adopted by a cat

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 08:09 am
Yes we've been adopted by a cat. It's young, healthy looking and fixed.
It must live nearby, but as yet I know not by who. The thing is, it comes calling during the day and strolls into the house has a good look round and then wants food and attention. My old dog will be turning in his grave.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,147 • Replies: 39
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 08:22 am
Enjoy!!! heehee
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 09:54 am
You've named it already, right?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 10:20 am
oss, I've kept it simple, Moggy is it's name
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 10:51 am
And a fine name it is then.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 10:52 am
Barney was almost named Moggy too.

By the way, I used to have a cat like that visit, too. One day it showed up wearing a collar and a note "Please don't feed me. I have a home." Don't get too attached right away.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 12:22 pm
Hey Roger ------- A few years ago we had a similar experience with a supposedly stray cat. Notes went back and forth between us and it's owners.
This current cat is being fussed and encouraged by my daughter, but she's leaving the family nest in a weeks time, SOOOOO, sanity and a sence of order might return.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 01:10 pm
John

Enjoy the cat - he's obviously a friendly soul!

Your daughter is trying to find someone to keep you both company, when she moves out! AS most of us can attest - cats and computers just go together!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 01:14 pm
I was a cat hater -- a serious cat hater.

A little kitten adopted me -- and became a companion so close there were times I wanted to change its name to Tattoo. (I had named him Cat -- although he often signed cards, Kat or Katt or Catt!) (Everyone remembered his name!)

I now am a cat person and proud of it.

Love the cat. He probably has other people who belong to him, but he sounds like a good neighbor.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 01:23 pm
I don't mind cats, they have this mystique, an aloofness that can be quite annoying for some people. We wont chase him/her away but we'll restrict it's time in the house.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 01:39 pm
I love cats as well and your new friend sounds like my kind of cat :-)
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 01:45 pm
hey Gezzy ---- If you'd like him, I could always e-mail him to you, in a Zip file
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 02:13 pm
LOL. I'd love to have him, but my son is allergic to them, which is why I don't have one.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 09:34 pm
Frank Apisa, I can relate!

I was a cat hater all my life. Long story, childhood impression turned inside out.

When my daughter Rae came to live with me over a year ago, she missed her cat terribly. I vowed I would get her one, which I did, for Mother's Day, from the Humane Society. When I walked in there, I didn't have a clue what to look for, I just knew she loved Tabbies! Inside the door, there was a tabby in a cage, I told the lady I would like him, so wrap him up. She took him out of the cage, placed him on the counter while she prepared the carrier, and "Paddy" proceeded to run the length of the counter, knocking everything in his path to the floor and across the room. All the employees looked at me wondering if I would change my mind. But no, I decided he was spirited!

First, Rae was shocked because she knew how I felt about cats. She was also ecstatic, and they were inseparable for about a week. Rae went away on vacation for a week, so Paddy decided I was better than nothing:) WE became INSEPARABLE, and he adoped me as his MOM. To this day, he is my best bud! I don't know what I ever did without him!

Oh, by the way, Rae now has a tuxedo kitten whom she loves, and of course this kitten (Lacey) loves her, so we're both happy!

Enjoy your cat, because they are special and yes, they do have souls:)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 09:40 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YAAAAEYdp5wIzTdye8kWofukpNvVTWqsvpg0AtDTZnKKFz2ynLWI!powoiNa3hLiOg3pQz3ovewKGMfnzWC0HFezn5f422J56eszwgPf2Q3KJw1f1EI8IsSmPAo55CYj57sYMlt9bIcAAAAAAAAAAA/Jens-first-pictures-0080.jpg?dc=4675415611502368982

Above is PADDY.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAAAANUYwhEK18pspA!m0SsaNzqksJ7XamFrVqKgs4IR2k2XTn2i!OkHvjCBRprg1mYUwo874iQFZZlo40Nd65OxkLEh6678GeKOFGQQ8nGkrydXF!nTo7piaBkwSnfE/Cat-Fiesta-001.jpg?dc=4675411636147312014

This is LACEY.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 10:50 pm
Both sweeties.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 11:40 pm
Awwww Misti, what a sweet story and wonderful pics of your cats :-D
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 04:39 am
Misti - Paddy looks just like Mister Kat. he came to us as a stray in '69. My parents kept him when I went off to school, and then gave him to an aunt and uncle when they retired and hit the road in '79. The last time I saw him was on vacation in '80.

Give Paddy a hug for me!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 04:22 pm
The cat who adopted me, Bully, died a few months ago after tolerating me for almost 15 years.

I was working as a bartender when I found this scruffy thin cat howling away. I picked her up, carried her to work, plopped her down on the back bar with a wad of turkey and a bowl of milk and later took her home. She stayed for 15 years, agreeing only to eat my food and let me touch her once in a while.

My old cat, Boomerang, who turned 20 this year, could never abide this interloper which may have been the reason that Bully kept her distance. Still, Bully was always happy to put the dogs in their place (those damn interlopers) and she would look at you when she felt like it.

Oh man. I miss that cat like mad.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 02:35 am
John

An update on the cat situation??? Question
0 Replies