Summer's Almost Over...

Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 02:46 pm
Quite simply:
Bring on winter...The best season of all!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:03 pm
I feel very cold already
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:04 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Not a moment too soon, say I. Having suffered through the sweltering summer heat and humidity, I am soooo ready for the most wonderful months of the year -- September and October.

Ditto. Love fall.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:08 pm
Summer's almost over?

Doesn't feel like it here today...

but it's about freaking time.

We're in the middle of a tornado watch, it's hot and humid and I hate the feeling of air-conditioning and fans on bare skin. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:10 pm
Reyn wrote:
Merry Andrew wrote:
Not a moment too soon, say I. Having suffered through the sweltering summer heat and humidity, I am soooo ready for the most wonderful months of the year -- September and October. The kids are back in school and out of the way......I have scant love for those hot summer months.

You've got my vote. For someone like me who has an outside job, the heat makes the work so much harder. Sad

How hot does it get in BC Reyn?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:11 pm
I'm with nimh on the panic thing. (Was going to say virtually exactly the same thing, then checked previous page.)

I like September and October fine, and even have fondness for the first few snows of the year. But last winter was one of the most difficult periods of my life, literally, stuck inside with a sick, recovering-and-grumpy, or god-I-hope-she-doesn't-get-sick-again kid from about November straight through to March or so. Absolutely awful. Has seriously impacted my previous enjoyment/ anticipation of a proper winter.

If this winter is healthier, may change back a bit. But I love being able to just walk out the door into the nice weather (can do without hot, but we've just gone to the pool every really hot day).
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:01 pm
Amigo wrote:
I feel very cold already

Maybe this will help!
http://www.skisharehouse.com/WinterHouse.JPG

Very Happy Oh boy I can hardly wait! Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:09 pm
Our perceptions have all been shaped by school starting in the fall, turning September and October into months of beginnings.

In the "natural" world, spring is the season for beginnings and autumn is the time of harvest.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:15 pm
Crying or Very sad why Crying or Very sad stop Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:18 pm
Quote:
In the "natural" world, spring is the season for beginnings and autumn is the time of harvest

Well, I like summer -- but Spring is actually my favorite time. You're right, Noddy. In the Spring, everything's waking up after the winter, the flowers, trees and grass. It's a time of rebirth.

..always lifts my spirits...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:21 pm
Autumn promises frost which means the end of allergy season.

ahhhhhhhhhh, it's safe again
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:23 pm
It is so hot here in this state of Texas that I can't stand to walk outside to get into the hot car. The garage feels like hell itself. Will be sooo glad when about Sept. 15 hits when we can open our windows, turn off that AC. Sept.Oct.&Nov. are heavenly here. Winter is rather ugly with no snow on the bare brown ground.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:25 pm
Autumn? Crying or Very sad Pleas tell me an Autmn storry. Smile
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:26 pm
Here in New England there is no such season as 'Spring.' We go straight from snow on the ground to everything in full bloom overnight, it seems, except for a short one-month 'mud season', as the local farmers call it. Mud. mud, beautiful mud which is a great boon to breeding mosquitoes. I envy all those who rhapsodise about Spring. Think I'll have to move further west.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:17 pm
I was deep winter born, but very summer loving. I am much happier shedding the layers than piling on more.

And the sun. The imperial life giving force that keeps me smiling during the long languid days of summer and sleeps far to early during the winter making me feel like going into a hibernation with the bears.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:20 pm
crap I noticed like the it waslike almost getting pretty dark lastnight at about 8:30pm that depressed me alot.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:42 pm
Amigo wrote:
Autumn? Crying or Very sad Pleas tell me an Autmn storry. Smile

In the Autumn of 1888 Grampa and Gramma decided it was time to leave their home located near Ruggles Gap. With no other choice they soon were living in Idaho growing potatoes and eating cobwebs for dinner (it was a bad year for spuds). Soon they looked in the sky and saw the geese heading south in their familiar V shaped formation. Grampa turned to Gramma and finally asked her for her hand in marriage. Being an old fashioned gal she drank down her 4th quart of potato vodka and whacked him over the head with the bottle.
"Can't even provide me with proper corn liquor you miserable old goat" to which Grampa responded "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
As the autumn turned to winter Mighty Mouse flew into town and realizing the deplorable mess that he had left when he had not removed Oil Can Harry from town he jumped into his magic sailing ship and....

story to be continued.....

(or did you want me to sing The Autumn Wind?)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:47 pm
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:56 pm
Think of all the great ballads in honor of Autumn:

September Song
The Falling Leaves
Autumn in Vermont

etc.

How many paeans to Spring can you think of?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:28 pm
Summer over? I just know Bush has somthing to do with this.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 04:27:46