King Coronation TV!

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 10:51 am
BBC One, BBC Two*, ITV1 and ITV3* will be covering the King Coronation with UHD on some devices. Will you be watching the Coronation and if so, which channel?

*includes in-vision Signing in BSL

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 11:30 am
@RileyBSL2023,
Even if I got any of those channels (which I don't here in the US)? No. I will not be watching said coronation event.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 12:17 pm
Cripes! With all the current strife, important events and impactful happenings going in the world currently, why on earth would I or on anyone else care about this situation? That Royal family is beyond dysfunctional and is hardly worth watching.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 01:34 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Cripes! With all the current strife, important events and impactful happenings going in the world currently, why on earth would I or on anyone else care about this situation? That Royal family is beyond dysfunctional and is hardly worth watching.

I would hard pressed to say I'd accept a royal invitation to the witness the coronation live (unless it involved 1st class airfare; food and a royal suite and plenty of booze before hand; and a large stipend to use afterwards for walking around money).
Ragman

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 02:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
We all have our price, right?!
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 03:33 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpTELkTXgAAE_YH.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 06:30 am
@Ragman,
@tsarstepan,
We all have our price, right?!

Standards, rag, standards.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 06:33 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
I would hard pressed to say I'd accept a royal invitation to the witness the coronation live (unless it involved 1st class airfare; food and a royal suite and plenty of booze before hand; and a large stipend to use afterwards for walking around money).

Hold to your demands. Make the bastards pay, dammit.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 06:41 am
I'd go, but there is a rerun block of "Britain's Best Baker" at the same time and I really need to get my crumpets sorted out.

Maybe I can catch the next one or the one after.

Can somebody get Chahles to sign this for me?

https://images1.bonhams.com/image?src=Images/live/2003-05/08/4069918-10-1.jpg&width=640&height=480&autosizefit=1
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 06:46 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Crumpets are sold in packets of six in the supermarket.

They're not something you would go to a baker's for.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 07:00 am
@izzythepush,
The joke is I'd be baking them myself and taking tips from Britain's Best Baker show (one of my favorite cooking shows) instead of watching or attend the coronation.

I apologize for offending any royalist in the queue.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 07:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
They're a real faff, I tried making them once but it wasn't worth the effort, not when they're so cheap and freely available.

I'll probably be going down the pub. When I was there for Liz's funeral one bloke bought everyone a drink, twice.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 07:55 am
@izzythepush,
Twice??? Never happen here! Once is super rare. We used to have neighborhood taps with friendly regulars.

I'd take my daughters down to John Kula's 'saloon' for a beer - they got orange soda, maybe once a week (they had an excellent pork tenderloin sandwich). After a while one of them would come up to me and say "Daddy, let's go over to John Kula's saloon and get a beer."

I live in another small town these days and I'd never take a child into the local bar.

At John's place (his sister was my secretary at the plant I worked at), it was a family place you could take your children, on weekends there'd be a steak or tenderloin or fish night. The smokers would abstain, the music was never too loud and people had a nice evening. Every town had a place or two like this and in the cities most neighborhoods had a tap.

These days two drunks duking it out in a smoke filled bar with screamingly loud music is about all you can find.

When we got here, we tried out Mr B's. We went in the afternoon and the patrons were barflies who checked us out as we came in the door, squinting to figure out if we were wives, bosses, someone they owed money to, process servers or the cops.

Never went back. And by reading the town police reports it may have gotten worse.

Funny how the things I miss most are the things I made fun of as young buck.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 08:25 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It was only the first or second time I'd been there.

I did feel a bit guilty accepting a second pint, but he wanted to do it to show his respects to the Queen.

Like most people I know I'm fairly ambivalent about the Royal family, but some people feel a great personal attachment to them.

The Royal family is enmeshed with the military, so many having served, and still serving as heads of regiments, that a lot of old soldiers are strongly Royalist.

My maternal grandfather was an RSM, and my grandmother and her friends would chat about the Royal family as if they knew them, like people from a few doors down.

In any event it's a piece of history, and unlike Royal Weddings it's something I've not seen before, so getting plastered down the pub and watching some people over effuse about the Royal family will ensure I'll be able to answer where were you when questions far into the future.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 08:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Actually I may spend the day in bed recovering because I'm off to see The Dead Kennedys playing the night before.

Now that I am looking forward to.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 08:43 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Actually I may spend the day in bed recovering because I'm off to see The Dead Kennedys playing the night before.

That's false advertising. Dead Kennedys playing live in concert?! Unless they're zombie musicians.
https://imgur.com/inzwvc8.gif

Thanks for coming to my standup! Remember two drink minimum and don't forget to tip your waitstaff!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 12:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
That's false advertising. Dead Kennedys playing live in concert?! Unless they're zombie musicians.

https://i.imgur.com/7P5ybLZl.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 05:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The Dead Kennedys: Live.
roger

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 05:11 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Funny
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 May, 2023 04:01 am
There have already been arrests of peaceful Republican protestors at Trafalgar Square.

Not a lot of supporters of the monarchy at the Dead Kennedys concert last night, (which was fantastic btw,)

There was a newspaper article about how Charles needs to take the public with him.

If he wants to appeal to people, other than the weird fetishists who flock to royal occasions, he needs to stop trying to stifle protest.

And the public oath is a bit of a faux pas.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » King Coronation TV!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 03:29:31