Interesting Sig Comment.

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 06:57 am
I've been following Nimh's almost 20 year old thread, "Things people posted that would make perfect sig lines"...and have enjoyed many of the nominations. Many of Tsarstepan's frequent contributions are right on the mark.

That thread came to mind this morning when I read Paul Krugman's opinion column in the New York Times. The comment that caught my attention was too long for a sig tag line, but it certainly could make a great sig comment.

"Speaking of courage, am I the only one struck by the contrast between President Biden’s daring visit to Kyiv and the way President Donald Trump retreated to the White House bunker in the face of unarmed protesters in Lafayette Park?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/23/opinion/putin-ukraine-toughness.html

For what it is worth, I doubt Krugman is alone there.

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 07:44 am
@Frank Apisa,

the contrast between the two couldn't be more stark...
hightor

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 08:24 am
The pictures of him passing out "Trump water" and MAGA hats in East Palestine... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 08:30 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

the contrast between the two couldn't be more stark...

Like Ned...and Baylon Greyjoy.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 08:32 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

The pictures of him passing out "Trump water" and MAGA hats in East Palestine... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Reminds everyone of him passing out paper towels in Puerto Rico.

But...the Trumpers eat it up.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 08:48 am
@hightor,
Yeah, and apparently Trump water is better than the non-Trump water, and his MAGA hats cost 3x as much as the one the old guy was wearing. What a maroon.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 08:55 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Yeah, and apparently Trump water is better than the non-Trump water, and his MAGA hats cost 3x as much as the one the old guy was wearing. What a maroon.

And the kicker? MAGA hats are manufactured in China.
Mame

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 09:22 am
@tsarstepan,
Well, pretty much everything is. I've been on an ABC (Anything But China) kick for a few years now and it's so hard to buy something not made there. You have to really look and do your research. I can't help it if there's a component in the product which was made in China, but I refuse to buy Chinese-made/sold. I'll buy it used or go without.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Interesting Sig Comment.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:21:33