5
   

Biden's America #2

 
 
Real Music
 
  1  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 12:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
(Some) reasons people proclaim themselves to be independents:

1. They feel that their political party is too far to the right.
2. They feel that their political party is not far enough to the right.
3. They feel that their political party is too far the left.
4. They feel that their political party is not far enough to the left.
5. So, I don't see no one single reason people proclaim themselves to be independents.


I, on the other hand, consider myself a democrat.
I am registered as a democrat.
I will definitely vote all democrats on my ballot.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 12:34 pm
Reasons I will pick and choose among Dems and third parties:
1. Dems are right wing and a party of warmongers, with few exceptions.
2. They speak the rhetoric for the people but always have a Manchin to keep most of it from happening.
3. People like Biden openly break their promises.
4. Dems will never fight for good health care.
5. Biden is actively pushing Trump's program to privatize Social Security
6. Oil exploration on public land under Biden is expanding.
7. Biden promised to back a George Floyd act but didn't
8. Biden is fine with getting inflation under control on the backs of workers.
9. etcetera
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  2  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 04:31 pm
Biden White House expertly TROLLS GOP hypocrites

The White House Twitter account trolled GOP lawmakers complaining about student loan forgiveness. John Iadarola, Cenk Uygur and Francesca Fiorentini discuss on The Young Turks.


Published Aug 26, 2022




"The White House on Thursday publicly called out Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.),
Matt Gaetz (Fla.) and other Republican lawmakers who criticized student loan debt relief
but benefited from debt forgiveness of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans
during the pandemic.

“Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene had $183,504 in PPP loans forgiven,” the White House tweeted, sharing a link to the lawmaker complaining on Newsmax that it’s “completely unfair” for the government “just to say ‘ok’ your debt is completely forgiven.”

In 2020, her family’s construction company received upward of $182,000 in loans that did not have to be paid back, according to a ProPublica database. Including interest, the total amount forgiven was $183,504. Greene’s office did not immediately return a request for comment Thursday."
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 05:50 pm
Nixon soured me on Republicans but it took Reagan to convince me never to vote for one no matter what. The Bushes showed this to be the correct position.

I still fancied myself a Democrat when Clinton declared his candidacy. The man dazzled me. I had visions that he would return us to the glory of the New Deal. Turned out he finished Reagan's work. And he made
the Democratic Party a right wing enterprise. They are taking us in the same direction as the Republicans, by a slower route. As long as Democrats believe their party has their best interests at heart the cause is lost.
Real Music
 
  0  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 09:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
They are taking us in the same direction as the Republicans, by a slower route.

1. In my opinion, no political party is perfect.

2. And it is unrealistic to ever think that any particular political party is perfect.

3. In my opinion, no individual candidate is perfect.

4. And it is unrealistic to ever think that any particular individual candidate is perfect.

5. With all things considered, I don't believe the Democrats are taking us in the same direction
as the Republicans.

6. With all things considered, I believe the difference between the Democrats and Republicans
is like night and day.



Quote:
As long as Democrats believe their party has their best interests at heart the cause is lost.

1. I strongly disagree with your assertion.

2. I am a Democrat.

3. I am registered as a Democrat.

4. I genuinely and truly believe that the democratic party has my best interest
and the nation's best interest at heart.

5. I believe that the Democrats have continued to demonstrate that they have my best interest
and the nation's best interest at heart.

6. Although, I disagree with your opinion on this specific assertion, I still respect your difference in opinion.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 10:14 pm
I don't ask perfection, just correctly aimed effort, which we are not seeing.
Real Music
 
  2  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 10:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
1. I am actually happy with what the democrats have achieved.

2. (Some) progressive positions, I might (partially) agree with.

3. (Some) progressive positions, I might (partially) disagree with.

4. Sometimes I agree with progressive positions.

5. But, there are also times when I might disagree with progressive positions.

6. Sometimes the devil is in the details.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 10:55 pm
I could sit here and make a long list of why Democrats are failing us. But instead I am going to put articles of information here as I come across them, just as I have from the beginning. I don't think my discussion with you is going anywhere and I don't want to expend further energy in that direction.
Real Music
 
  2  
Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2022 11:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
1. I respect your opinions and your postings.

2. I will put articles and videos here as I come across them, but showing more
of how much I approve of Biden and the democratic party.
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 05:57 am

https://iili.io/45zayP.jpg
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  0  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 06:23 am
Joe Quigley
·
For those all panicky.
A forgiven loan means it is gone with no repayment.
So all you people mad you have to pay for someone else's education are getting all worked up over nothing. No one is paying back another person's loan.
If you owe me 10 and i say never mind, no one has to give me 10.
edgarblythe
 
  0  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 06:47 am

TRUMP WANTED TO PRIVATIZE MEDICARE. BIDEN’S LETTING IT HAPPEN

onald Trump claimed to be a supporter of Medicare, yet his administration took numerous steps to cut its budget and introduce schemes to privatize it, including the Direct Contracting Entity (DCE) program, also known as ACO REACH. Rather than overturn this program, President Biden and his administration have been quietly letting it continue.

https://therealnews.com/trump-wanted-to-privatize-medicare-bidens-letting-it-happen
edgarblythe
 
  0  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 07:33 am
WASHINGTON — After decades of failed attempts, Democrats passed legislation that aims to rein in the soaring costs of drugs for some in the United States.

It will take years for people to realize some of the most significant savings promised in the climate and health care bill that President Joe Biden signed this month.

That new bargaining power won’t kick in until 2025, when Medicare is able to haggle over the price of 10 drugs covered by its prescription plan. By 2029, Medicare will be able to negotiate the cost of as many as 60 drugs.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  2  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 11:23 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Joe Quigley
·
For those all panicky.
A forgiven loan means it is gone with no repayment.
So all you people mad you have to pay for someone else's education are getting all worked up over nothing. No one is paying back another person's loan.
If you owe me 10 and i say never mind, no one has to give me 10.


1. It is my understanding that money owed to the government is the same thing as taxes owed to the government.
2. It is my understanding that taxes/money owed to the government is part of the federal budget.



edgarblythe
 
  0  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 11:28 am
@Real Music,
It is my conviction that education ought to be free.
Real Music
 
  3  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 11:43 am
@edgarblythe,
1. I presently don't support the idea of free college as being a right.

2. I do see myself supporting ways of making college more affordable for everyone.

3. As in most complex issues, there will be pros and cons to proposals and potential solutions.

4. It is essential to recognize and understand the pros and cons to any proposal or potential solution.

5. I know I've said this before, but it's worth repeating:
The devil is in the details.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 11:44 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:


TRUMP WANTED TO PRIVATIZE MEDICARE. BIDEN’S LETTING IT HAPPEN

onald Trump claimed to be a supporter of Medicare, yet his administration took numerous steps to cut its budget and introduce schemes to privatize it, including the Direct Contracting Entity (DCE) program, also known as ACO REACH. Rather than overturn this program, President Biden and his administration have been quietly letting it continue.

https://therealnews.com/trump-wanted-to-privatize-medicare-
bidens-letting-it-happen



When I worked at the apartments I had a few conversations with a woman I will just call FNL (for Fox News Lady). FNL railed about how we need to support all the more drastic conservative positions when we vote. I countered her harangue with a simple: "I always check to see who is trying hardest to take away my Social Security."

She said, "There are things more important than that."

Knowing I would be almost wholly dependent on my SS check in a few years, I knew that in my and millions of other cases, few things are even that important.

Since my wife and I became dependent on SS and Medicare we have seen our benefits cut steadily. The year she had her knee replacement surgery is a perfect illustration. She had the first in Feb. She was given wonderful treatment and had had physical therapy before going home. She was able to walk in thee front door. Near the end of the same year we went in expecting a repeat. If I had known how benefits had been cut I could have done things differently for her. Same medical team as before. They rushed her through with minimal attention and immediately sent home without checking to see if she was going to be able to walk. I hadn't known to prepare for this. She ended up having to scoot herself backward up the steps and crawl through the front door.

Biden is doing his bit to **** us on it also. Give me a reason to like voting for this "most progressive Democrat since Roosevelt."
edgarblythe
 
  0  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 11:45 am
@Real Music,
We've already discussed it. You don't. I do. So be it.
0 Replies
 
Mame
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 12:04 pm
They cut your benefits?? How could they do that? There would be an uproar here were that to be proposed. Actually, someone mentioned our benefits are also tied to inflation, but I'm not sure if that's true.

I just found this to verify that:

First, CPP payments are indexed to the consumer price index (CPI), as measured over the 12-month period ending in October of the previous year. The changes take effect on Jan. 1 of each year. For 2020 through 2022, CPP payments increased by 1.9%, 1.0% and 2.7% respectively.

and:

The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) is supposed to be inflation-indexed, and benefits generally do rise a bit every year. However, it would be tough for the plan to increase benefits by an amount commensurate with the inflation rate next year.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2022 12:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:


TRUMP WANTED TO PRIVATIZE MEDICARE. BIDEN’S LETTING IT HAPPEN

onald Trump claimed to be a supporter of Medicare, yet his administration took numerous steps to cut its budget and introduce schemes to privatize it, including the Direct Contracting Entity (DCE) program, also known as ACO REACH. Rather than overturn this program, President Biden and his administration have been quietly letting it continue.

https://therealnews.com/trump-wanted-to-privatize-medicare-
bidens-letting-it-happen



When I worked at the apartments I had a few conversations with a woman I will just call FNL (for Fox News Lady). FNL railed about how we need to support all the more drastic conservative positions when we vote. I countered her harangue with a simple: "I always check to see who is trying hardest to take away my Social Security."

She said, "There are things more important than that."

Knowing I would be almost wholly dependent on my SS check in a few years, I knew that in my and millions of other cases, few things are even that important.

Since my wife and I became dependent on SS and Medicare we have seen our benefits cut steadily. The year she had her knee replacement surgery is a perfect illustration. She had the first in Feb. She was given wonderful treatment and had had physical therapy before going home. She was able to walk in thee front door. Near the end of the same year we went in expecting a repeat. If I had known how benefits had been cut I could have done things differently for her. Same medical team as before. They rushed her through with minimal attention and immediately sent home without checking to see if she was going to be able to walk. I hadn't known to prepare for this. She ended up having to scoot herself backward up the steps and crawl through the front door.

Biden is doing his bit to **** us on it also. Give me a reason to like voting for this "most progressive Democrat since Roosevelt."



Some years back the Republicans devised a strategy whereby they could spend money freely while in power, but demand strict budget walls for Democrats. After spending like drunken sailors their mantra becomes, "But how are you going to pay for it?" and "If you spend it here you have to cut it from here (speaking of social spending and cuts)" A pattern that now recurs and Democrats fall for it. Any spending of OUR tax money on US is unthinkable. PPS loans given and forgiven. No stink. Forgive some loans or make medicine affordable and the budget ninnies are in arms.
0 Replies
 
 

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Biden's America #2
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/12/2024 at 08:40:45