You have to fact-check everything these days

Mame

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 12:53 pm
There's a lie going around on social media that Justin Trudeau was on Epstein's Island. My daughter-in-law has this on her bloody facebook page and my sister sent it to me. I checked online and it is false. From Newsweek:

"Justin Trudeau's name does not appear in the flight logs, court documents, or any other publicly released papers associated with Jeffrey Epstein.

A photo of Trudeau was included in a doctored image of a CNN broadcast, which the news channel has confirmed was manipulated."

There's a lot more but it's so disgusting you have to double-check everything you read. I don't like Trudeau, but I dislike misinformation even more.

There's also an ad that keeps popping up on a game I play where Oprah is hawking some kind of diet dummies. It says she asked WeightWatchers to come up with a sure diet supplement. All that is bogus, too. I was skeptical so googled it and, sure enough, they both deny it.

It's so easy to photoshop and create false ads, stories, etc. Scurrilous!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 999 • Replies: 0
No top replies