What's happened to the trivia forum?

Don1

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 01:11 am
Well, What's happened to the trivia forum?

It's been months now since there was anything really NEW on this forum, it's just the same old long running so called games like "I think of a food E.G. pie, and you think of a food starting with the last letter of my word E.G. egg

What happened to the stuff that you had to actually THINK about before answering?
Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,780 • Replies: 20
No top replies

spendius

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 03:28 am
Hey Don-

I think a lot most of the time.Acronyms wear me out sometimes.My little brain fair aches after a joust with those girls.And add a letter is frustrating as well as difficult.Most of the threads provide good opportunities for wit and,as you will know,wit includes speed as well as humour.
What is at the top is what has evolved.
If I was to make a suggestion I would remove that sticky on Wargames and put your new thread in it's place so we have a place to discuss the health of the forum.We just have to live with the pipping fans.
It certainly isn't dull.Maybe you don't come on often enough and thus fail to pick up on the dark undercurrents.
0 Replies

meghamann

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 01:22 pm
Can anyone get these for me?

Put this list of body armor in order from least protective to most protective. You will earn 1 point for each item in the correct spot.

Padded
Chain Mail
Leather
Tournament
Bar Mail
Quilted
Plate
Ring Mail

AND

Black + Green = what color?

Black + Blue + Green + Red = what color?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 01:28 pm
You must be kidding.
0 Replies

meghamann

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 01:30 pm
WHY AM I KIDDING?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 01:33 pm
Protected from what?Each item might well be first depending on what the danger is.

Plus it's boring.
0 Replies

meghamann

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 01:36 pm
well i figured i would be in layers but not sure what the layers would be

padded
quilted
chain mail

and then i have no clue thats why i asked for help not smart remarks but thanks anyways.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 01:47 pm
You're welcome.
0 Replies

meghamann

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:25 pm
Anyone know this one?

Change 1 letter in the name of a magazine about a certain time in a female's life to find a magazine about one of her relatives
0 Replies

meghamann

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:45 pm
Anyone figure this out?

The names of three people are interletted below. Can you find them?

G S V E A I N M C E A T V N
O I T R E H I V A A E

All letters have to be used and can only be used once.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 08:14 am
And where does wit figure in that?
0 Replies

meghamann

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:22 pm
I guess you don't know the answer so why bother with the comments? It's okay not to know the answers sometimes, just keep the comments to yourself. =)
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:30 pm
Why should he Meg, your invading his turf? With a great deal of insolent gusto I may add. You want to play snakes and ladders to the letter. Us guy's {how's that for American mimicking?} are here for the beer, not for our brain power, I get enough of that in the boardroom. Spends has to make important decisions regarding his tipple of the moment, he has no desire to screw his train of thought up playing arse holes.

I trust that puts you in the picture mate.
0 Replies

carditel

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 01:05 am
G S V
E A I
N M C
E A T
V N O
I T R
E H I
V A A
E

GENEVIEVE
SAMANTHA
VICTORIA
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 03:11 am
Hey meghaman-

You'll never live up to your self-styled user name doing simple word puzzles out of The Sun.They are designed to pass the time for those who the economy had sidelined for one reason or another.
This is a discussion thread in case you hadn't noticed.The newspapers are full of mindless puzzles.
0 Replies

meghamann

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 09:36 am
Well I think it is very rude to take my post out considering I was responding to an already offensive post by someone else.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 01:02 pm
Rudeness is quite common in life and on here.

Look mate-read the first two posts on the thread.Go with what you find.Your puzzle was the sort of thing that one sees in kid's comics.There are battle weary veterans on here and they want a bit of fun in the main not brain numbers like that thing was.What could anybody learn from that?If you stick those letters on Google anagrams you'll get loads of answers.
Try Acronyms and see if you can give us a giggle.It's been pissing down here all day and I need cheering up.

No offence.Meghamann means Big Guy don't it.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 01:28 pm
Re: What's happened to the trivia forum?
Don1 wrote:
Well, What's happened to the trivia forum?

It's been months now since there was anything really NEW on this forum, it's just the same old long running so called games like "I think of a food E.G. pie, and you think of a food starting with the last letter of my word E.G. egg

What happened to the stuff that you had to actually THINK about before answering?
Sad

Hey, Don! What game do you remember? You could always bring it back or ask someone else to. It's always nice to have something new to do on here. Got any ideas?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 01:45 pm
Mathos wrote:
Us guy's {how's that for American mimicking?}

That would be "Weeze guys" or "We'uns"

As opposed to "Youse guys" or "all y'all"
:wink:

these kids with 27 posts......sheesh.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 06:02 pm
Well you never know Chai.Recruits is recruits.I was a bit raw myself at first.Staying in the big tank is the name of the game.
0 Replies