The line

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 04:29 pm
hehhe

he gets funny when he drinks..
0 Replies

ksanfo

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 04:32 pm
just one berr an all ofa suden i'm durnk?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:19 pm
hey shewolf, smell my finger.

(that was a good one ksanfo....farts on my finger....hehehehe......ewww)
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 07:23 pm
We do have root beer for the children.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 06:12 am
why does your finger smell like his butt? Confused

freak
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 06:40 am
oh, you know what his butt smells like, and I'm the freak. Rolling Eyes

move up, willya? the line's moving.

this is about the 40th time I've had to point out to you the line....moved....forward.

I think I'll just poke you with a stick from now on.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 07:18 pm
there must be over 10,000,000 people in line.

Do they have enough grilled cheese for all of us?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 07:50 pm
ksanfo wrote:
so is there like a double meaning for this line other than just being a line?

I have been standing here in line, ksanfo, mulling over your question for a couple of weeks. Is there a double meaning? Hell, I am not sure that there is even a single meaning. But this thread and this line keep going after several years. I know that we all want grilled cheese sandwiches. I reckon we are agreed upon that.

Beyond that, why do we stay here? I reckon it is an individual choice. I have my reasons and they are probably totally different from other folks' reasons.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 08:04 pm
I could walk when I first got into this line.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 08:15 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
ksanfo wrote:

I have been standing here in line, ksanfo, mulling over your question for a couple of weeks. Is there a double meaning? Hell, I am not sure that there is even a single meaning. But this thread and this line keep going after several years. I know that we all want grilled cheese sandwiches. I reckon we are agreed upon that.

Beyond that, why do we stay here? I reckon it is an individual choice. I have my reasons and they are probably totally different from other folks' reasons.

What have you been smokin' dude?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:30 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
ksanfo wrote:

I believe the "line" as it were, is an avatar, a cloak...an object du comp, which, when taken as such, is the vehicle of the absurdity of life, erego, the waiting (or not waiting, as it were) is, for lack of a better term, "the thing."

Know what I mean?

Wait...is that grilled cheese I smell? Oh my god, I think I see the smoke off in the distance where they're making the grilled cheese sandwiches! <begins jumping up and down excitedly> Oh, could it be?! Could we be getting to the front of the line finally after all these years?!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:47 pm
Thank you, Kicky, for understanding what Chai could not.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 06:46 pm
Some folks near me, in front of me and behind, have left for a few days. We agreed to hold their places while they spin the driedal in celebration of Chanukah. They will do the same for us at Christmas.

Muslims and Mormans? Still to be decided.

I smell cheese. We are making progress, ever so slowly, in getting to our goal: grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 10:16 pm
That's not cheese. The guy behind you hasn't showered for a few days, that's all.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 10:25 pm
Ok, I'm walking through A2k and I smell grilled cheese. As I approach, I see all sorts of bizarre otherworldly folks. Yet the enticing smell of grilling cheddar pulls me into this morass of silliness....

Where do I get a flippin" number for this abominable line....

And what is a wolf doing here smackin' its gums...

RH
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 10:30 pm
Nothing. Same as the rest of us. We're just here because of the cheese smell.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 12:42 am
<Jumping up and down behind Kicky>
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 03:18 pm
Chai wrote:
realjohnboy wrote:
ksanfo wrote:

What have you been smokin' dude?

This is a true story as reported on NPR recently about something that relates to our willingness to stand in line, in our case for years, for free grilled cheese sandwiches.
This professor of economics gave each kid who came to his door on Halloween three Hershey Kisses, those foil wrapped pieces of candy that weigh at most a 1/4th of an ounce each.
When I was a kid such a meagre offering would have resulted in his car getting toilet papered, but then he offered them a deal: they could trade one of the Kisses for a one-ounce Snicker's bar or two of the Kisses for a two-ounce Snicker's bar. The better deal, of course, is the second one if the goal is to maximize the net weight of the candy received. And that is the one the kids went for.

Then he changed the rules. The kids could exchange one of the Kisses for a large Snickers, or they could keep all three Kisses and get the small Snickers for FREE. Not a good choice if the goal is to maximize the weight of candy received, but there is an allure attached to the word FREE and that is what the majority of the kids went for.

I just thought I would tell you that, Chai dude.
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 05:07 pm
The Grilled Cheese truck is here,

They have 10,000,000 hot grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone to have some.

Some with bacon, some with ham, some plain cheese.

They are good the wait, was worth it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 05:07 pm
(fart)
0 Replies