Why people cherish God?

The Anointed

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2023 05:35 pm
@The Anointed,
Have you ever applied your mind to the philosopher's problem?

When we were young I merged with thee
The blood of youth still flowing free
The bread, the wine, the poetry,
Beneath the old forbidden tree
How sweet the fruit that we have shared,
Across the gulf of time we dared
To stand before each other bared
And free of guilt embraced and paired.
Our love beyond earth’s great desire,
A love that burns more fierce than fire
I lay me down on broken briar,
Your son upon the funeral pyre.
Like rings of onions you have peeled
The mysteries that the atom sealed
God’s heavenly tablets once concealed,
To me, though you, the Lord revealed
May He in me with love’s desires,
Wash your body ere it dies
With fragrance sweet that ne’er expires—
To snare the righteous passer-byes
The spark of life leaps ever higher,
Spiralling up from fire to fire
To He, with who we did conspire,
To grasp this scheme of things entire
The crystal there beside your seat,
The written formula incomplete
My brothers now lay at your feet
Their offerings that you might eat
Awake my Lord, for now’s the time
To offer to the world your wine
Reveal on every written line,
Your secrets, through these words of mine
May you, when for your morning sup
Of heavenly vintage, from the soil look up
Through wine that drips down drop by drop—
Know He—who holds the inverted cup….. The Anointed.
Truesigma

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2023 05:35 pm
@EKT,
You're welcome. I didn't mean to come across as if I was making excuses for poor parenting, only that there is a broad range of reasons as to how children end up being born under these unfortunate circumstances and that in some cases empathy is called for in order to understand each one. Yes some woman are just out and out selfish and irresponsible but others were genuinely victimized and are possibly crazy and frustrated with life and do want to do well by their kids but simply don't know how but have no guidance or support. I believe it is important to look at these situations on a case by case basis.

Regarding your question, I think I can understand how frustrating it can be to be upset with God for creating humans knowing that many will grossly sin however I think it is best to look at the big picture and understand it from an objective perspective rather than an emotional one.

God also created angels knowing many would rebel and eventually become demons, inciting some humans to deviate from the right path and follow their demonic ways. Unlike animals, we all have the capacity for good and evil. It is a choice. That is what gives us superiority over animals.

Again, it all boils down to free will. No fair God would create us as mindless androids without the capacity to choose. And bear in mind, even the most vile sinners have a chance at redemption if they decide to reverse their mindsets and change their ways. It is the reason God lovingly sent his son to pay the ransom for our sins. He knew some humans would be completely incorrigible and would never repent but he knew in his infinite love and mercy that there would be others ( however few) who WOULD repent and do their best to model themselves after Jesus' example.
0 Replies

Truesigma

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2023 10:58 pm
@izzythepush,
I didn't mean to call others sinners in an insulting or disparaging way. Sin according to what I understand of the Bible merely means a violation of God's laws. It is up to the individual whether they want to pursue good or evil.

Even the best of people occasionally do bad things which is not to say they are evil but simply imperfect because of the effects of sin affecting the generations beginning with our foreparents Adam and Eve.

To answer the OP's question, I think good and bad things happen to both good and bad people in varying degrees. Being a good person does not make one immediately immune to tragedy and sorrow. In fact God allows us to go through Job-like trials not because he doesn't care about us but to strengthen our faith through tests which can ultimately make us better people in the end.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 May, 2023 02:55 am
@Truesigma,
The Spanish Inquistion was good was it?

The church persecuted tortuted and killed those who believed differently, those who were "sinful."

The church decided what is and isn't sin issuing absolutions to all who murdered for them.

That's what your attack on sin looks like.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 May, 2023 03:04 am
@The Anointed,
You're a prime example of today's Christians.

There's no "Good News" from you, it's all judging separating us into sheep and goats and fantasising about the tortures you want to inflict on goats, (the people who are different from you.)

What started out as a way of being nice to one another has denigrated into something quite foul.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 08:53:30