Divorceable Offense (or at least a separation)?

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 10:08 am
Many of you guys know the saga I have with my wife and her sons. A number of you keep wondering why I stay in this relationship. I guess maybe the things I post hear haven't risen to the level of wanting to separate or even cash in this marriage and divorce her. Well, let me ask this.

Many of you know that my wife's youngest son, the pot head, has this on and off again relationship with this girl he lives with. I won't get into the drama or history of their relationship because it's posted here already. They had another fight several weeks ago and mom allowed him to move back to our house, again. He swears all up and down that he's done with her this time but that's the same thing he said the last time, the time before that, and the time before that. Well when he came here with his sob story momma made the decision that he was moving back home no matter what because she was trying to get him away from this girl. I told her it's not all this girl's fault because every time he comes here complaining about her within a few days or weeks he's right back there with her. I looked him dead in his face and I told him this was the last time he would be allowed to come back to this house. So we had to rearrange the spare bedroom for him and his stuff. But not to mention that he had brought a dog with him too. Many years ago we bought puppies for the kids. My wife had a shih tzu and I got a Siberian husky. The shih tzu died a number of years ago and in the past few years the husky's health declined. She died earlier this summer. My step-son had that dog with him. The wife and I went to the beach a few summers ago and he took her to watch while we were away. He just kept her with him. After our husky died he went to a shelter and adopted another husky. So now he is back home with another dog in tow.

This past weekend my wife and I were out of town and she gets a call from her oldest son and he was wanting her to rent him a U-Haul so he could move his stuff out of the boarding house he was staying in. He was renting a room from a guy and the guy's daughter told my step-son and I guess everyone else who was in the house that they needed to be out of the house that night because her mom was being released from prison and she was moving back in. I feel this way and the law also states that if you're paying rent somewhere they can't ask you to move out with a day's notice. They need to give you at least 30 days or either go through eviction processes. So now he has no where to go. Up until last week he was supposed to go stay somewhere else. Yesterday I went to go visit my parents and when I got home the oldest step son was in the spare bedroom cleaning it out again because now he is back home. I asked my wife why wasn't I notified of this change? Again she was like "I'm not having my child sleeping in his car or homeless." Then I asked how that was going to work for the two boys and she said that the youngest will stay somewhere else when the older brother is here. I guess they're alternating when they sleep here. My guess is that the youngest son is now back with his girlfriend and he's just telling momma that he's staying with a friend. He may be pulling the wool over his momma's eyes but definitely not mine. So now we have both the grown boys here and neither of them work. The oldest sells drugs and is a low level weed and cocaine dealer even though he is a convicted felon and the youngest just does food deliveries. I don't know anyone who survives on food deliveries alone. Oh, and the oldest has 2 dogs too. In our back yard there are two pit bulls and I do not deal with pit bulls. So right now there are three dogs tied up outside. How can two people who can hardly support themselves have dogs.

So I do feel that my wife, their mom, knew she had agreed for her other son to move back home temporarily and you know the old saying, "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission." My wife probably knew on the road trip home she had agreed to let him move back in. And then all day Sun she didn't say one word to me. Even while I was at my parent's house there was no phone call or text to say "here's what's going on." I rolled up at home and he was already here.

I'm done! Would this be the final nail in the coffin or straw that broke the camel's back for you to want to move out and let them have this place? She doesn't understand that these boys want to be grown but she still treats them like babies. They won't ever learn to figure things out unless she tells them no. They run to mommy for everything. But when I put my foot down I usually get over ruled.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 314 • Replies: 11

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 11:10 am
@Barry2021,
Nobody here is a divorce lawyer, and even if they were, advising you is against A2K's t.o.s.

If you want to divorce your wife see a lawyer.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 11:25 am
@Barry2021,
Well, I never thought you two were well-suited and have been wondering, as you know, why you're even together. Now you have to cohabit with two grown men and 3 dogs, two of which you "don't deal" with.

As izzy says, I'd get a divorce lawyer right now. And move out.
Barry2021

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 11:44 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Well, I never thought you two were well-suited and have been wondering, as you know, why you're even together. Now you have to cohabit with two grown men and 3 dogs, two of which you "don't deal" with.

As izzy says, I'd get a divorce lawyer right now. And move out.

It's just stressful to be in this relationship with a woman who values her kids much higher than she values her marriage. You wake up and prepare yourself to start working but then when you clock in you have another grown adult still in their room with the door shut sleeping like they don't have a care in the world. I keep telling my wife to let them fail at some things in life. The only way you learn to do anything is to fail at some things.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 11:44 am
@Mame,
If nothing else it will answer the question of if he should pay for repairs to his parent's house as he'll be living there.
Mame

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
IF he goes there - don't forget, there is his brother and nephew there already. Maybe they could move in with his wife and she can support all of the non-working and he could move in with his parents.
0 Replies

Barry2021

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 11:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

If nothing else it will answer the question of if he should pay for repairs to his parent's house as he'll be living there.

Trust me, I'm not going back to my parent's house. If I'm leaving then my salary will be going with me so I'm going to get my own place.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 12:07 pm
@Barry2021,
I couldn't live with my father either.

I've got the opposite dynamic, living with my two grown up sons and daughter in law.

We all get on very well, lockdown was fine.

I'm widowed, and your posts make me appreciate being so.
Barry2021

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 12:57 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I couldn't live with my father either.

I've got the opposite dynamic, living with my two grown up sons and daughter in law.

We all get on very well, lockdown was fine.

I'm widowed, and your posts make me appreciate being so.

It's just frustrating when your wife is making household decisions without consulting you on them first. I'm not talking about her trading in her car and coming home with a different one. Yes, that's happened before. Or her dropping $1000 on a new washer or dryer. She has literally moved both her sons back here without any discussion from or with me. But we can sit and discuss how my 53 year old brother moved back home with our parents with his grown son and that's just a shame. However, her boys are different.

But the wife doesn't think she's done anything wrong.
Mame

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 12:59 pm
@Barry2021,
Barry2021 wrote:

It's just frustrating when your wife is making household decisions without consulting you on them first. ... She has literally moved both her sons back here without any discussion from or with me.

It's very disrespectful.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 01:37 pm
@Barry2021,
It looks like you've made your mind up, good luck.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2022 05:52 pm
@Barry2021,
I wished you'd be more compassionate and helpful with the ones you know versus complete strangers that come into your church. At any point my adult children need to move home because they've lost control of their lives -- then they are more than welcome to.

You've acted so poorly and harshly with the people you proclaim to love that they just don't care about you or your opinion anymore. You, as a step-parent, who have spent the majority of their lives with them, provided shitty guidance, a hard core mentality and no support system they could count on.

You call them names and disapprove of their every move yet offer no help, guidance, love or compassion. It's a vicious cycle YOU'VE taught them. You work a dead end job, complain every single day about how unfair Life's treated you, are broke beyond words and are the most disagreeable person even with the slightest of issues.

And you wonder how those two boys act the way they do.

Go ahead, say you're leaving. We all know what a big lie that is. You can't afford half of the household bills yet somehow you think you can qualify for an apartment and associated bills? Yeah, that's a no go.

Instead, you'll spend the remainder of your days hostile and belligerent. It' won't occur to you that you are the common denominator.

If you feel like changing something, I highly suggest you look in a mirror. Start there.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Divorceable Offense (or at least a separation)?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:17:44