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 20 May, 2023 10:22 pm
@chrisb555,
Quote:
I will not vote for Trump...no matter what, nor Biden.

1. Hypothetically speaking, Do you know how you would vote if the general election ends up being (Trump vs. Biden)?

2. Hypothetically speaking, Would you vote for Biden?

3. Hypothetically speaking, Would you vote for Trump?

4. Hypothetically speaking, Would you stay home and not vote?

5. Hypothetically speaking, Would you vote for a third party candidate who has absolutely no chance of winning?

6. This is not a gotcha question.

7. I'm just having an honest discussion of how you would vote if face with a real and possible scenario.

8. Sometimes people say what they will do or won't do.

9. And they genuinely believe what they are saying.

10. But, when it becomes real, their actions may not follow their words.

11. Obviously, if it doesn't end up being (Trump vs Biden) that may change the way you would or wouldn't vote.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Rebulicans against Trumpism
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 11:37:48