Barbara Walters Died

snood

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 02:57 am
She had a one of a kind career. She blazed the way for literally hundreds. maybe thousands of women who saw her as an inspiration.
Often imitated, sometimes ridiculed. Controversial, innovative in her approach to interviewing.
This was maybe the best tribute of its kind I've ever seen. All or most of the currently working national news and news-entertainment anchors that she had inspired came to her last day on the air on The View (the march on of the anchors starts at about 2:43):

And here is my favorite impression of Walters from another great, Gilda Radner:

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 269 • Replies: 5

jcboy

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 04:17 am
@snood,
R.I.P. Ms. Walters. She definitely left her mark on this world.
snood

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 04:23 am
@jcboy,
She ******* dismantled Trump way back in 1990:

Mame

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 06:55 am
@snood,
Way to go, Barbara! Great snippet there, snood. I hadn't seen that one of hers. And I loved Gilda's impression of her. Two great women, you're right.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 09:17 am
@snood,
I watched that clip yesterday and the line of women just went on and on.

I recognized some of them- Kathie Lee Gifford, Hoda Kotb, Jane Pauley. They were of all races, various ages, and from Fox News to ABC and everywhere in between. Just a stunning tribute.
snood

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 09:41 am
@jespah,
It was. All those women seemed very sincere in their honoring and showing affection for Walters. And she seemed very moved by it. It was a rare case of someone actually getting their flowers while they're still here.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Barbara Walters Died
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:44:28