Why people cherish God?

EKT

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 08:28 am
I am curious to hear why people cherish God. My point of view might be different from people who live their life based on a religion, but I really would like to understand their side and have a great explanation about this. My questions are (among many others): If God has higher power, why do we have so many evil things happening in the world? Why would God allow those/ or not stop any of those? And if s/he cannot or not willing, then why to cherish him/her? Also, why would God let women have children who do not care about children, abuse their children, and neglect their children, and why women who love children and would love to care for them and raise them with love and respect are not able to have children? I cannot grasp any of this when people say God blessed you with a child for instance.... what does that mean? S/he has a "say" in this? ... then why not to choose wisely who are blessed with children? To me this is not a good character, so why to cherish that? I am so confused.

hightor

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 12:02 pm
@EKT,
Good questions but I doubt you'll get a definitive answer. Unfortunate people may cling to the idea of a loving god as their only source of hope. Fortunate people may feel grateful for their success and attribute it to the same loving god. Other people simply choose to follow the tradition they were raised in. And some people don't even have a conception of what a divine, personal, omnipotent being actually means but know that they're expected to feign belief in a loving god rather than be stigmatized as an untrustworthy potential evil doer.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 05:37 pm
@EKT,
Do you believe in the possibility of the invisible mind's survival after the death of the physical body in which 'YOU' the invisible one has developed?
The Anointed

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 11:15 pm
@The Anointed,
It has now been revealed that matter is no more than an illusion. Quantum physicists discovered that so called physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature.

If you observe the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small, invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of invisible energy, not tangible matter.

Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this apparent material universe at the time of the Big Bang, was, according to the most popular theory of the creation of this universe, pure electromagnetic energy, which, In my Opinion, was spewed out of a WHITE HOLE, in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, or, according to scientific measurements (180 million trillion, trillion degrees Fahrenheit), which electromagnetic energy has been converted to that which we perceive as matter, only to be reconverted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch, when all will be ripped apart atom by atom, subatomic particle by subatomic particle, and fall as fire into the Great Abyss, or Black Hole that is connected to a White Hole at the end of an Einstein Rosen bridge that connects the two.

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

This would appear to compliment Paul’s statement in Romans 1: 18-23; that the eternal, who has neither beginning or end, had made himself manifest as this visible cosmos, and all that can be known about the eternal has been made plain to us in the creation itself, which is the eternal invisible MIND, ‘The GREAT THOUGHT’ made visible as it has evolved today.

And that which we call God, through whom all things were created, by whom all things were created and for whom all things were created, the God, who is one, the great singularity in who all things exist, is the same today as it was yesterday and will be into all eternity. It is the eternal constant, in that it has been constantly evolving, and will continue to evolve from everlasting to everlasting. The only mind that can cease to evolve, is the mind that has ceased to exist. And this eternal and boundless cosmos cannot cease to evolve or exist.

This post is in fact a Synostosis, the fusion of the two skeletal bones of evolution and religion, clothing them with one living body of belief after first stripping them of their old flesh. When separated from each other the two bodies are dead, only when they are fused together and united as one and clothed with the living flesh of truth, can the Godhead (The Most-High intellect) who has developed, grown, or evolved in this living universal body, be revealed to the world.

You are a triad being consisting of Body, Soul, and Spirit. The body is created from the universal elements and must return to the elements from which it is created. The Soul is the divine animating principle that pervades the entire universe activating all within, and like the elements, the soul must also return to the ‘GREAT THOUGHT’ which is made manifest as this visible universe.

While the Spirit that is the invisible mind which is the ‘Who You Are,’ that is imprinted upon the eternal universal Soul, which Soul must return to the ‘GREAT THOUGHT,’ with or without the ‘YOU’ that is either accepted into the GREAT THOUGHT, or rejected, and if rejected, it is separated from the eternal Soul and ceases to exist.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 01:25 am
@The Anointed,
The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul, [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and pre-human has been gathered in its evolution to become that body in which ‘WHO YOU ARE’ is developing, and that gathering of parental spirits, dwells behind the veil of the flesh to the inner most sanctuary of its temporary earthly tabernacle or tent, which is your physical body, as it awaits the creation of its glorious temple of incorruptible Light. [THE SON OF MAN] who stands on the highest and final rung of the ladder of evolution in this period of universal activity.

Unless of course you are so naïve as to believe that the creation of mankind closed the pages to the book of evolution.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality or “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body, “WHO YOU ARE.

Then of the Thee in Me who works behind The veil,
I lifted up my hands to find A lamp amid the Darkness;
and I heard, As from Without----
“The Me within Thee is blind.”----- By Omar Khayyam.

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body of “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU, the mind or spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force or soul, which returns to ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT,’ [The collective consciousness of all that exists] from which it will be resurrected in this cycle, or the next cycle of universal activity.

Unless of course, the information=spirit that is “YOU” has condemned ‘WHO YOU ARE’ and ‘WHO YOU ARE’ having being condemned by ‘YOU’, is then divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death. For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul. Hebrews 4: 12. “For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two-edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit.”
And now my friends, come soar with me to the outer limits of reality
This universe though wide it seems, is but the shadow of our dreams
We are naught but knowledge in these tents, refined through pain and punishment
We’re the hive of man and ‘neath his rod, we are one, we’re the ‘Son of God.’

The past, the present, the future is He, He was, He is, and He will be
And heaven is but a point in time to where the spirit in man must climb
Eventually, when he’s there at last and stands and gazes on his past
And takes his throne prepared in heaven, then all His past will be forgiven

I am ‘who I am,’ the die is cast, for I was created by my past
And we who we are this very day determines his future in everyway
If my past were changed then who would I be?
One thing is certain, I wouldn’t be Me……… The Anointed
0 Replies

Truesigma

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 02:21 am
@EKT,
I don't think there is a black or white answer to your questions because every person and situation is different and are often extremely complicated.

Some women become mothers because they were raped/sexually assaulted and don't believe in getting abortions or they don't know how to be mothers because their own mothers abused them. It's no excuse for them to abuse their kids but some just don't know they have better options than to keep a child they can't/don't want to take care of.

Others are incredibly unstable because of past unresolved trauma and so they often snap from under the pressures of taking care of children alone with no help from anyone and no rest from the 24-hour responsibility.

I believe the fathers of these children bear some accountability too if they are in the habit of ejaculating in women after the agreement between him and them was for him to pull out in time (this is a form of sexual assault on his part in case you don't know this) or he decides he doesn't want the responsibility once the child is born.

Usually the mothers are the ones who receive the judgment, bullying, victim-shaming and stigma because they are the ones seen pregnant with the baby or taking care of them alone while the deadbeat fathers/actual abusers are given a pass.

All I do know is that God is a just God who created human beings as free moral agents with the right to choose. We are all sinners by nature and only God with his omniscient vision and endless wisdom can understand why certain injustices happen even if they don't always make sense from our limited perspectives.

As the Bible clearly states, "Thou shall not judge." This is why we should not judge either our Father's mysterious ways nor the actions of other sinful humans until we have walked in their shoes.

Also consider that it is often the disadvantaged who benefit from a relationship with God. People who have only known abuse, unfairness and oppression from others have to depend on God for survival because God is literally all they have.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 03:12 am
Crowd control, the ruling powers use a hierachical religious system to keep the lower orders in line.

The Divine Right of Kings and One Nation Under God are example of this control
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 03:17 am
@Truesigma,
Truesigma wrote:

We are all sinners by nature

This is an example of the control, telling people they're all intrinsically bad and have to submit to a higher authority.

I think the opposite people are intrinsically good but they get corrupted along the way, and the church is one of the biggest corruptors going.
mesquite

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 03:51 pm
@izzythepush,
Amen.
0 Replies

EKT

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 09:21 am
@hightor,
Thank you for your response! I think you might be right, I might never find out ;-). I agree with your explanation on ways why people go that route. That makes me have another comment. In my opinion, religion should be something that every person is entitled to choose for themselves (or not choose if so they wish). When children are raised in a very religious way, parents somehow do take away this right from them. I have a son myself (10 year old), but he is not raised either way. Once he is old enough to make a decision on his own, he will be able to decide if he want to choose a religion and which one he liked. When he has any questions, I answer to the best of my knowledge, or look it up online. I also never belittle people who believe or who do not believe. My son is interested in going to a church to see what that is about, and we will take him to see. He is also raised to be responsible for his own actions, he knows what consequences there are for certain actions, and he can make his own choice with that in mind.
0 Replies

EKT

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 09:25 am
@The Anointed,
Thank you for your response and effort.
You successfully confused me even more! ;-)
0 Replies

EKT

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 09:43 am
@Truesigma,
Thank you for your response. I agree with you, and these facts are really existing in the world (unfortunately), but my question was not really about what circumstances there are for mothers neglecting their children (there is NO good excuse for that ever in my opinion) and how they end up with children at the first place. I also agree that typically there is a man involved who also should be reliable, BUT some not very innocent women just use man for whatever reason to become pregnant from...and use children as some kind of object in their manipulation... but this is a whole new subject. So, back to the original idea. You have mentioned "All I do know is that God is a just God who created human beings as free moral agents with the right to choose." Do you think he did a great job creating, preparing his/her creations for life when all these bad things happen to women (just to pick up your example)? If God has an endless wisdom, but s/he failed to guide his creations better, to me that would not be cherishing worthy.
EKT

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 10:04 am
@The Anointed,
Thank you for your response! Now, this sounds like a scientologist talking to me :-) I am not sure what to believe, but tend not to lean towards this possibility.
EKT

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 11:50 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you for replying to my post. Good point on this example you picked; I do not think we can be categorized like that.... I also do think that some people feel the necessity to believe that they are ruled by and must submit to "higher authority" in lack of knowledge maybe and do so for their own convenience.
mesquite

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 05:06 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:
Do you believe in the possibility of the invisible mind's survival after the death of the physical body in which 'YOU' the invisible one has developed?

What we do know about the invisible mind, soul, spirit, consciousness, personality, or whatever name you want to call it is that it is directly dependent upon a healthy human brain. To suppose that the invisible mind would continue to exist beyond brain death seems irrational to me
izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 05:31 pm
@EKT,
EKT wrote:

I do not think we can be categorized like that....

I'm not sure what it is you're referring to.

The hierarchical nature of Christianity is beyond dispute.

Aurelian was the first Roman Emperor to try to establish a state religion.

His was Sol Invictus, whose birthday was December 25th.

Christianity caught on because it reinforced the existing power structure, and ensured the dominance of Rome after the fall of the Empire.

With Christianity you have God at the top then the Angels, Humans, Animals with the Devil at the bottom.

Within each section there is a ranking, in Angels you've got Archangels Seraphs, Cherubs and the like all in a particular order.

With humanity you've got kings, aristocrats/oligarchs, and the rest.

This order is divine and must not be changed or God will be angry.

Look at how 19th century robber barons invited the church/temperance movement into the workplace, because the message is don't rock the boat, you'll be rewarded in Heaven.

They cherish God because the promise of an afterlife in paradise makes up for all the **** they're dealing with, and stops them from doing anything about the here and now.

You don't hear a lot about rich men and eyes of needles in churches nowadays, (if ever.)

I'm answering the question why people may cherish God, and I think a lot of it is down to social conditioning as detailed above.

I'm not talking about whether or not a God exists, because that's a different matter entirely.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 04:36 am
@EKT,
EKT Wrote....... Thank you for your response! Now, this sounds like a scientologist talking to me :-) I am not sure what to believe, but tend not to lean towards this possibility.

The Anointed responds....... Well unlike yourself, I do know what to believe. I believe in the scientifically accepted Big Bang theory, that ‘THIS’ universe originated from the great singularity, which is a region of space-time in which matter is crushed so closely together that the gravitational laws explained by general relativity break down. In a singularity, the volume of space is zero and its density is infinite even though the entire universe is contained within it.

Scientists believe such a singularity exists at the core of a black hole, which occurs when a super-massive sun reaches the end of its life and implodes.

General relativity also demands such a singularity must exist at the beginning of an expanding universe. The Theory of the BIG BANG as the origin of this universe, begins with an infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small ‘SINGULARITY’ which was spatially separated and spewed out, as an extremely hot liquid like plasma of electromagnetic energy in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, in fact our scientists claim that the universal temperature at the instant of the Big Bang, was 100 million trillion trillion kelvins, or 180 million trillion trillion degrees Fahrenheit.

To cut a long story short, that eternal energy that can never be created and never be destroyed, can be seen today as this universe and all the life forms within it, which includes you and I.

Just as the Big Bang theory has been evolving over the years and is continuing to evolve as new data becomes available, these big Crunch theories that are just beginning to emerge are still in their infancy.

It was the Russian physicist and mathematician Alexander Friedmann, who, in the early 1920’, became the first person to embrace the idea that the equations of Einstein’s general theory of relativity called for a universe in motion.

The Friedmann universe begins with a Big Bang and continues expanding for untold billions of years—that’s the stage we’re in now. But after a long enough period of time, the mutual gravitational attraction of all the matter slows the expansion to a stop. The universe then starts to fall in on itself, replaying the expansion in reverse.

This is already happening, 10 billion years ago the galaxies began to be gravatationally attracted to each other into galactic clusters, larger galaxies are devouring other smaller galaxies, black holes devouring black holes, etc, etc.

Eventually all the matter collapses back into the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity, in what physicist John Wheeler likes to call the “Big Crunch,” only to be spatially separated once again and expand out as another generation of the universe

Paul Steinhardt of Princeton University, a cosmologist, wrote in an email that new research “Supports, in a general way, the idea that the Big Bang need not be the beginning of space and time.” The universe “may have undergone one or more bangs in its past history,”

The Hebrew scriptures reveal that the six creative days, were in fact six generations of the universe. [See GENESIS 2; 4.] Each of the six periods of light and universal activity=Generations, that preceded the seventh generation in which we now live, were preceded and followed by a period of darkness and universal inactivity. An eternal oscillating universe, appearing after a Big Bang and disappearing with the Big Crunch.

And unlike yourself, I also accept the ancient Buddhist belief in an oscillating universe. “Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non-being, and again from non-being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all, the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak ‘SIX SPOKES’ representing ‘SIX FORMS OF EXISTENCE.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

Also I accept the Hindu belief that the days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds would seem as an eternity, or but a moment in time.

To the Hindu, the singularity of origin is called Brahman, the essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all being must return at the close of each period of universal activity.

‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis 2: 4; as the “GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE.

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth,” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; it is written concerning the six days of creation; “These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc.” And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection, are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles of endless rebirths that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

A series of worlds following one upon the other-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.
0 Replies

EKT

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 11:22 am
@mesquite,
This seems more logical to me as well.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 07:41 pm
@EKT,
There is this world of matter and the world of anti-matter.
Flesh and blood cannot enter the world of anti-matter.
This physical dimension is but the breeding ground for the mental or should I say, spiritual dimension that co-exists within this three dimensional world.

This body that you see It isn’t really me
It’s but the womb in which I’m being formed
For I am spirit, I am mind
And it’s the only place you’ll find
‘Who I Am’ until the day I’m finally born
For I will not be free, until this body that you see
Has returned to the earth from whence it came
It’s then that I’ll be born from this womb in which I’m formed
To carry on in life’s eternal game. …. The Anointed.

The caterpillar must build itself a tomb in which to die and decompose and from the decomposed juices of the worm within the tomb, will emerge the beautiful winged creature, which will soar high into the heavens.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2023 01:27 am
@The Anointed,
It seems more logical to me that there is this world of matter and the world of anti-matter and that flesh and blood cannot enter the world of anti-matter and that this physical dimension is but the breeding ground for the mental or should I say, spiritual dimension that co-exists within this three dimensional world.

In the introduction to Fitzgerald’s translation of Omar’s work. It is written that Omar Khayyam died in the year of 1123 AD, and yet in the Glossary of the self-same book, it is said that he died in 1132 AD. According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, there is some debate as to whether he died in the year 1123, or 1132.

It seems strange that the controversy should be between these two dates, because from, (The Perfect Way, P. 247) we read, “As the number of the lunar months, ‘thirteen,’ is the number of the woman and denotes the soul and her reflection of God---The solar number ‘Twelve,’ being that of the spirit.

The two numbers in combination form the perfect year of that duel humanity, which above, is made in the image of God—the true “Christian Year,” wherein the two—the inner and outer, Spirit and Matter—are as one.

Thirteen then represents that full union of man with God wherein Christ becomes Christ.

Thirteen, represents the physical person, who reflects perfectly the spiritual being within, (The Father and the Son are one) and is represented as the solar number 12 in combination within the thirteen, as shown here, [1(12)3], the spiritual within the physical.

But the true “Christian year” should be where the physical being is translated to a spiritual being, which would be represented by the number combination [1(13)2], the physical number 13, within the spiritual number 12, the old tabernacle=tent, (The body of Man) stored within the inner most sanctuary of the new and glorious Temple of light. A good translation, loses none of the essence of the original from which it is translated.

So, when did the Great King of the Wise, Omar Khayyam die?

Omar was, among other professions, an Alchemist. The search for the Philosopher’s stone was driven, not by the desire to gain great wealth by turning base metals into gold, but the desire to gain eternal life, and wholly transmute the imperfect self into spiritual gold.”

Quatrains 58- 59. And Lately, by the Tavern Door agape,
Came shining through the Dusk an Angel Shape
Bearing a vessel on his shoulders; and
He bid me taste of it; and ‘twas, the Grape!

The Grape that can with Logic absolute
The Two-and-Seventy jarring sects confute:
The sovereign Alchemist that in a thrice
Life’s leaden metal into Gold transmute.

Quatrain 77. And this I know: whether the one True Light
Kindle to love, or wrath-consume me quite,
One flash of it within the Tavern caught
Better than in the Temple lost outright. . . . . Omar Khayyam.

The philosophers stone will be a crystal of the same shape as the molecule from which it is formed, Zechariah 3: the prophet speaks of his vision of the high priest Joshua=Jesus, who is stripped of his old filthy garment and given a new clean turban etc, and a Stone/crystal with seven facets is placed before Joshua with his new clean outer garment.

Is it possible do you suppose, to form a molecule from atoms of matter and atoms of anti-matter, which can be held in equilibrium, a state in which they cannot annihilate each other? And would such a body be able to pass in and out of both dimensions? Does evolution cease with the creation of the three-dimensional body of mankind?

Can the doorway between the two dimensions be opened to allow the required number of Jews and Gentiles to enter, before being closed, and once closed, no man will be able to open it?

1. Forums
  2. » Why people cherish God?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 10:08:00