Why do People Applaud a Classless Rihanna?

Glennn

Tue 14 Feb, 2023 04:20 pm
She seems to have about as much class as a grade school in summer.

tsarstepan

Tue 14 Feb, 2023 04:24 pm
@Glennn,
Some people just have bad taste in music?
Glennn

Tue 14 Feb, 2023 04:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
Smile True. But what's with rubbing her genital area and sniffing her finger?

When did that become entertainment to everyone?

However, I may have jumped the gun on this. It is possible she was doing a public service announcement, I guess. Maybe she was appealing to young people in a hip way, bringing the scourge of feminine-itch to everyone's attention. It was like Feminine Itch Awareness month, and she's the only one who cares enough to force you to acknowledge it.
Region Philbis

Tue 14 Feb, 2023 04:32 pm
@Glennn,

#OKboomer
Glennn

Tue 14 Feb, 2023 04:35 pm
@Region Philbis,
It's okay. You're among friends here. You can speak in complete safety and complete sentences.

I think she's disgusting and not smart enough to know it and that that stupidity is contagious. What do you think?
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 04:03 am
@Glennn,
Lets sum this up as with any other Hollwood personality.

1. "The three ring circus" is basically when a show goes on,all three is playing at the same time. Meaning you have little to no choice but to return to the circus the next day in order to see these show. While the circus might have a main attraction or even replay the same shows in one day ( which is taxing on the performers ) they might have other things happening in the show itself.

The goal of the three-ring-circus is to keep you in the circus longer then you actually planned to stay. That is how media ( most products work ).

2. Then there is brand ambassadors. A brand ambassador acts as a introduce and promote something. Represents a band. Like in recruiting people for college or banks you will usually see a fit women in an ladies suit/outfit/channel and her will be done, all to get naive highschool students to apply to a college. I did one time, without even knowing what I was getting into. The same with banking-agents holding events. All to get your "Social Security Number", "Addresss", and open an account with them. No different then purchasing alcohol. Take Cardi-Bee ( which ryhmes with Bacardi ). Does Cardi-bee have anything to do with Russian Vodka brands? No but her name and the image is used for marketing.

3. Then you have recruiters. Recruiters are people that get them to join. It is like how Marylin Monroe which was man-made ( bleached ), led to Madonna, led to Pamela Anderson, which led to Anna-Nicole-Smith, which led to Gwen Stefani, etc etc etc etc.... The point being is that these people are their to "Inspire" other people (women ) to persue goals. Goals that does not cost money but is marketed as costing money. Goals that are made to seem unattainable.

Take in "Pinocchio" you have the ring-master/circus owner/manager ( acting as three roles ) who promotes the circus. In Disney "Pinocchio" you also have the other boy who also "keeps him occupied" until he is turned into an "donkey/mule/ass" himself. Even in "Pinocchio 2" ( the one where he gets a girlfriend/sister ) where she is tasked with convincing him to yet again join the circus.

Rihanna, Brandi, Cardi-Bi, and others a like are basically

Brand Ambassadors, recruiters, Muses of "Inspiration" for the realm of the consumer in order to keep the formula going.

It is like how "they" took football players who are clean and god worshiping, and tried to pit them into the rap-hip-hop image.

The same with turning the Korean/Vietnam vet into the modern day cowboy
via film.

The same with marketing a drug dealer, bank-robber, as somebody who dresses up clean, and respectable ( as with the film "Twenty bucks" ). Even marketing "dressing normal" as with going to a funeral or even going to a
wedding. It is the easiet wardrobe change but they rather people walk around naked or in rags.
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 06:21 am
Not sure what the issue is. I liked the show more than the random assortment of guest singers that have been on previous shows. Rihanna did a medley of her hits, of which I knew about two thirds. I'd put it in the middle of the pack for SB performances. But the good thing about the SB halftime show is if you aren't into it, it's only 18 minutes long and that's time to stretch and refill your plate for the second half.
NSFW (view)
izzythepush

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 07:29 am
I remember some time in the late 80s watching an episode of Top of the Pops and not liking a single thing.

It was then, (still in my 20s,) I realised I was old, no longer into what the kids were into.

Fortunately I was rescued a few years later by grunge and britpop but that was more of a blip than anything else.

I have always gone out to see bands and there's a lot of stuff out now I really like, (I'm in a music video for a local band,) but none of the stuff I like is in the charts.

I don't like Rihanna, I don't get her so I don't watch her. And if I did happen upon her playing I wouldn't start a thread moaning about her 'classlessness' like some sad old git who has forgotten what it's like to be young.

Engineer is right, half time is when you make yourself a cup of tea and do the washing up.

The idea of a half time show is a bit strange. I don't know if they have one at the FA Cup but if they do it's never shown. We have a load of punters talking about the game and poring over video replay.

I don't get American Football either, I do get the concept of loyalty to team sports though, and judging from other threads, I understand it was a good game, much loved by one and all. Fair play.

Like I said, I don't get it, do I don't watch it, which is very easy over here as it's aired at a very antisocial hour.

The very notion that I would stay up late on a Sunday night/Monday morning to watch a sporting event I don't understand, only to start a thread complaining about what I didn't understand is absurd.

I don't know why people do it, it's so sad.
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 07:29 am
@Glennn,
If you read the reviews, most commentators do not share your opinion. Of course, personal tastes differ, but it's easy enough to change the channel or take a bathroom break if she is not to your liking.
NSFW (view)
Glennn

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 12:17 pm
@Glennn,
What does NSFW mean?
InfraBlue

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 12:34 pm
@Glennn,
Not Safe For Work

Have you sent a letter of complaint to FOX and the NFL?
0 Replies

thack45

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 12:51 pm
@Glennn,
Rest easy friend. He gets us. All of us.
0 Replies

Glennn

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 01:05 pm
Not safe for work?

I wonder whose work is threatened by descriptions of public events.

Shouldn't they . . . rest easy?
neptuneblue

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 01:10 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
So, in your own words, explain why her lewd and lascivious behavior differs from that of others.

It doesn't. You're acting like these types of actions has NEVER happened in Entertainment before!

Remember Elvis? https://outsider.com/entertainment/elvis-presley-iconic-dance-moves-almost-got-him-arrested/

Or Bobby Brown? https://www.wtvm.com/story/39032535/singer-bobby-browns-arrest-for-lewd-law-violation-in-columbus-highlighted-in-new-movie/

Grace Jones wore shaving cream as a top, on stage in the 1980's. Almost got arrested for that.

Courtney Love.

The list goes on and on.

My point is...

Life goes on. And you should too.

Glennn

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 01:37 pm
@neptuneblue,
This is what I mean. You're of the mind tha it's okay to feel yourself up in public if it's done in the name of entertainment by someone deemed important even though to circumvent common decency laws.

So, your response is that anyone who doesn't like it should ease up and accept it as just the way things are and move on.

Thank you.

Does anyone else have a similar, but different, justification for leaning towards the idea that it's okay to feel yourself up in public if it's done in the name of entertainment by someone deemed important enough to circumvent common decency laws?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 01:38 pm
@Glennn,
It was most likely prompted by your masturbatory prurience, nobody wants to come across that in the workplace.
Glennn

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 01:56 pm
@izzythepush,
This is good.

You must be of the opinion that the legality concerning lewd and indecent behavior depends on who is being lewd and indecent. Isn't that a double standard? Yes it is. You know that, don't you?

So your way out of that kind of double standard is to claim that I am somehow gratified by criticizing it?

You haven't explained why people applaud classlessness. It's easy to lose yourself when you're angry and forget the question.
engineer

Thu 16 Feb, 2023 02:17 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

You must be of the opinion that the legality concerning lewd and indecent behavior depends on who is being lewd and indecent.

The legality of lewd behavior has been decided many times. Free expression is constitutionally protected. What you consider lewd is not legally enforceable. You can morally enforce it though ... by turning the channel.

1. Forums
  2. » Why do People Applaud a Classless Rihanna?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:50:38