Stones At Fenway – tickets available!!

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 12:40 pm
Just saw on Boston.com that there were a hundred or so tickets released for the much anticipated and impossible to get tickets for concert. I immediately jumped onto ticketmaster to see if I could get lucky.

I did - I could not believe my eyes when up popped two available tickets in the 7th row! Imagine my glee! Then I looked down at the price $453 a ticket! And that is from ticketmaster not a scalper! And with a hefty $29.95 service fee! That would be $1,000 for me and hubby to get a good look at Mick. What the f*ck! How much money does Mick have? Does the price have to be so high?

I decided to try my luck again - and the lowest priced ticket was $63. I decided I didn't have to get so close to Mick, he is looking pretty haggard these days. Obstructed view on the roof. So I tried again. The most "reasonable price" that was not so far away I might as well watch on TV was over $100 each with obstructed view.

I decided Mick can take some one else's money. I saw him when he was only middle aged - saw him and the boys many times. When did concerts start raping people for ticket prices any way?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 661 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 12:45 pm
IMO, an artist has the right to charge whatever people will pay to see him. No one is forcing anyone to buy a ticket. I would not dream of paying a hefty price to see even Mick.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:22 pm
I think that is fine too. But how many times do you hear all this mumbo jumbo about how much they appreciate their fans. Sounds like they only appreciate their money. If they really did appreciate them, they have prices reasonable that were reasonable.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:25 pm
Linkat - Artists are in the business to make money. They are not running a charitable organization. Sure they appreciate their fans. Without their fans, the Stones would be playing in seedy gin joints in Podunk.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:25 pm
I have one ticket, and I don't want it.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57794&highlight=
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:36 pm
This is a tad off the subject, but back in April 1999, the Stones were playing in Kansas City and seeing them had been one of my lifelong dreams. I hadn't gotten tickets because it was a week night and it didn't seem realistic to drive back and forth from Wichita to see them. However, I was getting my haircut after work that late afternoon and as I was ostensibly heading back home, I made a totally impulsive decision to catch the turnpike to KC and drove up. It had been several years since I'd been to Kemper Arena and wasn't sure I could find the way. When I pulled in to the area, the parking lot was full and the opening act had already started. I pulled down a side street and found one space barely long enough to parallel park. I jogged across the parking lot in my business suit and when I got to the door, asked the security guard if there were any tickets available. There were none at the gate but she pulled me aside and had one ticket to sell, which I gladly paid cash for on the spot. I made my way up to the nosebleed section and sat down just as the Stones were coming on. During a break, they announced the Governor of Kansas was in attendance and he stood up wearing jeans and a casual shirt (I guarantee I was the only one in a suit in the entire audience). I totally grooved on the concert and didn't get back home until 3:30 a.m., but still made it to Court that morning (probably totally working off of adrenaline). That was one of the highlight evenings of my life!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:44 pm
I saw the stones in their Steel Wheels tour and the prior concert tour (can't remember the name). Paid about $40 a ticket.

It is probably about some of the best concerts I have seen - I think U2 is also up there.

Phoenix you o-k today? Obviously rock bands are in business to make money. No one is doubting that. But be honest don't you think the amount is just a bit high? What I am saying is if they do appreciate their fans - they can still make tons of money selling their tickets for even half the amount.

I certainly understand the basics of pricing things - I do have a major thing in common with Mick - we are both graduates with degrees in Economics.
0 Replies