Just want to mention...

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 01:10 pm
...that about a month ago, Nancy had a spot show up in her annual mammogram. It called for a scan...and the small lump was verified. That led to a needle biopsy...which came back positive for malignancy.

She had a lumpectomy last week. We went to the doctor today for the pathology report...and it was very, very good. The mass was very small...and had been detected early. Stage 1A. No metastases to the lymph nodes. She will see a medical oncologist in about three weeks. More than likely there will be radiation...and less likely, chemo.

She is in great spirits...and we both feel like a weight has been lifted.

It always somethin'!

Anyway...for the women among us...be sure to get an annual mammogram. They are important.

f.

Mame

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 01:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm so glad to hear it's resolved, for the most part.

My mother (at 85) was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer last year. She has decided to treat it holistically, for some reason and whatever that means. It's too bad because she could have an outcome like Nancy's. Her sister had breast cancer twice, 10 years apart, and eventually died of it even though she was aggressive about treatments. We are all women in our family and we all regularly have mammograms.

Thanks for thinking of us here, Frank, and again, I'm so glad it was taken care of promptly!
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 01:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That's good news, Frank, glad it was caught soon.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 01:52 pm
Yes being caught early is the key. Breast Cancer runs in my mother’s side of the family. My grandmother had three daughters. First my grandmother passed away from breast cancer when I was about five years old, then her oldest daughter, then my mother. I still have my mother’s younger sister alive and living in Manhattan, New York. She's Cancer free.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 03:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Good news Frank, and I echo what you've just said, breast cancer killed my wife at the age of 41.
jcboy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 05:52 pm
@izzythepush,
You know my oldest aunt was only 42 at the time and my mom was only 40, I was a teenager when she passed away. I still remember.
joe 2nation

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 06:10 pm
This is really good news, Frank, after the bad news. So glad Nancy has a path to recovery.
Hoping for the very best.
Joe.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 01:35 am
@jcboy,
My oldest was 12, my youngest 4.

It's a real killer, glad it was caught early this time.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 02:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
So good that your wife has had a good outcome.

I had my regular mammogram last Wednesday, just waiting for the results now.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 02:31 am
@cherrie,
Fingers crossed. Take care.
cherrie

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 02:32 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 02:38 am
@cherrie,
You're a breath of fresh air, always kind and helpful.

We could all learn from you.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2023 03:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That's great news Frank, everybody hates getting sick but it sure feels great when it's cured.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2023 03:56 pm
Thanks for the kind thoughts of everyone here.

Hope you are all well.

Nancy will be seeing the medical oncology people and the radiation folks sometime next week. Radiation seems inevitable...jury is still out on chemo.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Just want to mention...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 02:07:59