If You Were Talking To Jesus...

ascribbler

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 12:46 am
Quote:
If You Were Talking To Jesus...

If I were talking to Jesus then at best I'd be a delusional theist, and at worst certifiably insane.

"Hey dude, great chatting with you.

Yes, I understand that the myths are allegorical.

Of course I'm behaving myself and paying the taxes.

The love is good, thank you. Just the one request:

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 05:09 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

If anyone misunderstands what Jesus was saying, it is you 'coluber', do you even know what Jesus said and if so, how do you know what he said?

Do you?

Do you KNOW what "Jesus" said? Do you even KNOW that the person to whom you refer as "Jesus" even existed?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 05:13 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
If he was a mystic, and I suspect that he was,

Nice to see that you believe that he existed. And the only reason you can believe that he did exist, is because you believe the words of those who bore witness to his existence.

Nonsense.

You can "believe" something simply because you want to "believe" it...for no reason at all.

Quote:
Quote:
we all know what mystics say or don't say.

Do we now?

And what did those, whose written records of his life, whose records you believe, record what he had said and done in his life on earth?

I very much doubt that you even know what he said 'coluber'.

I doubt you do either, Anointed.

So what?
The Anointed

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 05:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Nonsense. You can "believe" something simply because you want to "believe" it...for no reason at all.

But not you Frankie baby, because you can't believe anything, we all know that you do not do believing. What a joke you are sunshine.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 06:03 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
Nonsense. You can "believe" something simply because you want to "believe" it...for no reason at all.

But not you Frankie baby, because you can't believe anything...

At no point have I ever suggested that I "can't believe" anything. Of course I CAN "believe" anything...just as anyone else CAN "believe" anything. I simply choose not to "believe" stuff that has to do with the ultimate Reality...whether there are any gods or not.

Note that I CHOOSE not to. I could, and have several times, simply flip a coin...and allow that flip to determine my blind guess...or, as you would call it, my "belief."

Quote:
...we all know that you do not do believing.

Correct. I do not. I choose not to do "believing" (on this issue, for the most part).

Quote:
What a joke you are sunshine.

I'm laughing at you, Anointed. YOU are the joke. And I truly enjoy you.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:46 am
Nietzsche said God is dead, and thank goodness. God the patriarch no longer has a place in this world if we are to save it. God is a concept that has to be implanted through indoctrination early in life, and this concept displaces the divine.

The divine is always a subjective perception, a relationship between mind and nature. The patriarchal God represents the domination of mind over nature, whereas the Goddess represents a balance between the two.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 04:19 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Nietzsche said God is dead and thank goodness.

And was this before or after he suffered a complete loss of his mental faculties?
0 Replies

kjw47

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2022 12:51 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
In the OT nearly 6800 spots-GOD or LORD all capitols=YHWH(Jehovah)--men who had no right removed Gods name by satans will to mislead. God willed his name in every one of those spots, because he wants it there, and over 200 spots in the NT where the OT is quoted and the name belongs. It is called the tetragramoton=YHWH-- Thus so when Jesus is called Lord all think its referring to LORD found in the OT but it isnt because LORD does not belong there. It has caused major confusion within the 34,000 religions claiming to be christian. According to 1 Cor 1:10( a true mark)--a single religion has Jesus. Therest are a mass of confusion.
0 Replies